How Dark Is the Night?

I Object

“Guys, go! I can take care of them.” I said wanting them to escape.

“No. You are outnumbered. We will not abandon you because you will not abandon us.” Patrick replied in a fighting stance.

“If this is how it is going to be played, then bring it.” I said to all the vampires.

Pete held his hand up to a couple that wanted a piece of me. I was more than ready to shove my stake into them. I looked at Pete who started to approach me. All I could do was just stand there only this time; it was not Pete controlling me. It was my own confused, hurt heart.

“I know you won’t hurt me. Let them go Pete while there is still time for them to escape. I know what you have done to me, why you will not fight me. I don’t understand your motives or your reasons for what you are doing however.” I replied as I eyed Pete who was now standing in front of me.

“You gave me your strength. I want to know why. If you wanted me to defeat Volkmar, there was another time and way to go about it. Why would you betray me and risk hurting your friends?” I said hurt but more angry then anything.

“You took away my memories of this. You did this for me to fight Dracula and I almost lost you because of how weak you were. Pete, what are your motives?” I demanded as he grabbed me.

“Just do as I say.” Pete said as he took hold of me tightly. We both felt Volkmar was close and so was Kat.

“Wow, what do we have here?” Volkmar said appearing from a room on the second floor balcony of the ballroom.

I watched as twenty-five more vampires, male and female swarmed into the room as I had guessed earlier. Pete still had a hold of me tightly. Kat walked out wearing a white spaghetti strapped gown and stood beside Volkmar smirking at me.

The vampires my friends were fighting managed to get the upperhand and caught them. I heard Chrissy yell, “Let go of me you dirty vampire you!” She along with the rest was struggling to break free from their captors.

“I was not able to find the rest, Volkmar but I do have Amanda and my friends there.” Pete said pointing to Andy, Sam, Chrissy, and Patrick.

“Yeah, some friend you are old buddy.” Andy shot back.

Patrick just gave me a look and I nodded that I think I had a plan. Well, I had a somewhat plan to get my friends out of here through the glass exit doors and me stay and fight Volkmar. I was ready and felt stronger than ever.

“No matter, because they will join me soon enough.” Volkmar said pleased.

“You won’t get away with this, you know. There will be other slayers who will come besides me eventually and people who will wake up and realize what is going on around them.” I replied.

“You are so foolish. When your loyal husband turns you, I won’t have to deal with your mouth anymore.” Volkmar said laughing.

“Amanda. I am going to act as if I am going to bite you but I want you to break away when I get close to your neck. There is a dagger in my back pocket. Grab it and I will cover you as you break Patrick loose first. I am weak like you said but I think I can manage it.” Pete replied in my thoughts. “Just be ready when he says for me to turn you and act scared like I am controlling you.” He added. I gave a nod that I understood.

“Well, I am getting bored with all this yacking. It is time to see another slayer fall and become one of us.” Volkmar said,

“That is not going to happen.” I replied acting like I was trying to break free from Pete’s grasp.

“Amanda, you will be my vampire bride.” Pete said turning me to face him.

“I can’t move!” I yelled trying to sound realistic for Volkmar.

“Pete, no! Do not do it! Don’t you love her?” Sam said about to cry.

Pete pulled me forcefully close to him and kissed my lips, which I was not expecting. A kiss for good luck maybe. I reached my hands to his back ready to slide them down to his back pocket. Then, Pete leaned into my neck.

“There will be no objections to this union tonight.” Volkmar said.

“Wanna bet?” Erelin said freezing everyone in their tracks as she staked three vampires with Micah, Joe, and Brendon following behind her from where we first entered the ballroom.

“I object to this union.” Brendon said charging towards Pete and me.

“Get them!” Volkmar said to his goons.