A Student/Teacher Relationship

A Coward Unmasked.

This is terrible. Can we leave now?

Majority of the population after the show shuffled out the door as our group snatched a table. All the while during this time I couldn't help but watch Billie pack up with his two band mates and then get ambushed by a wave of devoted fans (all of which were female). I can't say they were teeny-esque by not acting in that nature, but it was easy to see they wanted to moan and groan by Billie's hand...Gross. Cracking a grin was unavoidable when their boyfriends pulled them one by one out the door.

Was he interested? No, he couldn't be. He has a wife. Where is she? Why is he here? I thought he was in jail. What is going on?

Jimmy left me behind in his friends' company to talk to "the band" at a table on the other side of the room. He wanted me to come too, but I declined by saying I wasn't feeling well and to go ahead. An uproar of laughter shook the room. Immediately after Jimmy came still carrying the joke on his face.

"That drummer guy is such a fucking psycho! I love it!- Anyways, I invited the guys to come party with us so are you all ready to head out?" Do I say yes, do I say no, does it matter if I even answer at all? Out of the corner of my eye I saw the musical trio walking towards our table. In a fit of panic, I threw my hood on my jacket over my head, and forced myself to cough uncontrollably to hide my face. Smooth, right?

"Is she alright?" Billie Joe asked from behind me. Can he recognize my hunched figure draped in a baggy hoody? Nah...

"No, she's fine. You're fine, right?" Jimmy placed his hand on my shoulder. I nodded. "Ok then, let's go." I didn't stand til I saw Billie and the two other guys walk out the door. "Coming?" Jimmy pulled my hood off.

"Yeah." I yanked it back up.

Jimmy and I were the last ones out. The trip will only last a block or two and then we will arrive at the small apartment. How can I get out of this? Nothing good can come from this.

"Go away Jimmy." Andrea squeezed in between our unknowingly awkward hand holding.

"Why?" Jimmy asked.

"Girl talk. No boys allowed." She pushed him towards the pack of testosterone walking in front. I didn't think he'd leave that easily. "So, what is up with you?" I merely shrugged. If I only I knew.

Jimmy's POV:

"Hey man." I eased beside this Billie Joe guy. I'd talk to-what's their names again? Mike and Tre? But they seem to be getting along better with Terry and Scott. Also, leaders stick together.

"Hey." He watched the dirty sidewalk with his hands in his pockets.

"Good show you guys played tonight."

Billie looked over at me and grinned. "Yeah, it was. I haven't been on that stage in almost 13 years."

"Why not?" I took a box of camels out of my pocket and offered a smoke to him. He refused. "Suit yourself."

"Well, it's kind of a long story. How 'bout I say creative differences and leave it at that? I just came back here a couple weeks ago. Practice was a breeze. We didn't forget."

"Really?" I inhaled a healthy dose of filtered tobacco. "That's around the same time I got back here--Came with, I guess you can say, a girlfriend."

He glanced over his shoulder. "The girl with the hood?" I impulsively gave a thumbs up. "She looks oddly familiar. Hard to tell with the hood though."

"I don't know what's going on with her. She was so excited to come watch you guys and then all of the sudden she started acting weird."

"Women," he said. "They're crazy."

"Exactly," I chuckled. "We met at a mental home." Suddle surprise flashed onto his face and disappeared.

"No kiddin'? Sounds kinky."

"Ha, ha could be. We haven't really gotten to that yet. She seems like the type where you have to take things slow, but the wait shouldn't be that bad." I can't believe how easy it is to talk to this guy.

"Why? Is she the tonguing type?" A sly grin slithered across his face.

"...Don't ever repeat this, ok? I have an image to uphold." I looked around to see no one listening in. "She's different than a lot of girls I've dated; more like confusing. But she makes me- comfortable? Yeah, comfortable like I can be me without the whole 'St. Jimmy' thing, but I still want to impress her--Holy shit I sound like a god damn pussy."

"Nah, I know what you mean. I had that once and whatever happens, don't let her go...No matter what." His pace slowed than quickened. "Ya know I think I'll take that cigarette now."

My POV:

"Welcome to our humble abode." Terry unlocked the white paint chipped door and allowed it to swing open. The apartment is some what cozy in an eerie at the end of your noose kind of way.

The bassist with blonde hair walked to the middle of the barren room and surveyed it with his blue eyes. "All you guys live here? Things don't change, aye Bill?"

"Guess not."

The third guy, the drummer fell down across the mattress. "It's great. There's six of you, one bed. Leaves room for opportunities." He winked.

"There's another room with two mattresses behind that door." Scott motioned at the closed, wooden door on the far left. "I used to have my own bed, but since the other set of lovers came to town, I'm spooning his ass." He playfully snarled at Terry.

"Come to think of it." Billie Joe looked from person to person. I know this because I'm peaking through my hair and under my hood. "I don't know any of your names, except Jimmy."

"Where are our manners? I'm Terry." I heard Mike and Tre, but what's a good name for me? Bianca, Betty, Brittany- "And this is St. Jimmy's girl, Becky." Frick. A tattooed hand I at this moment regrettably recognize was held out for me to shake.

"I'm Billie Joe." I kept my hands deep in my pockets and eyes down at his shoes. "I don't bite."

"Oh yes he does and I have the marks on my ass to prove it." Tre interjected. Just give it up. Making sure my sleeve was well over my hand, I slowly shook his hand. Feels like forever since I've held this hand. Bec, you sentimental dip.

"Becky, take off that dumb hood. You have such a pretty face; might as well show it off." Andrea pulled back the only thing I've been depending on to not be me.

It took Billie Joe not even a second to realize who I am. "Becky?!" He blurted. I've never seen his eyes so big. What do I do? Shitting fuck what do I do?! I pulled my hand away and did the only thing I am- was good at. Scramble to get the door open as others urged me to stop and run down the dirty hallway away from the questions.