Status: Updating Slowly

Crossed Paths

If you don't want us here then fine, we'll just go

over the weekend, Jane had kept a close eye on Roxy and Zacky to make sure nothing else happened between them. They had hardly spoken since Zacky told Roxy that he had to move out, and the rest of the guys and Ash still didn’t know what Jane had said to Zacky.
“Ash, I don’t wanna start a new school.” Roxy moaned
“Rox, that’s about the tenth time, and for the last time, neither do i!” Ashleigh snapped
“woah, whats up with you?”
“sorry, bhut you know I hate it on the first day, when you walk in and everyone’s staring at you, making you feel like a freak.” Ashleigh replied, brushing her hair.
“oh yeah, sorry I forgot you probably hate this more than me, you’ve had to go to more new school.” Roxy replied, putting her hair in two loose bunches that hung over her shoulders.
“urgh, and my hairs really pissing me off, and I need to redo my fringe the colours starting to grow out.” Ashleigh moaned
“oh come on, we wouldn’t wanna be late on our first day now would we.” Roxy laughed.
The girls walked downstairs to the kitchen to find Jane, Matt and Syn sitting at the breakfast bar (everyone else was still in bed.)
“morning” Matt said as they sat down.
“all set for your first day?” Jane asked,
“I guess so.” They replied in unison,
“oh god they’ve started speaking in unison already.” Syn laughed,
“They’re gonna drive the teachers mad.”
Jane laughed slightly then said,
“right, well I’ve gotta get to work. Good luck today.”
She picked up her keys and started putting on her jacket.
”wait, how are we getting to school?” Roxy asked,
“Matthew’s taking you today because I have to work 8 until 2.”
“Oh, ok.” Roxy said, before Jane left.”
“Matt.” Ashleigh said sweetly walking over to Matt, when she was sure Jane had gone.
“Yes hun?” he replied, half knowing what she was going to say, putting his arms around her waist,
“can we just stay here today and tell Jane that we went to school?” she asked, just as sweetly
“…no.” he replied simply. Ashleigh pouted, Matt laughed and kissed her,
“no I think if you don’t show up, the school might ring mom at work.”
“But I hate going to new schools…more than Roxy, I’ve been to so many fucking schools, you don’t know how hard it is.”
“hey. I’m sure it’ll be fine. Anyway we’d better go. Syn you coming?”
Syn nodded and they got up heading towards the door.
“Ash, come on.” Matt said turning round to see Ashleigh still standing there, she shook her head, Matt sighed and walked back over to her. “Fine, we’ll do this the hard way.” He said lifting her up and throwing her over his shoulder.
“Matt!” she screamed,
“What up hun?” he said, smirking slightly.
“put me down!”
“Um, no.”
“Matt!” Ash screamed again hitting his back as he jolted her up slightly.
“Yes?” he asked sweetly.
Ash just sighed and start evilly at Roxy and Syn who were walking behind them laughing. When they were outside Syn unlocked Matts car and opened the front passenger door. Matt leaned in and put Ashleigh down in the seat. She crossed her arms and stared at him.
“Bastard.” She said simply after a second.
“Love you too.” He grinned shutting the door and walking around the other side of the car and getting in. Syn and Roxy climbed into the back seats.
During the five minute journey no one said anything, when Matt stopped outside the school he turned to the girls.
“Right I think I have to come in with you to sign you in and meet the principle and stuff. You gonna stay with the car Syn?”
Syn nodded, and climed into the front seat, as the others got out of the car he drove off to turn around…or something like that,.
“Hi, I was told to come with these two, they’re meant to be starting here today.” Matt said to the woman behind the reception desk.
“Ah yes. Is that Ashleigh Brooks and Roxy Cortez?” she asked
“Yeah.” Matt nodded.
“Ok. The principle’s office is third on the left. Just knock and go on in.” the woman said signalling to the hall to the left of the desk.
“Thanks.” He replied, before walking down the corridor, the girls following close behind him.
He reached the door, knocked twice then opened it and stood back to let the girls in ahead of him.
“Ah, good morning girls. Welcome to the school.” The guy in the office said happily.
“Thanks” the girls replied quietly in unison.
