How Dark Is the Night?

You Want To Do What!?

(Pete’s POV)
I awoke with a bad headache and a bad feeling about the situation I was in. I looked around at my surroundings to find I was in a bedroom with no windows. I saw Erelin was unconscious on the bed in the room. I ran over to the door only to find it locked.

“Erelin, wake up!” I said shaking her as I ran and sat on the bed beside her. “Wake up, Erelin. We are in trouble. Very big trouble.” I said checking for my sidekick. “Shit they must have taken it!” I said pissed.

“Brendon?” Erelin said coming to.

“No, it’s Pete, Erelin. We have been kidnapped by vampires and you were bitten by one.” I said to her calmly.

“What?” She said sitting up. “Oh, I need the number of that bus that hit me.” She said grabbing her neck.

“Amanda and Brendon are probably very upset right now.” I said pacing.

“Please stop pacing. You are making me very nervous. I feel like I am going to throw up right now.” Erelin said getting off the bed. “This is a dream, right? This isn’t happening right?” She asked.

“I’m afraid it’s not.” I said to Erelin giving her a hug.

“So where are we?” She asked looking around at our room.

“I don’t know exactly. I woke up just a few minutes ago.” I said checking the door to find it was locked.

“It’s locked. Great.” She said sitting on the bed.

“Listen, Erelin I promise you I am going to fight to get you out of here.” I said facing Erelin.

“Pete, I already know that.” She said placing her right hand on my shoulder.

“Promise me something.” I said looking at Erelin.

“Ok. What is it you want me to promise?” She asked me confused.

“I want you to try to escape. I am going to try to hold them off as long as I can. I think I know what our situation looks like out there and it isn’t pretty. They took my cell so I can’t call anyone to let them know where we are even if I knew.” I said trying to explain to her what I wanted her to promise.

“Pete, you are not making sense. You are starting to scare me. What are you asking me to promise?” She said worried about me.

“I want you to promise me when you escape to tell Amanda I love her. I did this for her. I want her to be safe.” Pete said.

“No, Pete. You are coming with me. We are going to get out of here together.” She said with tears in her eyes.

“You know I have to do this. It is the only way for everyone to be safe. I have to become one of them again.” I said taking off my wedding ring and placing it in her hand.

“No, you don’t. What if they kill you and not turn you, Pete. What if they do turn you and you become bad. Put this on. Hold onto it. Don’t let her go.” Erelin said placing my ring back on my finger.

“I have no other choice. I have to stay behind so that you have a shot at escaping. If I die then I did it to save you. If I become bad then Amanda knows what to do.” I said looking away.

“Pete you can’t put that kind of pressure on Amanda. You know how she is going to take that? She’d probably let you turn her.” Erelin said upset.

“Then you, Brendon and Kat know to stop me as well as the rest of the gang.” I replied. “Erelin it is the only way. I want Amanda to be safe from this new threat. Any info I can get helps.” I said trying to calm her.

“I can’t promise anything but if I escape, I will tell her you love her. Pete, I think you are crazy but Brendon would do the same for me. So how is this going to be, say that you are good? Are you going to be like Brendon and act like you are bad?” She asked.

“That is the plan.” I said before we both jumped up at hearing voices at the door.

I pushed Erelin behind me and gave her a nod. Three vampires walked in and grabbed us. I knocked one of them down into the other two and took off out of the door grabbing Erelin’s hand and running for our lives. We made it down a flight of stairs to see three more vampires with the three hot on our heels behind us.

Amazingly we broke through them and ran into what looked like a familiar hallway. We had no time to stop and think of where to go next and just kept running making it into a huge room that as we both finally stopped running looked to see where we were standing.
Erelin and I noticed we were standing in the same ballroom we fought off Dracula’s men and Amanda had killed Dracula. Then we were surrounded by vampires. Well fuck.

“Erelin I am so sorry.” I whispered to her not letting go of her hand.

“We tried, Pete.” She said squeezing my hand.

“Well, what do we have here?” A vampire wearing a suit said standing on the fixed balcony railing above us.

“What do you want with us?” I asked showing no fear.

“I want you. Actually I want what you have. I want the slayer, ex vampire.” The head vampire said walking down the ballroom stairs and coming towards us.

“How do you know about us and what do you want with Amanda? She isn’t the slayer anymore.” I said.

“I read just like everyone else and word travels fast. You see Amanda may not be a slayer anymore but she still is a slayer. She killed Dracula and I can’t have her running around now training a new one to kill me. I want revenge. And you two are going to bring her to me.
You see things are different now. There is no way you would end up being good again. It is a fluke. So whatever you had planning is not going to work.” He said walking over to Erelin.

“I don’t think so!” I said going after the head vampire. “Run, Erelin!” I said as I was shoved to the ground. She took off but the vampire that bit her stopped her. Erelin did try to fight his control but lost. I was held down by two powerful vampires.

“I’m sorry, Pete.” She said with a tear falling down her face.

“You have been tainted.” The leader said leading Erelin away from the vampire that bit her. “But no matter it will all be over with soon.” He said.

“I will not drink from you. I’d rather die.” Erelin said trying to break free but failing.

“You see, Pete, you are going to be turned last to watch your friend die and be turned.” The leader said. “And oh my dear you will be turned.” He said laughing and biting Erelin.

“Pete!” She screamed before slowly fading out.

“No!” I screamed trying to break lose but failing. Then I saw him try to force her to drink his blood as she tried forcing her mouth shut. She lost her battle as she started to gasp for her last breathes and tasted the vampire’s blood.

“You are next.” He said tossing Erelin over to another vampire.