Status: completed

Rebel Without a Cause Matt Sanders

No Secrets

I groaned while getting out of bed. I knew it was early. To bed late and up early. I hated days like those. Matt laid motionless in the hallway. His light snore let me know he was still alive. I laughed walking by him. Zacky was in the kitchen, quietly making coffee. I sat at the table and just watched him a bit. I smiled at him as he turned around.

Melly: you can't be mad.

He perked one of his very perfect brows.

Zacky: why not?

Melly: because it wouldn't have happened had you not fucked that girl in the house.

Zacky sipped his coffee. I could tell he was trying to think of something to say. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his middle.

Melly: just smile sweet eyes. I know you want to.

He rolled his eyes a bit, the corners of his mouth turning upward.

Zacky: its not fair you can be mad at me but I can't be mad at you.

I let my lips meet his. He smiled into the kiss.

Zacky: that also is not fair.

I shrugged.

Melly: not my fault. You let it be unfair.

Zacky: yeah, I do just give in. I can't help it. You're just so easy to fall for.

He pressed his full lips against mine. The metal made me smile some more.

Johnny: awww...how sweet.

He grinned cheesily. Zacky glared and pushed away from me a bit.

Zacky: I'm going to kick your ass.

He said unenthusiastically. Johnny just chuckled. He came to my side. His arm pulled me to him. A firm grip around me. I found this interesting.

Johnny: I dare you.

Zacky: you don't have to.

Johnny pulled me closer. He was trying to get a rise out of him.

Johnny: Melly, you think he could take me?

There went Zacky's brow again. The perfect arch.

Zacky: easily.

Johnny: I asked Melly.

I shrugged.

Melly: well...you have kicked Zacky's ass once or twice.

Johnny: mmmm...I have haven't I. Thanks for the honest answer.

His hand went to the back of my neck and pulled me in for a kiss. Not a simple peck. Oh no, but a lustful, sex filled, messy kiss. Zacky's eyes turned to slits.

Zacky: doesn't mean I can't kick your midget ass.

Johnny: no but it clearly means I can kick yours fat ass.

I just sat completly thrown off.

Johnny: and give amazing kisses because she's speechless.

Zacky: HA! That's not even possible.

He grabbed me. And with those plump lips, he gave me one of those hot, steamy kisses. The kind that come before a good fuck.

Melly: oh.

I said in a pitch higher than intended. Zacky smirked.

Zacky: that's a kiss, Johnny boy.

Johnny: that looked like a hot mess to me.

Danny: what's up guys?

Zacky: trying to decide who is better me or Johnny.

Johnny: yeah we both kissed Melly.

Danny: and what did she say?

They all looked at me. I blinked rapidly.

Melly: I might need you guys to do it again just so I make the right choice.

I smiled in a daze. But all fun ended when Brian cleared his throat. His expression told us everything. Zacky quickly went from competetive to angrily protective. His eyes went a dark green. Johnny stood arms crossed. His head tilted up a bit. I looked at Danny. He felt the tension. His eyes met mine. I bit my lip.

Danny: what up Brian?

Brian remained silent. He pulled a cig out of his pocket and stuck it in his lips.

Brian: you obviously didn't come in the front door.

Danny: no...is that bad?

Brian shrugged while lighting the cig. The smoke rose up slowly.

Brian: Danny, when we hired you, were we not clear about us being a family? Was Melly not clear?

Danny: no it was pretty clear.

Brian: ok...so help me understand why you wouldn't tell me something important.

Danny: what?

Brian: we try not to keep secrets from each other. So why, since you knew, didn't you tell any of us about Melly.

Danny: what about her?

Brian: you know what I'm talking about.

Danny: I thought everyone knew about it.

Brian: how?

Danny: well she seems pretty open about it.

Brian frowned.

Brian: I'm talking about her being smacked by a car! Not her sex life.

Danny thought for a moment.

