I Don't Like Your Girlfriend

I Miss You

It has been a week without Matt, and let me tell you, it isn’t easy. I knew telling him to forget about her meant him not talking to me, but I’m going crazy without him. It’s kinda good though, I am writing more. A guy even got a hold of me after I played at the bar saying that he wanted to sign me. I told him I would think about it. I haven’t told Taylor yet, or anyone really. I know it would be amazing to finally get sighed, but I’m not sure if I even want to travel down that path. Not without knowing where me and Matt stand.

I was playing a new song I wrote when I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and placed my guitar on the couch and answered the door.

“Hey bitch!” Taylor said coming in. I smiled and hugged her.

“What’s up?” I asked following her to the living room.

“Just stopping by,” she said looking around. Something was up with her, and I knew I wouldn’t like it when I found out.

“Are you sure that’s all?” I said placing my hands on my hips. She sighed and looked at me with a sad face.

“Um… how about you sit down?” she said walking over to the couch and sat down. I sat down next to her with a curious look on my face.

“Um, Brian told me that um…Matt went on a date with Val last night,” she said looking at me with sad eyes. I sat there shocked.

“W-What?” I stuttered. She just nodded.

“Yeah… I don’t know the full details… But I guess he didn’t even go back home last night…” she said looking at me again. I fell back against the back of the couch and sighed.

“Well… Looks like I know who he picked…” I said running a hand over my face, trying so hard not to break down and cry.

“I’m so sorry Eva,” she said hugging me. I just shrugged.

“Not much you can do, or anyone can do…” I said running a hand through my hair.

“Um… Can I be alone?” I asked after a awkward silence.

“Sure hun… Call me okay?” she said getting up. I just nodded and grabbed a pillow, hugging it close to me.

Once I heard the front door closed I broke down. I curled up onto the couch and balled my eyes out. I finally had him. I had the guy I wanted forever, and I lost him to her. I really need him right now, but I know I probably can never have him again. I loved him so much. I thought he did too. It’s like…he lead me on to believe that we would be together, and then he goes and crushes it. I don’t even know if he even loved me.
But I know I did.

I sighed and looked at my notebook and pen then grabbed it.
I wrote a song, while still crying. Once the song was finished I picked up my guitar and played it.

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok
I miss you

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I'd do, I'd give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me, yeah

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok
I miss you…


I sighed and looked at my cell phone. I sat my guitar down on the couch and opened my phone, hoping I would have a missed call or a text from Matt. But I didn’t.

I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and got up and opened the door. There stood Matt. I groaned.

“Well… It’s nice to meet you too,” he said walking in, limping. I looked at his foot and saw that it was in a leg boot. I wanted to laugh. It looked to funny on him.

“Yeah…” I said brushing past him and sat back on the couch closing my notebook. He came and sat next to me.

“What do you want Matt?” I asked looking at him.

“I came here to tell you I am over Val,” he said looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah. I’m sure. You are so fucking over her that you went out on a date with her. Oh yeah Matt, that sounds like you are over her!” I yelled standing up. He gave me a confused look.

“I didn’t go on a date with her last night,” he said standing up too. I rolled my eyes again.

“Stop rolling your eyes at me! Amy came home last night to surprise us and Val picked me up because my mother called her too. So she just came by to get me and I stayed at my parent’s house and Val went home,” he said walking over to me. I saw in his eyes that he wasn’t lying.

“Are you sure?” I asked crossing my arms. He nodded.

“You can even call Amy. She wants to see you anyways,” he said. I sighed and looked at him. He gave me a puppy dogface. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him.

“I’ve missed you,” he said kissing my neck. I giggled.

“I’ve missed you too,” I said pulling away.

“I know it’s going to be hard to trust me again. But let’s just take things slow and hopefully you will trust me again,” he said taking my hands. I nodded.

“So, you write anything new?” he asked pulling me into another hug. I nodded and pulled away and sat down.

“I wanna hear it,” he said sitting down.

“You sure? They are kinda mean. One is sad though,” I said picking up my guitar.

“I think I can deal with it,” he said leaning back.

“You do know that like, all of them are about you right?” I said. He just nodded. I sighed and played him some of the new stuff I have been working on. I played Contagious, When You’re Gone, How Does It Feel, andThe Best Damn Thing.

“Wow…” he said. I just nodded and out my guitar down.

“Yeah…um… A guy asked me if I wanted to be signed… But I told him I had to think about it. Because I didn’t want to say yes, then you come back and things not work out because I am busy getting my name out there…” I said looking at him. He looked happy.

“Eva! Go for it babe! I am not going to leave your side at all,” he said kissing my cheek and smiled.

“You really think so?” I asked.

“Hell yeah babe! Now, I can go to your shows and see my sexy girlfriend on stage,” he said. I laughed.

“Who said I was your girlfriend anyways?” I asked joking around. He smiled.

“Eva Davis, will you be my girlfriend…again?” he asked. I smiled and kissed him deeply. He knew my answer and smiled into the kiss.

"I've missed you," he said pulling away. I smiled and kissed him.

"I've missed you too," I said smiling.

“Now, call the guy back and tell him yes!” he said kissing my cheek. I smiled and called Kevin.

Hopefully this will help us, and not hurt us. I don’t think I can deal with losing Matt, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
very crappy. sorry.

i re-wrote this four times. ha.

song credits: all Avril Lavigne songs.