How Dark Is the Night?

Reunion

I went out and bought some stakes at a shop. People use them for fences and yard things so they were not hard to find. I grabbed a bite then headed out to the shady side of town.

I parked my car in an alley and put a few stakes in my over the shoulder bag. Then, I got out of the car and locked it, putting the key in my pants pocket. The night was eerily quiet.

The street I came onto as I was walking had some street lights out and boarded up housing and stores. I wandered where Pete would go down here in this area. I felt no vampires but the place I was in was creepy. I saw a few gang members who were up to no good and they saw me. It was a bad move for them to try to mess with me tonight.

“Hey, girlie.” One of them said.

“I think you should not be out here tonight fellas. You really do not want to mess with me.” I replied.

The other took out a switchblade, which did not scare me. I had seen vampires carry them and try to attack. I was not amused.

“What brings you here?” The one with the switchblade said as the other one tried to sneak behind me.

“I said you do not want to mess with me.” I said quickly turning around and kicking the dude behind me in the stomach. The other with the switchblade came running towards me. I grabbed his hand with the blade turning it around behind his back and shoving him hard into his friend.

“Now, are you two going to play nice and be good little boys or do I have to teach you some more manners on how to treat a girl?” I asked perturbed.

“Let’s get out of here! She’s some sort of freak!” The one with the switchblade said getting up with his friend and running away.

Who is a freak? I am not the one carrying a blade and up to no good. Wow! I cannot believe the nerve of them. I am out here busting my ass off trying to save the day from vampires and they want to cause trouble.

I walked down the street a little more then stopped. I felt Pete and I felt vampires. My heart started racing and I ran in the direction I could sense him.

I made it onto the street he was on and stopped by a streetlight. Pete did not need my help as I saw he had finished off the last vampire he was fighting. He was down the street a little way from me.

Just then, he looked up and our eyes locked onto each other. My heart started pounding even harder. He looked at me with a look of concern and then we both started to run towards each other. I had found my love.

We met in the middle of where we both had been standing and grabbed each other. We just stood there, happy to see each other, both not wanting to let go. There were so many emotions flowing through me.

“Amanda, but how?” Pete asked me.

I looked at him as I pulled away a bit and placed my finger to his lips. “Shh, it doesn’t matter how I got here.” I said.

Just then, we both looked up and from the streetlights, snow started to fall all around us in big flakes. We both started to smile. Then, Pete kissed me and took my hand as we walked down the street from where I had come from.