Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter forty two

Part forty two:

~Bam’s POV~
"I don’t like it.. shouldn’t they be done by now? The guy said it would take 1.5 hours at the most! " We were all waiting in the familyroom, because we we’re with such a big group and I think the nurses were getting annoyed by us. "Bam, sit down.. it’s all going to be fine, I’m sure they’ll bring her out soon. " Drea grumbled from the corner. Out of everyone, she was getting the most annoyed. Ilistened in to overheard her talking to Dico. She got hung up on the idea that Chase had never seen her before. She had a younger image of me and the guys, just like Ape and Phil.. even Vito.. But she’d never seen Drea. She was worried Chase wouldn’t like her anymore. Bullshit if you ask me, Chase isn’t like that.. but none of us could convince her otherwise.

"Mister Margera and friends? " A nurse suddenly said. I hadn’t even heard her open the door. I whirled around and approached her. "Yeah? " She looked a bit taken aback. "They just finished Cassandra’s surgery. They’re going to move her to the recovery room, where she’ll sleep off the anaesthetic. After that, she’ll be moved to her own room, you’ll be able to see her in about half an hour. " I groaned, frustrated beyond belief. Drea pushed me back a little and smiled at the young nurse. "That’s great, thank you. So everything went okay during the surgery? " I had the urge to smack myself. Obvious first question much? Why didn’t I think of that.. The nurse nodded, thankful for a bit more amiable conversation partner I guess. "Yes, it went along just fine. They had a minor delay because of the irregular structure of her eye, but other than that the doctor sees no reason why things wouldn’t turn out the way they’re supposed to." It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, quickly replaced by a nagging and itching feeling. A week.. a week and she’d be able to see.. "Great, thank you so much.. which room will she be staying in? " The nurse looked at her clipboard. "That’s room 344, it’s on the next floor. When you get out of the elevators just walk until you reach the end of the hallway, it’s the last door on your right. " She nodded and thanked the nurse again before she left.

Drea sat down again and laid her head on Dico’s shoulders. "God I’m glad that’s all over.. She’s okay, that’s all that matters." Everyone silently agreed, happy to be out of the suspense of waiting for the surgery. Even though it was in no way life threatening we all just wanted to hear that she was done with it, just to have some peace of mind. "Hey, why can’t we just wait in her room? " Novak suddenly said. "The sooner we can see her.. " I perked up. "Why do you people keep stealing my idea’s today? Let’s go life partner! " We all gathered our things quickly and made our way to the elevators.

"Be carefull Betty, headaches will come very fre-" The door opened and the doctor and a nurse steered Chases bed in the room. He smirked. "Well that’s no surprise really.. " He said laughing a bit at the sight of us. "Cassandra? " He said softly, bending over Chase a little again. "Cassie.. " She mumbled in a sleepdrunken voice. I grinned. "Your friends are all here, I’m sure I’ll leave you in good care.. " They placed her bed at the corner of the room, put on the breaks and left with a reassuring smile. "Come see me later, alright Bam? I’ll fill you in.." The doctor said passing me on his way out. I nodded. "I will, thanks" He winked and left.

