How Dark Is the Night?

Sit Back, Relax, Relapse Again

I explained everything to Pete the best that I could. I wasn’t sure how he was handling all the information about Beckett helping me, and me almost dying because I didn’t think I was the slayer. But right after all the information, he gave me this look I had never seen before.

“What?” I asked.

“I felt you. I felt you when you touched me.” Pete said touching my cheek.

I smiled and said, “You never gave up on me.” “Pete, I had to come back. I had too many things to fight for. I wasn’t ready to just give up and die. But you were so worried about me.
I saw it in your eyes. And I saw how much you wanted me to live. I heard it as I was trying to wake up. You told me you loved me.” I said.

“Yeah, your hand moved.” He said smiling.

“We always find our way back to each other, see.” I said.

“So, about the baby, I need to ask you something.” Pete said sitting in his chair.

“First, I should tell you something.” I replied.

“Oh?” He asked.

“You remember at the party as we walked down the carpet and you talked to some fans?” I asked wincing in pain as I tried to move in the bed.

“Yeah.” He said.

“Well, remember when I turned you around to talk to a little girl about the age of ten?” I asked.

“Yes but there wasn’t anyone there.” Pete replied.

“Well, it was a warning of sorts. One that I think I figured out. The girl told me, “Thank you for saving my mom’s life.”

“It was me seeing our daughter Pete. We are having a daughter. Beckett knew and told me I would know what our baby is and I just figured it out. The girl I saw was a daydream of sorts. I was going to live. I saved my life and hers. And she is going to turn out beautiful.” I said smiling.

“We are going to have a daughter? But we can’t run a test on that to prove that for another month or two I thought.” He said confused.

“Pete, trust me. I just know. The one inside me is a girl.” I said placing Pete’s hand on my stomach carefully not to hurt my left side.

“I’m having a girl! Wait until I tell the others. Hello, Alexandra.” Pete said carefully kissing my stomach. “Wait she isn’t dating any boys until she’s at least thirty.” He said.

“Oh, Pete.” I said rolling my eyes and laughing.

He leaned up and over to kiss me. The feeling felt so good to be alive and kissing my husband. I patted the bed for him to join me as I slowly moved over wincing in pain.

Everytime I did Pete about died because he could feel it too. But that made him want to hold me more which wasn’t a bad thing since I was gettting used to the vampire feeling now.

“How can I hold you? I’m afraid I will break you or hurt your side or something.” Pete said laying beside me in the bed now.

“Look, I am already cramped in this bed. I am not fragile Pete. Just hold me. I want to feel you close to me. I am the slayer. I wouldn’t piss me off.” I said jokingly.

“Yes, m’am.” He said wrapping his arms around me carefully and holding me with my head under his chin.

He scooted down a little and I turned to face him. He pulled me closer to him and into a deep kiss. Every bruise on my face hurt from the pressure of us touching but I didn’t care. I somehow tuned it all out.

He was about to whisper something in my ear but was interupted. I felt vampire presences and it wasn’t pretty. I was used to Pete now but more then one vampire, good or not was throwing me off. As I turned towards the door, all my friends were standing there.

“Hey! We want some time to see Amanda.” Erelin said making me turn.

“They don’t know yet. Only Patrick and Sam I think.” Pete whispered.

“Hey, guys.” I said. “Um, can you Erelin and Micah leave the room for a minute?” I asked seeing Brendon give me a confused look.

“No. I want to make sure you are alright. You gave us a scare. What the hell were you thinking going up against Volkamr alone?” She said.

“Seriously Erelin, I need you to leave for your own good right now.” I said trying to warn her.

“But I don’t understand.” She said hurt.

“Come on Erelin, I think do.” Micah said winking at me.

“But…” She said.

“Erelin I am being overwhelmed right now. I’m the slayer again!” I said not meaning to yell.