Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Confrontation

HARRY'S P.O.V.

Today was Thursday. Tomorrow, I finally got to leave with Dumbledore to go in search of the horcrux. It was about time I got to participate in this war. After all, the entire thing revolves around me, as messed up as that is.

I was exhausted after a long day of NEWT preparations. All I wanted to do was gorge myself at dinner, then crawl into my bed and sleep for hours and hours. I could never be that lucky. I never got anything I wanted. Not even a nice meal.

"Harry James Potter!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and whipped my head around. Ron and Hermione did the same. It wasn't very often someone screamed my full name at me. It was Evelyn storming towards me. Her fists were clenched and her face flushed red with anger.

"What's up, Evie?" I asked cautiously, not knowing what was going on.

"How dare you!" she screamed, obviously not caring if she caused a scene.

"What did I do?"

"Why don't you tell me? After all, that curse you used on Draco was quite remarkable!" she spat viciously.

At this point, it was pretty obvious why she's a Slytherin. I'm ashamed to admit that I flinched.

"I didn't even know what that spell does! Besides, I'm sure Malfoy deserved it!"

"How can you say that you bloody git!" she yelled at me.

"Hasn't he told you of his 'mission'? He has to kill someone, Evelyn, kill. Take a life," I whispered harshly.

"Who told you that?" she gasped, leaning towards me as if to sheild the private information from intruding eavesdroppers.

She did know. And I hit a nerve. A big one.

"You knew? You knew he had to kill someone and you didn't tell me!" I could barely keep my voice hushed.

"Yes, I did. And if I would have told you, Harry, I wouldn't be alive to be having this conversation with you right now! So excuse me for my selfishness! Next time I'll just martyr myself for your righteous cause!"

She glared daggers at me. No, not at me, through me. It was as if she was piercing my very soul. I struggled, unsuccessfully, to repress a shudder.

"You're lucky the Ministry doesn't believe you, Potter," she snarled in a near perfect imitation of Malfoy's own malicious drawl.

"And why is that, Zabini?" I asked smirking, all personal relationships aside now.

"Because, if they did, if they came after Draco," she began, leaning even closer towards my face, "I'd say fuck Voldemort and kill you myself."

She left with that. I'd never seen anyone so mad before, well excluding for the Dark Lord himself. Her temper scared me. That just wasn't right, it wasn't like Evelyn.

"Don't worry about it, mate," Ron said shakily, patting me on the back, "She's just a little fiery when it comes to Malfoy. She'll cool off."

"Yeah, it's probably just the pregnancy hormones," Hermione reasoned, her voice too high pitched to be convincing.

"I hope you're right," I replied to them, "Because I have a feeling she really wouldn't have hesitated to kill me for turning in Draco."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was so fun to write...
So second update, off to commenting with you!
XoXo Kate