Why So Serious?

Ten.

Harley walked over to the Joker and pulled a knife out of back pocket of her skirt. She flipped it open and cut off his plastic handcuffs.

“That’s a classy outfit,” he said, standing up and rubbing his wrists.

“It sure is, now we should leave.”

He shrugged. “You don’t think it’s cozy?” He asked then strolled out of the room, like he was walking through a park instead of escaping from an insane asylum.

“I want to get out of these clothes and then-” He was interrupted by yelling.

“Stop, or I’ll shoot!”

The Joker stared at the security guard curiously and started walking towards him. Harley stepped out of the room and leaned against the door frame casually. As the Joker crept closer to the guard, the gun started rattling in his shaking hands; he was terrified. The Joker discreetly flipped open the knife he took from Harley and hid it behind his leg.

“Stop it!” yelled the cop. “Don’t come any closer!” his shaky voice yelled.

The Joker lunged at him and pressed the knife against his jugular. “You know,” he said as he hit the guard’s hand, making the gun fall out of his hand and hit the floor with a clatter. “You shouldn’t be waving a weapon around like that.”

Tears were welling up in the man’s eyes. “You’re evil!” he yelled.

“No, you see here…” he trailed off, glimpsing down and reading the guard’s name tag. “You see here, Brian. I believe everyone is evil. You just have to find what makes them tick. When you take that away, they’ll fall eventually.” The Joker pulled down Brian so his neck was under his shoulder; never removing the knife from his neck. He started down the hall.

He motioned Harley to follow him and they continued walking a few paces before the Joker stopped in his tracks, then doubled back and stopped at a door marked 145. He glimpsed throw the small Plexiglas window.

“Harvey Dent,” he stated. He nodded his head and Harley unlocked the door. He walked into the room with stunned Brian still in his choke hold.

“And here we were, in the same asylum all along,” he mused then stretched his neck to the side, cracking it.

Harvey looked up a him. “It’s Two-Face now,” he said, then looked at Harley, the Joker, then Brian. “You think you can get me out of here?”

“With pleasure,” the Joker grinned.

“See, this Brian, is an example of what I was talking about,” he said in a sing-song voice. “Everyone’s evil.” Brian whimpered and the Joker slashed the knife across his neck. The man fell to the ground in a heap and his eyes glazed over. Blood was seeping in a crimson stream out of the deadly cut.

Two-Face stepped over him. The group stepped out of the room and started down the hall.

“I need my clothes, Harley,” the Joker told her.

“I know, follow me.”

She showed them to a room in the back of the building. The Joker gathered his purple suit and went to the room right beside them to change. He appeared and then Two-Face grabbed his own halfway charred suit off of a rack and followed suit.

They made their way to the front of the building and into the parking lock. There they were greeted by a swarm of cop cars. They heard the click of many guns being cocked and took in the scene. Twenty cops were surrounding the entrance to facility.

“Drop your weapons,” a familiar voiced yelled.

“Ah, Commissioner! I would stay longer but I really have some business to attend to, being indisposed for so long,” The Joker put his hand in his pocket quickly and pushed a button, causing the whole building to explode.

Harley was shocked. This was not part of the plan! She had the detonator to the bomb!

While the police took cover the Joker grabbed Two-Face’s arm and ran to a sleek black car parked behind the cop cars. They pair jumped in and the car sped off before the enter building was even set aflame.

Harley looked around in horror as cops came about their wits and swarmed her. One cuffed her before she knew what was happening and two were dragging her to a cop car.

The man referred to as ‘Commissioner’ spoke as the neared the car. “Take her downtown," he said. "She'll have the information we need."

Harley couldn’t help but roll her eyes as the pushed her into the vehicle. It sped off of in the opposite direction of the Joker.

And that’s when she realized what had happened. She had just been used. She was never going to see the man she had fallen in love with again.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the end. there's going to be a sequel but i don't exactly know when i'm going to get around to it with school and what-not.

great place to end, yeah? :D

btw, i still expect comments, subscriptions, and banners from you amazing people. thank you for making my story so popular. it's not the story on mibba but it certainly passed my expectations. i truly love you all and will continue to try my best to produce good stories for you.

i truly adore you all,
ali.