Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Birthday Party

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

"December 3rd is the best day ever!" I squealed as I plopped down next to Marissa at dinner. It was my birthday, I was seventeen now. I could do all the magic and all the apparating I felt like. Life was wonderful.

"Yes, we all know that your birthday is the most sacred of holidays," she answered unenthusiastically.

I looked around at my friends; who were all sitting together? What was going on? It was then I realized that Draco and Evelyn weren't there.

"Where's Dray and Evie?" I asked, my excitement dampening.

"The Room of Requirement," Monty said. "Don't worry, they promised to make it up to you later."

"Oh, during my party?"

Monty's eyes widened in shock. "What party?"

"I let it slip," Crabbe confessed, his mouth stuffed full of mashed potatoes.

Monty hit him on the arm. He flinched once, then continued to eat.

Dinner went way too slowly. We were all silent. I was thinking about my birthday, but I know Marissa and Blaise were busy thinking about Draco and Evelyn.

When it was finally over, I jumped up excitedly.

"Let's go! I wanna down some firewhiskey!" I yelled, waking everyone from their daydreams.

I knew my party would be fun. Monty planned it, and he's notorious for throwing monumental bashes. There were three different bars set up, each with an assortment of drinks. A dance floor had been set up in the middle, and one of his favorite muggle music playing devices was set up. It was begging to have music blared from its speakers.

I was on my third firewhiskey when Draco and Evie showed up. They looked, odd. Their hair was messy, their clothes looked rather sloppy, and they were holding hands. All three of those things screamed scandal.

"Dray? Evie? What did you do?" I asked, shaking a disapproving finger at them.

"Nothing, Soph, lay off," Draco growled in a hushed whisper.

"Awh, you guys, pwease tell me," I whined, though I was pretty sure of the answer.

"If you don't drop this, I won't give you your birthday present," Evelyn threatened.

"What did you get me?" I gasped in delight, holding out my hands like a child would do for candy.

"It's in the enormous pile of presents," Evelyn said, gesturing towards a table stacked high with gifts. I made a bee line for my pile of prizes. I heard Monty laugh.

"Looks like it's present time," he joked.

The presents from Evelyn and Marissa were by far my favorite. As usual, they had made their presents go together. I opened Marissa's first. It was a big box, wrapped in bright gold paper with a dark purple ribbon tied in a bow on top. Inside, was an assortment of miniature clothing, travel bags, and a few brown sacks of icky smelling, pebble looking stuff.

Evelyn's was even bigger, and wrapped in green, sparkling paper with a shiny silver bow. A Slytherin through and through. There were airholes poked in the sides. I ripped open the paper to see a little Chihuahua dog shivering inside a traveling case.

"She's so cute!" I squealed, "I can't believe you kept her wrapped up for so long! She could have died!" I scorned.

"Don't worry, I had a house elf wrap and deliver her like two minutes ago while you weren't looking," she corrected.

"Oh, well that's okay then," I took the doggy out and held her in my hands.

"Evie," Monty began, "You do know that we aren't allowed dogs at Hogwarts right? Just cats, owls, and toads."

"I know," she answered, "All the teachers will see her as a tabby cat. But I had to get Sophie a dog because I knew she wanted one so badly."

I placed the Chihuahua in Monty's hands and hugged Evelyn tightly, then Marissa.

"Thank you so much guys!"

"Your welcome," they chimed in unison; glowing with pride at my delight.

I opened everything on the table, loved every present. It was so unnecessary of everyone to get me things, yet I had to admit it was nice to be the center of attention.

"Sophie, I got you something," Monty said. He handed me a black, velvet box with a emerald green bow on top.

I opened it carefully. Inside was a silver charm bracelet. A single, deep purple charm hung from it in the shape of a heart.

"Merlin, Monty," I gasped, "You shouldn't have."

He took the bracelet and fastened it to my left wrist for me.

"Well I figured that I should," he stated.

"But, why?" I asked, eyes wide, poking the heart with her other hand.

"Because," I whispered, touching the heart as well, "My heart was always yours. This is just the best way to show it."

I placed a tender kiss on his lips. I finally had the boyfriend I always wanted. I gazed around the room, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

I saw Draco downing a firewhiskey, and Evelyn on the other side, talking to Millicent. It took every bit of the limited self restraint I had to withhold from hugging Evelyn. She was aching, I could see it in her eyes. The way they glanced at Draco every few seconds. I could see in those emerald pools her pain. She needed Draco. Like I needed Monty.

But I have Monty. Could she ever truly have Draco?

"Don't be silly, Soph," I mentally scolded myself. "Of course she can't. Stop stating the obvious, we all get enough of that."

The voice in my head was always rational, even when I couldn't be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a total and complete filler chapter, I know.
I thought about not even posting it, but it gives an outsiders perspective on things and it was fun to write from Sophie's POV when she's tipsy. :]
Thoughts? Comments?
XoXo Kate