“I’m Mr Conners by the way. Now…here are you schedules, and a map because the school is rather large and you might need to find your way to your lessons.” He laughed at his own crappy joke, as he gave the girls two sheets of paper each. “Your tutor is called Mr Johnson, he is in room 16, which is in the science block, on the other side of the school. There is another fairly new student in his tutor as well, so you wont be completely alone with the ‘being new’ thing. And finally these are your homework diaries to record…well homework.” He continued also handing the girls two A5 sized books, which they put in their bags almost straight away.
“So, is there anything else I need to do or can I go?” Matt asked.
“Oh yes, can you just sign these papers for me,” he said putting a few sheets of paper in front of Matt.
Matt picked up a pen and signed each sheet.
“Ok, I think that’s everything now. I’ll show you to your tutor now, and Mr Sanders you can go now. Thank you.”
“Er yeah, thanks. See you later girls.” He said before leaving the office.
Just then the bell rang.
“Right, ready to go to your new tutor?”
“I guess so.” Ashleigh replied as Roxy merely nodded.
“Ok, lets go then.” Mr Conners said, leading the girls out of his office and down the corridor opposite his door.
After trekking down numerous corridors and down a small set of stairs Mr Conners stopped outside a blue door in what the girls guessed was the science block(…well duh ) and pushed it open. As he walked in he signalled for the girls to follow him.
“Mr Johnson, these are our two new school pupils, they are your new tutor members. Girls this is Mr Johnson, your new tutor. If you hadn’t already worked that one out.” He laughed. The girls had already guessed that Mr Conners was one of those people who thought they’re jokes were hilarious and always laughed at them. Obviously he was the only one who ever laughed at his jokes because the rest of the class, including Mr Johnson were just staring at Mr Conners with pretty much the exact same look on their faces… ‘oh my god he’s off again’ or ‘shut up your not funny.’
“Hi girls.” Mr Johnson said cheerily.
“Hi.” Roxy said quietly, while Ashleigh merely showed a small smile that was accompanied by a small wave. Pretty much the whole of the class was now looking at them now, minus the odd few people dotted around the room.
“Right, well I have some work to do, so I’ll leave these two with you. Have a good first day girls. I’ll check in with you at some point.” Mr Conners said leaving the room.
“Right well as Mr Conners has already said, I’m Mr Johnson your new tutor, and I think I may teach at least one of you for science as well, if not both of you.”
“I’m Roxy.”
“Ashleigh.”
“Right, well if you would like to take the two seats at the back there, next to another fairly new student Michael.” He said pointing to the back right hand corner of the room.
As the girls walked towards the back of the room the rest of the class became bored with the ‘new girls’ and carried on talking, laughing and a couple were shouting. Ashleigh then noticed that Michael that they had been told to sit next to, was the same Michael that had lived in the orphanage with them. When they were standing pretty much next to him he still wasn’t paying attention and hadn’t noticed them, so Ashleigh suddenly flung her arms around him.
“What the-!” He began, but stopped when he saw who it was. “Ash? Rox? What are you two doing here?” he asked hugging Ashleigh back.
“Oh thanks. If you don’t want us here then fine, we’ll just go.” Ashleigh said turning and pretending to walk off.
“That’s not what I meant, and you know it.”
“Well this is our new school, as of today.” Roxy explained.
“And what are you doing here?” Ashleigh added.
“This is my new school, as of well last Monday.” He grinned. “I got adopted not long after you two. And I’ll tell you now. This ain’t the best school, but it sure as hell beats ‘lessons with Mrs T’. he added.
For the rest of tutor they caught up and just generally chatted. When the bell rang for first lesson they checked their schedules.
“So what have you two got first then?” Michael asked.
“Um…IT, you?” Ashleigh replied scanning her sheet.
“Same. I’ll show you were it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. its not been that long since the last update, considering how long it has sometimes been. This is just a quick update. but let me know what you think. :)