Why So Serious?

Enter: Daddy's Dead

A lot of fighting. There was a lot of fighting that night. Nothing he wanted to hear. He stayed in his room. He covered his head with a pillow. He hummed to himself. He stuffed his fingers in his ears. It didn't help though.

He can still hear the yells. He can still hear the screams. He can still hear the yells. The shouts. The cries. It was bad that night. Very, very, very, very, very bad. Dad broke his glass bottle when he fell over the couch. Very, very, very, very, very bad. Mommy was afraid. Dad tried to choke her. It was very, very, very, very, very bad. Mommy was only protecting herself. But she hit his jugular.

It was very, very, very, very, very bad. Mommy took the bottle. And when dad came to hurt her she hit him. And Dad is dead. Mommy is not going to jail.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. It was self protection. Dad was drunk. Dad was hitting mommy. Dad is dead. Dad was hitting mommy. It was self protection. She won't go to jail. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Dad is dead.

He stands there looking at the corpse. He looks at the corpse of his father. It rests in the coffin. His face is frowning. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. He pushes the lips into a smile but they're dead. Lifeless. They fall back into a frown. He frowns himself and whispers "Why so serious?"