Status: completed

Rebel Without a Cause Matt Sanders

Fight!

I sat arms firmly crossed over my chest. My eyes looking away from fuckin' Zacky. Its Monday. I still am not talking to him. Unfortunatly for me he's giving me a ride to school. Just me, Jenn went back to Hunnington.

Zacky: this is rediculous Melly. You have to talk to me.

I sighed.

Zacky: its been three fuckin' days. Who am I supposed to talk to? You're the only one who gets me.

My shoulders shrugged carelessly.

Zacky: ok so I fucked up. Yeah I know, me sayin' that doesn't mean anything, but atleast I know right?

I gave him a yeah right look.

Zacky: its not like you've never caught me before.

I looked back out the window. The school coming insight finally. I got out of the car before he actually had the chance to stop. Slamming the door I walked away. Being alone here isn't a big deal. I don't plan to be here long anyway. I felt a hand snake around my waist, I spun around, and met by a warm kiss. I smiled, tilting my head slightly.

Melly: that was unexpected.

Danny: good.

He smiled brightly. His arm remained in place and we walked into the school. Danny happily talking away. Matt was walking our way. I let my hand wander to Danny's hair. My lips leaving playful kisses on his neck or cheek. Passing Matt like nothing. I kept my eyes on Matt. He turned to look at us. I smiled evily and winked. Giving him a horrible vibe. He stopped and looked concerned. I kept the smile and looked away.

Danny: why are you all smiles?

Melly: oh don't you ever have those times where you can't help but smile.

Danny: only when you're around. Sorry I had to say it.

We both laughed. At lunch me and Danny ate together.

Melly: so have you thought about what I asked you?

Danny: I have.

Melly: and?

Danny: I don't know.

Melly: its up to you babe. You don't have to if you don't want to. I'm or they are not going to force you to do anything.

He smiled.

Danny: I need to think about it a little more.

Melly: that's fine. Just remember. We won't be offended if you say no.

Danny: I know. They all seem pretty cool.

Melly: they are. I will be right back I need to use the bathroom.

He nodded. I made my way to the general direction of the bathroom. I felt someone behind me. I stopped and faced him.

Melly: you sure have a nasty habit of following me.

Matt: what?

Melly: don't think I don't know about that day. What do you want?

Matt: what are you going todo with him?

Melly: have some fun.

My smile dripped poisin.

Matt: fuck you.

Melly: whenever you want sweetie.

He pulled me away from peoples eyes.

Matt: I told already. If you fuck him over.

Melly: I'm not going todo such a thing. When it comes to that sort of thing I save it for people like you.

He looked me over.

Melly: you know, if you wanted alone time with me, you didn't have to act like you were going to be tough with me.

He pushed his body against mine.

Matt: maybe you need to be roughed up.

His right hand went to my hip. I had him right where I wanted him.

Melly: you've already roughed me up. By hitting me with your car sweetheart.

Matt: you would bring that up at a moment like this.

I went silent. I gave him a quick wink. He looked at me confused. Matt stumbled to the side. Danny was on him. Pounding away.

Danny: what the hell Matt. You're supposed to be my bestfriend.

Matt just held his arms up to his face. Taking the hits. I kept to the wall. Our peers started gathering around. Cheering, gasping, or gossiping.

Matt: Danny! Stop!

Danny: fuck you Matt! I've let you take one to many from me.

Matt finally hit back. Catching him off guard.

Matt: I want nothing todo with her!

Danny went at him again. I watched. Waiting for a damn teacher to show up. And when one finally did the three of us were taken to the office. All sitting apart from each other. Danny was glaring at Matt.

Danny: Melly why didn't you just tell me, he hit you with his car?

Melly: I didn't want you to be mad at him. I know how much your friendship to him means to you.

I said sincerly. Matt looked at me disgusted.

Matt: that's a fucking lie. She was just waiting. Waiting for a moment like this.

Melly: its not a lie. I didn't want anyone to know. They didn't need to.

Danny: I can't even process any of this. I'm so pissed.

He turned and faced away from both of us. I sent Matt a wicked smile.

Matt: you are a two faced.

Danny: just shut the fuck up and leave her be Matt.

Matt glanced at Danny then glared at me. I sat back in my seat an amused smirk on my face.

Principal: Danny, Melly, I called both your guys parents. They are coming to pick you up. You are both suspended. Danny you're suspended for three days. Melly for one.

I kept my gaze on Matt.

Principal: as for you Matthew, I'm having a your parents come in. They'll be here in a bit.

I stood up and grabbed my shit. Danny walked out without a word. Before leaving the office, I stopped next to Matt. I bent down and looked at him.

Melly: see you Thursday.

He looked at me. I smiled and walked out. Brian was waiting for me out front. He smirked.

Brian: took long enough. Here give this to him.

He handed me and envelope. It said Danny in hurried writing. I walked over to the car Danny was getting into.

Melly: Danny wait.

He looked at me. I gave him a hug and slipped the envelope in his pocket.

Melly: don't be mad at me. The envelope is from Brian.

I whispered. I kissed his cheek and got in Brian's car.

Melly: now I don't have to wear this fuckin' dumbass uniform.

Brian: I don't know Johnny and Zacky like the way you look in it.

I laughed.

Melly: so Brian, are we finally, going to be complete?

He nodded, his eyes concentrated on the road.

Melly: so what's the next step then?

He smiled.

Brian: light me a cig.

I did as told. He took a long drag. Smoking almost half of it. He blew the smoke out slowly. I waited for an answer.

Brian: force him to ditch his band.

Melly: his band? I didn't know he had a band.

Brian: ofcourse. We went to see them about two months ago.

Melly: I don't remember.

Brian: you were wasted before they even started.

Melly: oh.

Brian: how do you think I even found him? We need him to see his band is holding him back. That he belongs in ours. That we will go farther.

He took another drag.

Brian: he needs to see, that he will finally be the true singer he is.

Melly: and you really think he's the one?

Brian: you know better than I do he is. I trust your judgement. If he wasn't right for us, you would have told me.

Melly: that is true.

Brian: if he has a girlfriend she has to go aswell.

Melly: I know. But he doesn't seem to have one.

Brian: good. What about friends.

Melly: he has a lot. Danny is his bestfriend.

Brian: well I'm not to concerned about Danny. I took care of him already.

Melly: what about the guys. How do they feel about Matt?

He shrugged lazily.

Brian: Zacky feels threatened.

I rolled my eyes.

Melly: when doesn't he?

Brian: I am a little worried about that though. I don't want him starting shit. You are the one who will be taking care of Matt. And you know how Zacky gets.

Melly: yeah retarded.

Brian: he seems to forget who takes care of him.

We arrived home. I got out and ran inside. Everyone was there. I changed and came back out. Jenn came up to me.

Jenn: time for a hair cut and color.

Melly: fun. What do you want?

Jenn: I want badass.

Melly: I can arrange that.

Jenn: I already set everything up.

We walked to the back. I looked over the stuff to see if I had everything I needed. Jenn sat in a chair. I picked up the scissors and started.

Jenn: so how many days has it been?

Melly: three. He needs to learn.

Jenn: you always say that.

Melly: dude I know. Seriously though, I only ask one thing and that's to not bring the bitches home.

Jenn: seriously you shouldn't even let him do what he does. You have an unhealthy relationship. Its not normal.

I smiled.

Melly: me and Zacky are anything but that.

She shook her head.

Melly: dude don't do that cutting hair.

Jenn: sorry. But for real, you and Zacky should just stick to each other. It would make life easy.

Melly: I already told Johnny I would marry him.

She scoffed.

Jenn: shut up. Marriage is the last thing on your mind.