Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Tulsa

[LorrieBeth's POV]

"Alright, that's the last of it." I said as I shut the door to the U-haul trailer that was secured to the back of my car.
"I'm gonna miss you so much, honey." my dad said as he wrapped me up into a gigantic bear hug.
"I'm gonna miss you too, Daddy.... and you too, of course, Mom."
I smiled and kissed both of my parents on the cheek before hopping into the driver's seat of my car. I rolled down my window so that my parents could kiss me one more time before leaving.
"Here, take this." my dad handed me an envelope. I looked inside of it and there was a slip of paper inside. I took it out and it was a check for $1,000.
"Oh, gosh... Daddy...Mom... I don't know what to say. I can't take this."
"Yes you can. We want you to have it. We'll be insulted if you don't take it."
I folded the check and put it into my purse. "Thank you."
"You're welcome, sweetheart."
I smiled and rolled my window back up. I fixed the air conditioning to the right temperature and waved at my parents as I pulled out of the driveway. I graduated college last week. I was there for four years getting my degree in music. Now, it's time for me to venture off and find a job. Seeing as how I live in the country town of Helena, OK where the population is less than 500 people, it's hard to find a job in the music business. Actually, it's pretty much impossible. So, today I'm moving to Tulsa. I went to Tulsa a few weeks ago to find an apartment, and I found the perfect one right. It's not too close to the city, so I can have some quiet, but, it's not too terribly far away either. My favorite band lives in Tulsa and they have their own record company. I put in an application to be a personal assistant to them and have an interview next week. I'm hoping to move into my new apartment and get settled in before the interview and hopefully, I'll get the job. To get this job would be great for me, it would be the perfect gate-way job to full filling my dream as a music producer. I turned the stereo on and popped in a Hanson CD to help pass the time, a couple of hours later i was pulling into a parking space outside of my apartment building. "
Thank God I have friends in Tulsa, there is no way I would bring in all these boxes by myself." I thought as I opened the U-haul. I checked my watch, Melissa and Kristen should be here soon. I called them about thirty minutes ago and told them to meet me here. I grabbed a box and the key to my new apartment and went inside, setting the box on the floor.
"Knock, knock." I heard someone say, turning around I saw Melissa and Kristen standing in the doorway.
"Hey guys! Come on in."
I hugged the two girls and quickly showed them around the apartment.
"Alright! Let's get moving, shall we, ladies?"
We went out to the U-haul and started bringing in boxes. We worked all morning, and got all of the boxes brought in and were unpacking them. Around one o'clock we decided to take a lunch break. Since I'm in the process of moving in, I didn't have anything there so we decided to go out to lunch. We picked a little diner and I got hash browns and toast while Melissa and Kristen both got burgers. I'm a vegetarian, and that was pretty much the only thing they had that was okay for me to eat. After eating, we went back to my place and unpacked some more. By the end of the day, we had the kitchen and my bedroom completely finished. My bedroom was amazing. It was so me. The bed was centered in the room with a black comforter, aqua colored sheets, and black/aqua striped pillow cases. The curtains were black, and the rug in the center of the room was aqua.

It had been a long time since I'd seen these girls, we met in college, but, they both graduated before I did. So, while I was at school, they were off doing other things and we didn't get to see each other as often as we liked, so I invited them to stay over. We rolled out our sleeping bags and camped out in what would be the living room the following morning. We stayed up pretty late joking around and laughing, acting like teenagers. It was nice, to just kick back and hang out with my girls. Although, when we had to wake up, we were not so happy.
"Maybe we shouldn't have stayed up so late." Melissa said while yawning and drinking her third cup of coffee.
"I think may be you're right." I replied, emptying what was left in the coffee pot into my mug.

After we finished our coffee and ate some cereal, we decided to get to work. The earlier we get to work, the earlier we'll be finished. It didn't take very long to do the bathroom, really all we had to do was put up the aqua and black striped shower curtain, put towels in the cabinet and put all my toiletries away. After the bathroom, we started working on the living room. We positioned all the furniture with the couch against the wall, hooked up the T.V. and DVD player, plugged in the lamp, and hung up the curtains, which of course are aqua and black. Aqua and black are my favorite colors, obviously. Oh, and of course we took a lunch break. After we'd done most of the living room, we went to Sub-way, came back and finished up.

"Living Room is done, bedroom is done, bathroom is done, and the kitchen is done. All that's left now is the office. Want to tackle it now or wait until another day?" I looked at Kristen.
"I say we do it now and then treat ourselves to a night out on the town. Dinner, maybe a movie or dancing?"
"Sounds good to me."

We headed into the second bedroom of my apartment, the one I was planning on using as an office and began unpacking boxes. The first box we unpacked is the one that held my new computer desk in it. We took the parts of the desk out of the box and started reading assembly directions. It was fairly easy and took us about twenty minutes to put the whole desk together. I took my laptop out of its case and set it in the center of the desk. I had them set up wireless internet in here last week, as well as cable. We put all of my folders full of paper work into the drawers on the desk and set up the printer.
"Ladies, we are finished."
♠ ♠ ♠
I ask that if you read this story or any other of my stories that you leave a comment to let me know if you liked it or if I should get a new hobby.

Thanks =]