How Dark Is the Night?

All For One And One For All

I stepped back from the woods. I had a really bad feeling about them. I turned back towards my car and headed to the cliff. It is starting to get dark. It is hard to believe I have been up here almost all day. I’m sure Pete and Erelin have left messages on my cell phone.

I can’t believe Kat had the nerve to disrespect me like that. But the only thing I can do is tell her I’m not going to train her if she continues to act that way. She has a lot of growing up to do. I never acted that way when I was nineteen but then again I had to grow up fast. I should be forgiving to her. I know Nick would want me to train and protect her. I don’t think Nick told her to say those things but I don’t know.

Speaking of Nick, if he can come into her dreams, then he should have come into mine to warn me. I have to admit I am a little jealous of Kat. She has my slayer abilities. But there is nothing I can do about that and I am not going to let that stop me from hunting vampires.

I got back in my car and drove off towards home. I dialed my voicemail on my cell to find I had twenty two messages all from Pete and Erelin. I just needed to be alone for a bit.

I came home and pulled into the driveway. As I walked in the door it was almost dark. I heard Brendon and Pete tell me they were going to have a search party for me. Erelin wanted to smack me for being out so late and not returning her calls. But at least I am home now.

“I can’t believe you. How much alone time did you need? And where have you been not answering my calls?” Erelin asked pissed.

“Wow, chill mother.” I said smiling.

“Uh oh I think someone is smiling and happy. Did I miss something because earlier you were like a mad woman.” Brendon said.

“Amanda, we were really worried. It’s getting dark. I can’t afford to lose you.” Pete said grabbing me and holding me close. I just leaned into him. I love his hugs and embraces.

“I went to Lookout Pointe. I ran for awhile and thought for awhile. No worries though.” I said deciding to keep the woods issue a secret for now.

“Kat thoroughly apologized after you left. I think it was because of Erelin laying into her. Also, Pete forgave her too.” Brendon said.

“Darn right I laid into her. No one messes with my best friend. If she wasn’t the slayer and a regular gal I would have tore her to shreds but seeing she is the slayer I had to back off a bit.” Erelin said as I walked into the living room. “Glad you are back safe and sound.” She said hugging me.

“Ok, so where is Kat?” I asked.

“She’s in her room.” Pete said sitting on the couch.

“Good. I am going to talk to her and then I am going to explain my plan to you about what we are going to do to help Chrissy and Sam.” I said starting to walk upstairs.

“Wait, are you sure that is a good idea? I mean do you need one of us to go with you in case you lose your cool because of something she says again?” Brendon asked.

“No. Actually, I forgive her. It’s one of the things I thought about. Look, she doesn’t want to be the slayer either I am sure. She just got caught up with me and Nick from the past is all. It isn’t going to be easy training her and I can’t do it by myself. I am asking if you guys will help. Will you all?” I asked Pete, Erelin, and Brendon.

“On behalf of everyone I think we would love to but I will kick her ass if she hurts you or comes after Brendon again.” Erelin said.

“Erelin, will you stop?” Brendon said with me rolling my eyes.

“Are you sure that you think you can try to be a watcher? Trust me it wasn’t always easy with you.” Pete said cracking a smile.

“Yeah, Pete and I know about that.” Brendon said laughing.

“Hey!” I said ganging up on Brendon with Erelin and me trying to tickle him.

“Look, guys, I am glad that you all are concerned.” I said stepping away from Brendon who had the upper hand on Erelin and now was tickling her until she couldn’t breathe.

“Ha! I still got it!” He said when Erelin broke lose gasping for air.

“That’s all right what goes around comes around.” Erelin said smiling. I rolled my eyes and laughed at them.

“As I was saying Nick protected me from harm all these years. I owe it to him to protect his cousin. We can just add another member to our big family.” I said heading upstairs.

I walked up to Kat’s room and knocked on the door. “What?” Kat said through the door.

“May I come in?” I asked.

“I guess.” She replied. I opened her door and went in the room.

“Look, Kat, I want to apologize for slapping you earlier.” I said.

“No, Amanda I should be apologizing to you. I was way out of line. I miss Nick and I only get to see him briefly in my dreams. I should have never said those mean and hurtful things. After all you and Pete have taken me in and gave me a place to stay. I know this is all hard for you. It’s hard on me. I should have never said that you don’t love because you do. I see you love Pete with all your heart and he is a great guy. He loves you and would do anything for you. Without love you wouldn’t have defeated Dracula and I am sorry for what I said about your parents as well.” Kat said starting to cry.

“It’s alright. I forgive you. Do you want to be the slayer?” I asked.

“Not really. It’s scary. I miss my friends back home and my life.” She said.

“I used to be like you. When I found out I was the slayer I hated it too. I wanted a normal life but now that I have that I wish I had my slayer abilities back. I think I have moved on from that now though. At first I was a little jealous of you but I’m over it. I am ready to train you but you have to trust me and all of my friends because we are all your teachers. You can tell Nick that we all will protect you and help you.” I said sitting on the bed.

“I want trust you guys.” She said.

“Good. Now come downstairs. I have a plan I want to share on how to help Chrissy and Sam.

“Amanda thanks for being patient with me.” Kat said.

“Just don’t disappoint me.” I said getting up to walk downstairs.

“All right listen up peoples.” I said as I came back downstairs. “Guys we are going out tonight to find who bit Chrissy and Sam.” I said sitting in a chair. “Kat, I want to see what you know so far in battle so I will be watching you and barking out orders. Can you handle that?” I asked.

“Yes, I can.” She said proudly.

“Good. Erelin call Patrick and Brendon, you call Andy. Have them bring the girls and everyone else over. We are using them as bait to lure out the ones who bit them.” I said.

“Amanda is that a smart move?” Pete said.

“It worked for me didn’t it?” I asked.

“Yes but that was a little different.” He said.

“Trust me. We will fight off their attackers and hopefully find out who this new vampire boss is. Are you with me?” I asked holding out my hand.

“Yes!” Kat, Erelin, Brendon, and Pete said placing their hands on top of mine.

“All for one and one for all!” Pete said quoting the musketeers.