Danny: are you tellin' me she didn't tell you. After I clearly told her to. That way she could go see a doctor.

They all stared at him skeptically.

Brian: no she didn't.

Danny: she stayed at my house that night. I took care of it to the best of my abilities and the next day I told her she needed to see a doctor.

Brian: if that is the case, you should have told us anyway.

Danny: yeah but in my defense I didn't really know you at that time.

Brian: hmmmm...that is a point. Doesn't change the fact you could have brought it up.

He stared at Danny.

Danny: it won't happen again.

Brian: no, it won't. Melly go get a bed ready for our guest in the hallway. Since you're here Danny you can help us.

I quickly picked the closest room and threw all the shit on the bed on the floor I would clean it up later. I went into the hallway. Danny's eyes were gaping at his bestfriend on the floor.

Zacky: this is what happens when one our girls gets fucked with.

He spat at him.

Zacky: maybe this can make you understand the importance of what we do here.

Brian: don't worry Dan, he's fine. Now help us get him to a bed room.

They picked him up and I led them to the room.

Danny: why isn't he waking up?

Brian: his body is worn out. Now I don't want to sound like a mobster, but I suggest if you're serious about all of this, you won't let anything slip your mind. Cause if it does...

Danny just looked at his motionless friend. Concern clouding his eyes.

Brian: Melly, clean this room. That way Matt can wake up in a clean room.

I nodded and started.

Brian: Danny me and the guys have to talk to you.

Quietly I cleaned the room. Trying to be silent. Not that it mattered the fucker was out. I took the time to clean his cuts up again. I gently wiped his swollen lip with alcohol. His face twitched.

Melly: shhhhh...its ok.

I continued with other various cuts.

Matt: thanks.

I jumped a bit at his quiet voice.

Melly: you're welcome.

His hand slid down my arm and rested on my hand. I frowned at the action.

Melly: how you feelin'?

Matt: like I'm hung over but way worse.

I nodded.

Matt: I have a black eye don't I?

Melly: yes. Its not that bad though.

Matt: my body's sore.

Melly: that does happen, when the shit is beat out of you.

Matt: yeah. So why did you wait so long to tell them?

Melly: they figured it out. I would have prefered they never found out.

Matt: why not?

Melly: because, I don't know.

We stayed silent. I watched his little movements. He sat up a bit. His eyes wandered around the room. His shirt was dirty, small stains of blood littered it here and there. He licked his dry lips.

Melly: thirsty?

He nodded. I went and got him water. He drank it quickly. Some of it dripping from the corners of his mouth. I smiled a bit.

Matt: what am I supposed to tell my parents when they see me?

Melly: whatever you want.

I reached for more alcohol soaked cotton. He winced when the strong smelling substance met the cut above his eye.

Melly: I missed that one. Did they hit your nose?

He nodded. I gently ran my fingers over it.

Matt: what are you doing?

Melly: checking if its broken.

Matt: how would you know if its broken?

Melly: Johnny's broken enough noses.

His eyes watched my face. I let my mind tell me. Try to remember what the other noses felt like.

Melly: you're good. Just a bit swollen.

I let my fingers run over his cheeks.

Matt: my cheek bones broken?

Melly: no, just swollen like most of your face.

Matt: great. I must look like a bag of shit.

Melly: you kinda always do.

He attempted to glare at me. But his one purple eye wouldn't entirely make it happen. I smiled and shook my head. I gently pushed him down.

Melly: just lay down. You're better off resting.

Matt: I did that all night.

Melly: yeah but on a hard floor. Now you're on a nice bed. Make use of it.

I stood up.

Matt: where you going?

Melly: to make amends with one of my men.

Out in the hallway Danny was literally dropped in my arms. I struggled to keep his half limp body up. He looked at me painfully.

Brian: clean him up. After that give him a room.

They walked off and left me to my struggle. Danny stood up a bit. His arm heavily resting around my shoulders.

Danny: I thought I was off the hook.