A Student/Teacher Relationship

I Hear Wedding Bells!

Jen's POV:

"Ben, please talk to me or at least look at me." I pleaded, sitting on his bed while he paced the room with a fixed scowl. "Ben?"

"How could you do this to me?" He shot.

"It's not like I planned on this happening. It just did. It's not my or your fault." My eyes traced the decoration of the opposite wall. Where are all the pictures of us? I've given him like 20. They're all on my wall.- This shouldn't bother me. There are bigger fish to fry.- Mmm fish.

"Are you sure?" He rubbed his hands together.

I nodded. "100% After I got done with the doctor, I came straight here." On the way here, I thought he would be happy about this. I am. This is what I planned on. This is the only way I can be with him forever.

"So did you decide what you're going to do?" He picked up his baseball and began tossing it from hand to hand, maintaining the walk. Each time he came back towards the door, the winding tension in the room twisted tighter and tighter.

"I'm keeping it ofcourse." I answered. He stopped abruptly with his back to me. His left arm dangled and his stiff right gave strength to his fingers to dig into the white skin of the ball.

"How could you do this to me?" He pivoted around. "I'm too young to be dealing with this." I bit my tongure at his remark. It's not like I did it all by myself. He was there too. Doesn't matter; I 've got him right where I want him. He's stuck with me.

***
My POV:

The name swirled aimlessly in my mind visiting each nerve, lobe, and crevice whispering Green Day. That was the name that honestly meant nothing to me when I awoke months ago. Struggling to remember Billie Joe and I's last encounter, he had said something about Green Day. He found out for me? Was that his way of snapping me out of my then decreasing consciousness? That stupid, idiotic...sweet man. If it hadn't been for my weakness, none of this would have happened right? Sure it's a bit late in this mess for prevention, but what's it gonna hurt? An oath seems sufficient. Ready, ok.

I, Rebecca, here by solemnly swear to never purposefully injure myself in a way that could be fatal to my health and general well being unless I'm partcipating in masochistic activities then that's acceptable. Yep, that works.

Holy fuck this is the most excited I've ever been in... uh- a very long time. I sorted out a mental issue all on my own for free and found out the name of my mystery band (consequently, my one and only love). I need a computer, a picture, a witness to their greatness, anything! I must know more! Jimmy can't remember any more info except the band kind of dropped out of the scene. -Yes, a nightmare for my blooming obsession.

Adding to the sweetness, we just entered California. It's only a matter of time til we get to-

"Where are we going?" I asked Jimmy being half awake and squinting ahead at the setting sun.

"We?" He yawned.

"... Well I was kinda hoping you might let me stay with you- only for a little while til I figure out what I'm gonna do... Please?"

Jimmy shrugged. "Sure, I guess that would be ok. I'm crashing with some friends though, but what's one more? They should be cool with it. I'll just tell them you're my girlfriend." He said with a wink.

Sidestepping another one of Jimmy's mind games, I moved on. "So, where do your friends live?"

"Oakland." He said without hesitation.

"Never heard of it."

"You never heard of the best place on earth?"

I observed his surprise. "Is it that wonderful?"

"Well... No, but it's home."

"If it's home, then how did you end up in a midwestern psychiatric hospital?"

His face tightened and he pursed his lips. "Maybe that's for another time. Details aren't very important to us, right?" In response, I only nodded. It's only fair for him not to tell me close to nothing when I snap at him and have no excuse for my actions.

***
Ben's POV:

Days after Jen told me she fucked up my life, I rushed to come up with as many solutions possible that didn't involve me being daddy dearest. -None seemed possible. So far not answering my phone, ducking into crowds, and avoiding her completely has been working well... for now at least. This is the most logical thing to do while that thing is growing inside her. It's not my or your fault.. It's her fault, all of it. Even though I was there to contribute, shouldn't she take care of that?... Stupid bitch... Stupid me.

Oh god I'm not ready for this! A kid?! Jenny did this to me on purpose. She must have. The "Drop It Like It's Hot" ringtone on my cell shook me out of my train of thought as I sat in my car which was parked in my driveway. Reaching for the phone, I expected "Jen" to be on the bright blue screen but then I was surprised to see "Nick" in its stead.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"What are you doing sitting in your car?"

"Are you stalking me?" No one seemed to be around the car. Is the weirdo watching me from his house? Fag...

"Of course." The passenger door opened and my neighbor slipped inside.

We both flipped our phones closed in unison. "What's going on?"

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me." Nick propped his stubby legs on the dash.

"Nothin'." I shrugged. "Just stuff."

"Stuff like this." He tossed a fancy-looking card onto my lap. "Ben, what the hell is going on?" On the front in gold calligraphy it read, "You are cordially invited to..." I opened it. "The marriage of Benjamin A. Curtis and Jennifer F. Bertchel." My jaw dropped and today's school lunch was tempting my gag reflex.

*

"What the fuck is this?" I blurted as soon as Jen's front door swung open, luckily it was her.

Her eyes lit up and she snatched the invitation out of my hand. "Ooo goody, they came!" She scrambled to open it as I stood utterly dumbfounded. "Aren't they just the cutest things?"

"No, why does this even exist?"

"This and many others are for our wedding, silly." Jen playfully smacked my chest. "Diane wanted to do the peach ones, but I think going with traditional white is best."

Suddenly it felt like sharp claws reached deep into my gut and pinched. "My mom knows about this?"

"Ofcourse she does. She's helping me plan it; Bless her heart."

"When was I going to find out about this?" I asked. "Shouldn't I ask you like Jen will you marry me?-"

"YES!" She squealed while jumping up and hugging my neck.

With a quickened pulse and sweaty palms, I peeled her pudgy arms off me. "Dammit that's not what I meant!"

"Too late, I already said yes."

"Jen, I do not want to marry you." I annunciated as best as I could. "I would rather die first." Maybe that would break her jaded contact lenses.

Nope. Her smile beamed and she continued to lightly bounce on the balls of her feet. "You are such a kidder! But anyways Benny Jr. will have a daddy." Jen caressed her stomache which already looks several months pregnant to begin with. If my mom is on board with this there is no way to get out of this. My own shot gun wedding has me trapped inside a road of disillusion.

A few agonizing seconds passed and I squeaked out, "When?"

"After the first of the year." Jen smiled bigger because she knows she won. Then she kissed my cheek; stamping me with the kiss of death.