How Dark Is the Night?

I Am Small And The World Is Big

(Brendon’s POV)
“So let me get this straight, Pete is working for Volkmar and kidnapped Amanda, Patrick, Sam, Chrissy, and Andy? How could he do that? Why did we not know he was playing us? And, Pete bit Amanda and wants to turn her? It just doesn’t make sense.” Joe said sitting on the couch with his head in his hands after we explained everything.

“I know.” Erelin replied sighing. “I do know that I want to kick Pete’s ass for doing this. Imagine what Amanda is going through with all this stress and the baby. I just hope that this does not cloud her judgement. I know that Pete is Alexandra’s father but he is not the same Pete that we all know and love.” Erelin said.

“I am coming too.” Bev said coming out of her bedroom.

“Babe, no. It is too dangerous for you, especially with you being pregnant. I cannot lose you or the baby. You are not the slayer, Amanda is, and now she may be slipping as it is.” Joe said getting up and walking over to Bev to hold her.

“I am very worried about our friends. I want to help.” She said.

“I know, but this is best, especially if Volkmar is after all of us for his party, it is safer for you to be here with all the windows and doors locked. A vampire can only come in if he is invited and well, Pete is. Do not open the doors for anything once we are gone, alright?” Joe said after he kissed Bev.

“I understand. It is a good thing that we never gave Pete a key to our place.” Bev said.

“When do we leave?” Joe asked.

“Shit, it is way after ten, almost ten thirty. We still need to head to Patrick’s for weapons.” I said.

“Please be careful. You don’t have superhuman strength like they do.” Bev said kissing Joe passionately, afraid that she may never see him again as much as she does not want to believe it.

“I know. I love you.” Joe said.

“I love you too.” Bev said.

“Bev, we will bring Joe back safe and sound and everyone else. We will save Amanda. Don’t worry too much, alright?” I asked giving her a hug.

“Just protect my husband.” She whispered.

“I will guard him with my life.” Erelin said.

“I will call you when this is all over with.” Joe said as we all headed out the front door of their place.

“Next stop, weapon shop.” Erelin said as we headed to her car.

That meant only one thing; we were heading over to Patrick’s to pick up Amanda’s favorite weapon, the crossbow and some other weapons for ourselves. We did not have much time. Erelin believed that Volkmar wanted to have Amanda turn sometime after midnight. We only had an hour to get what we need and charge the mansion.