I inched closer to the bed, unsure of what to do. Oh, right.. the doc whispered, good idea.. whispering.. "Chase? " I started, still unsure of myself. "I could use a hug you know.. " She groaned. A smile spread out over my face. "My head is going to burst.. i’m sure of it. " I laughed softly and embraced her as well as I could, I wasn’t going to lift her and cause her unnessecary pain. I laid my head in her neck and inhaled her scent, giving a small kiss. "I’m glad you’re okay babe.. " I whispered in her ear. "It was in no shape or form life threatening Bam.. I’ve had worse.. " She laughed softly. It was weird not being able to see her eyes laugh with that. Despite being blind I could always read the happiness from her eyes. It looked unnatural, that amount of bandage around her face. "Just a week.. " She whispered. "One week.. promise you’re here when they do it? I want to see you first.. " I could hear the anaestethic still hadn’t worn off completely, she was straining some words. I nodded. "Promise.. it’ll be okay babe, over before you know it. It’s just a week.. " She squeezed my side, where her hand had been laying. "Just week" She confirmed softly. "Stop hogging Cassie, we want to hug her too.. " Novak suddenly protested. I rolled my eyes but obliged and stepped aside to let the other speak to her. I took out my cell and called Ape. "Bam? What’s the matter? " She answered. It had become her standard greeting when I called her, cause most of the time, when I was younger.. something really did went wrong. I chuckled. "Nothing Ape, just called to tell Cassies surgery went well, she’s awake and talking to the others right now.. the doctor is optimistic about the outcome.. " She let out a yelp. "That’s great news Bam! I’ll make her favourite tonight and bring it over! " I laughed. "Ape, she’s in the hospital for a week remember.. " It was silent for a sec. "Right.. " I smirked. "Make it in a week, I’m sure she’ll like that.. " Leave it to my mom to solve things with food. "Great idea Bam, I have to go though, my next customer just got in.. send her my love.. we’ll visit tomorrow or something. " I nodded. "Kay, later"
I turned to face the others again, they were all either hugging her or telling her about things that happened during waiting. Yeah, we’d become frustrated with our boredom.. with this lot? That leads to dramatic things..

~Your POV~
I let out a big yawn and felt like my brains were a few sizes to big for my head, everything pounded. "Guys.. let’s go.. " Bam’s voice sounded above the others, a bit louder now. "She’s tired.. let’s just let her sleep. The sooner she sleeps, the sooner this’ll all be over with. " I couldn’t find the strength to nod so I just stuck up my thumb. Soft chuckles were heard and their weight lifted from my bed. I felt someone place a kiss in my neck. I grabbed, as quickly as I could, the neck of the person. "Tell Drea nothing will change.. will you? " I whispered. "She’s worrying to much.. and frankly I’m just a tad offended she’ll think her looks matter to me.. " I kissed his ear and let him go. I heard Bam chuckle. "Will do, sleep tight alright? Phil, Ape and me will probably be by tomorrow.. She was thrilled to hear you were okay. " I smiled. "Kay.. night.. " I yawned again and felt the familiar feeling of sleep take over. I just wish I could feel if my eyes were closed or open.. The bandage and painkillers were making it hard..

Just a week..

~Fast forward, you guessed it.. a week~
I woke up to sounds around my room. This week I had befriended the nurses that took care of me.. they were really nice girls. "Betty? " I asked to the room. Thankfully I had no trouble talking at a normal tone anymore.. my headaches stopped after three days. She chuckled. "Yes Cassie, it’s me.. are you exited? " I tried to frown but my bandages prevented that. My bandages.. "Oh my god, it’s the seventh day isn’t it!? " I exclaimed. She laughed louder. "Yes, I can’t believe you forgot! " I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. Oh god, I did forget.. I felt her hand on my forearm. "We’re going to take you to another room as soon as the doctor comes in. It’s darker over there because you’ll eyes need to adjust. We’ll slowly let more light in so we can do a few tests okay? " I nodded, but froze. "What about Bam? " She gave my arm a light squeeze. "He can’t be in there with you Cassie.. but we’ll call him as soon as you go in, so he’ll be waiting for you.. is that okay? " I nodded softly and wanted to say something else but a knock on the door interrupted us. "Ladies.. are we ready for the big reveal? " The doctor happily said. I felt tingling all through my body. "Y-yeah.. " My voice shook. He laughed softly. "Don’t worry Cassandra.. according to our scan from yesterday, you should be just fine.. " I nodded. "I know.. " The exitement caused me to forget to correct him. He was stubborn and refused to call me Cassie, the prick.
"Well then, if you’re ready for it.. we can roll out! "
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler-ish.. my apologies.
I pretty much think I suck for breaking my promises of updating several times, but I assure you I have a valid reason. It's quite personal so I will not put it up here. All that's important is, is that I'm dealing and gratefull for having writing as an outlet.

I have a feeling that the next chapter will be what you're all waiting for.
Thanks for all the support guys, you really are amazing :)

Much love,
-XOXO