How Dark Is the Night?

It Smells Like Electricity In Here

I grabbed the bag off the floor and placed it on the bed. I opened it up to find my favorite black pair of cargo pants I loved to wear when I went out slaying sometimes and a black tank top. I had my hairbrush and a flip to pull my hair back into a ponytail. He remembered to pack everything even the makeup. Well now, I cannot disappoint Pete, now can I?

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Everything I needed to shower with was already in the bathroom. After I showered, I put on what I was supposed to wear and fixed my hair, pulling it back. Then I applied the makeup. Black eyeliner and eyeshadow fit well with the type of mood I was in.

I headed out of the bathroom dressed, refreshed, and ready to fight. I glanced over at the clock to see that it was now almost eleven. I imagined that at midnight, Volkmar would want to see me dead, well become undead.

I placed my dirty clothes into my bag. When I did, a small box fell out onto the floor. I picked it up and opened it. What was in it was a necklace Pete gave me before we got married as a wedding gift to me from him. It was his signature batmobile necklace from his clothing line. I always wanted one but never got around to purchasing one and he knew how much I loved it and that it reminded me of when we first met.

I stared at it for a second in my hands and then put it on. There was obviously a reason he put it in the bag. Either it was to symbolize that I was his and he was going to turn me or that it is apart of him trying to tell me that he still loves me. I wanted to believe the latter but it was hard finding a reason.

I put on my black combat boots that were good at kicking ass and felt complete. I sat on the bed, waiting patiently for Pete to return. The only thing missing out of the bag was some stakes.

A knock on the door occurred and I hopped up ready to fight. I felt so ready to fight with all this energy and strength that was flowing through my veins. However, it was Pete and three vampires with him that entered the room.

“You have some friends who would love to enjoy your company before the main event tonight.” Pete said glancing at my neck. I think he noticed the necklace.

“Lead the way.” I said grabbing the necklace and playing with it.

Two vampires grabbed my arms and led me out of the room with Pete leading us down the hallway I tried to escape. I looked at the vampires on both sides of me and the one behind Pete. I could take them.

I broke away from their grasps and turned back kicking the vampire that was on my right, sending him flying down the hall. I watched as he turned to dust. I had kicked him so hard that when he landed he snapped his neck.

“Cool.” I said outloud.

I started to fight the other vampire but then the one vampire that followed behind Pete before I started attacking turned and tackled me into the wall. I smashed into a side table, breaking it as I went down. I picked up a piece of the wood and flung it into the vampire’s chest.

As I did this, I felt alive. This is what I was born to do. However, Pete was beginning to become weaker. I did not know why but I did not have time to think about it as the other vampire that was to my left when we left my room came charging at me.
I picked up another piece of wood but was unable to fling it at the vampire for Pete had yelled, “Stop!”

Just like that, his power over me returned and I was forced, to drop my weapon. He lured me to him. Concentrate. Do not let Pete control you. You have fought this off in the past.

“That was a dumb thing to do.” Pete said almost losing his balance.

“Yeah, well, I had to try.” I said rolling my eyes.

My body was doing what Pete commanded and that was to follow him. All I could do was to tell him how much I could not stand him. I wanted to dig that knife deeper into his back and see if he would crack but I alas he did not.

I followed him and the other vampire downstairs and was led to a foyer. There was a huge double door on one side of the room. Four more vampires came from behind us out of nowhere as I looked around nervously.

Then, he opened the huge double door and walked me into a huge living room where Chrissy, Andy, Sam, and Patrick were kept. The vampires surrounded us as a barrier to prevent my friends from hurting Pete. I heard all their voices asking me questions and yelling at Pete but all I could do was to stare at Pete. I became focused in on him.

He held my hand and all their voices became a blur of sound. Pete looked at me and it was like a bolt of electricity was flooding through me. There was a spark of passion in Pete’s eyes with a hint of concern and then he was gone.

I ran to the closed door, ignoring my friends as if they were not there and placed my hand on the door. I knew Pete was on the other side with his hand where mine was. I could feel him. I could feel him slipping slowly.

I backed up after some shaking from Chrissy and collapsed. I think Patrick caught me because the last thing I remembered was hearing him say, “Amanda, are you alright?” Then I was out.