Diary of the Tardis.

Child of the Tardis.

The screen flickered on in the dark room. A dark woman with stern features in a brightly lit but somewhat blank room appeared on it.
A small girl, barely 8 years old, stopped and looked at the screen.

Annie.” The woman spoke. She was covered in cuts, and blood was trickling from her mouth. “Annie, I wanted to know.
I wanted to know who he was.
I wanted him to love me.
I wanted him to hold me.

A young girl touched the screen and it shimmered and fuzzed.
Don’t do what I did.
I let this want consume me.
He wasn’t meant to be loved by me.
He doesn’t want to give himself over.


“Wait, where are you? I can help you!”

Annie? If you see them again. If you see those men…
“What?”
Run Annie.
Just run.
Promise me Annie?


“I promise.” Huge tears welled in the girls green eyes.

Annie, I have to go now.
“NO! I wont let them take you!” The girl cried.
It’s just too late.” The woman sighed.

“Wait…” She sobbed. A figure materialised from the shadows and stood next to the girl.

Doctor.” Her voice was barely above a whisper.

“Who…who are you?” The girl asked quietly.

Doctor. I don’t know if I can get out of this one. They’ll find me soon. And then it’s all over.

“I’m sorry it happened like this.” The Doctor finally spoke. “That it ended up this way.”

“I don’t blame you Doctor.”

“I know you don’t. But I made a bad choice. And I can’t fix this mess.”

“Annie.” The woman looked the girl. “The Doctor will look after you. You can trust him Annie.”
The screen fuzzed.

“She’s gone?” The girl asked the man.

“I’m sorry Annie.” She hugged the Doctor, eyes full of tears. “I tried to help her, I really did. But they were too smart and too fast. They knew too much…So much they shouldn’t have known.”
“Will we see her again?”

“I can’t say. Maybe one day, if you’ve been good. One day you’ll see her again.”

“Will it be soon?”

“I hope not Annie, I really hope not.”

“She looked after me, whos gonna look after me now?”

“Annie. Annie…I’ll look after you.” He bent down to the girls level. “Do you want to go on a trip?” The girl nodded and grabbed the Doctors hand. He walked her into the Tardis and they disappeared.

I woke up in a sweat. I pulled on a dressing gown and wandered to the main deck.
“Doctor?” I hoped he was around.

“Yes Annie?” He called as he walked from around a corner. I walked up and wrapped my arms around him.

“Thank you for being there for me.”