How Dark Is the Night?

Lessons From The Past Bring Me Closer To You

(Chapter 81)
Pete and I were reunited, but as always, something would pull us apart. Natasha had come to L.A. looking for revenge against me and joined forces with Beckett. There was an even bigger threat that was looming around after me as well. I even went hysterical for a bit after I lost my first love, Nick again at the hands of Beckett. Even through all of this, Pete and I had survived the odds against us. True love wins all.

(Flashback 13)
“Your place or mine?” I asked Pete.

“Mine. I think the boys are planning on going to Bev’s or Erelin’s to crash with their girlfriends.” Pete said laughing as we drove off.

“Pete we need to stop somewhere.” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because I am suddenly craving some chocolate ice cream.” I replied.

“Uh, I thought we were going back to my place.” He said confused.

“We are but I want ice cream.” I said.

“Fine. Store bought or parlor style?” He asked.

“Store bought.” I said smiling. He did not realize why I wanted the ice cream. I was thinking of some good things to do to him.

Pete stopped at a convenient store where I quickly picked up some chocolate ice cream and he sped all the way back to his place. I guess he was anxious to get me there.
Pete let me inside and then picked me up. He wanted to carry me up the steps. It was a nice thought but I needed to grab a spoon for the ice cream.

“Pete, put me down. I need to grab a spoon.” I said. “You hurry and run along and I will be right there.” I added.

“You have to be a mood killer, don’t you?” He asked running upstairs.

“No mood killer just someone full of ideas to add to the fun we are about to have.” I yelled up the steps.

I found a spoon somewhere in this unorganized kitchen. Men, what would they do without us to care for them?

I quickly ran upstairs to Pete’s room and closed the door. Now the fun was about to begin. He grabbed the ice cream and sat it down on the dresser.

“Careful it will melt soon.” I said not wanting it to.

“Shh.” He said kissing my neck, then moving towards my lips. He started to trace them with his tongue before kissing me. Then we both proceeded to take each other’s shirts off.

I rubbed my hands down Pete’s back as he went back to my neck and slowly down my chest unhooking my bra with his hands. He then moved down with his lips to my stomach and getting on his knees. He looked up briefly at me with the look of wanting and that mischievous grin of his.

He playfully toyed with the edge of my pants, rubbing his finger along it, caressing my skin so slightly. It sent shivers down my spine along with every other feeling I was having.
I did not want him to stop but I also wanted to play with him some. I pulled away to see a surprised look on his face. As he got up I pulled him to me kissing him and undoing his pants. I then proceeded to push him down onto the bed.

“Aggressive thing tonight, are we?” He said enjoying every minute of it. As Pete took his pants off, I grabbed the ice cream and climbed on top of his legs.

“Wait? What are you doing?” Pete said as I took the lid off and scooped some ice cream onto the spoon.

“What’s a matter? I said I was hungry.” I replied quickly dropping a bit of the ice cream onto his abdomen.

“That is cold!” He said almost getting up.

“You big baby.” I said licking and sucking it off him.

“Ok, I take it back. I like this. Now I have the idea you had.” He said smiling.

“Someone is thinking naughty.” Pete added.

I just gave him a smile and caressed his chest. I did what he did to me and teased him by kissing where his boxers came up to. I rubbed my right hand down his thigh making him ache for me.

“Ok, I love this and all but you know the ice cream is cold and what you do to me I have to do to you.” He said flipping me over.

“No. That was not the plan. You can’t taste it anyway.” I said trying to fight him off but not really.

“Maybe not but it will feel so good to watch you squirm then see the look your face will have when I lick and kiss it off you.” He said laughing and placing the ice cream on me.
It was cold but I enjoyed it. The cold sensation of the ice cream, followed by the warm sensation of Pete’s tongue, made me laugh. It felt very good mixed together. I wanted more.

After our playing around and teasing each other, it was on to the more serious stuff. Pete crawled beside me and we started to make out again. There was a point where we just stared into each other’s eyes. Every kiss, touch and caress felt better than the last.
Pete playfully unzipped my pants and took them off me. I grabbed him and pulled him on top of me. He started to kiss my neck, which made my heart beat faster.

“Pete, bite me.” I said.

“What? No!” He said.

“It’s alright. You will not hurt me. Just bite me. I want you to.” I said looking in his confused eyes.

“You know the risks. You know I might not be able to stop.” He said sitting up worried.

“Pete, I trust you. I don’t know what it is but you just need to bite me.” I said.

Pete then kissed my lips, sucking on my bottom one for a second. He then pulled my hair behind my ear on the side where his scar was. He whispered in my ear, “I hope you know what you are doing.” Then he started to kiss my neck again slowly, making every inch of my body ache for him.

He gave one last kiss before sinking his teeth gently this time into my neck. The room did not spin like last time and I could feel him sucking my blood slowly. As odd, as it sounded it was not that bad of a feeling. I turned my head so slightly to whisper I wanted him to enter me and make me want him more. Between that and the biting, he had me moaning and enjoying every minute of our bliss.

After I came, he rolled over beside me. My heart was still beating fast trying to calm down, my head trying to process it all. We were meant to be and if this is what heaven feels like so be it.

“See, that wasn’t so bad.” I said stroking his chest.

“I felt something as I bit you. And I finally have learned to control it.” He said all proudly.

“Maybe we need to have more fights.” I said joking.

“Why would you want us to do that?” Pete asked.

“Because this was the best sex we have ever had!” I said smiling. Pete just shook his head.

“Seriously I have never been so in tune with you than I have now.” I said. “You know how to put me over the edge and I love it.” I said curling up on his shoulder.

“Is that so? Are we becoming a sex addict now?” Pete jokingly asked.

“Hey! I resent that comment.” I said trying to tickle him.

“You know what happens if you do that.” He replied almost tickling me.

“I love you, Pete. Promise we will never leave each other again.” I said.

“I love you too. I promise I will not leave your side.” He said kissing me on the forehead.

“Pete?” I asked.

“Yes?” He responded.

“Am I a fighter?” I asked.

“You are more than just a fighter.” He said.
(End of Flashback 13)

(Flashback 14)
It was already almost three pm and the boys have not come back yet. I did not want to be there when they did so I got up and got dressed.

“Do you have to leave now?” Pete asked as I was putting my pants on.

“If you want me to look nice for tonight I do.” I said.

“I have so many plans for us tonight.” He said grinning.

“Oh, I bet you do.” I said reaching over to kiss his lips.

“How is your neck?” Pete asked trying to get a look at it.

“I’m fine, Pete. I don’t know how to explain it but I feel amazing right now.” I said.

“You know, I have all this energy to burn.” He said flashing his mischievous grin again.

“I guess sleeping with the slayer will do that to you.” I said laughing.

Pete was sitting up on the edge of the bed. “Come here you.” He said pulling me onto his lap as I was standing beside him.

“I’m keeping your hoodie for the moment.” I said.

“Jeez, woman you already have like two of my others.” He said.

“This one has your cologne on it. It’s mine to snuggle in,” I said laughing.

“You are so lucky that I love you.” He replied.

“You should be the one that’s lucky to have me.” I joked back with him.

I kissed him a long goodbye, grabbed my purse, and took off out the window. I noticed that Pete has to be careful with the sunlight but I think he gets a turn on by seeing me sneak in and out of his window. I got in my car and drove off.

As I walked in my apartment, Bev and Sam tried to get answers out of me. I just smiled and went up to my room closing the door. I laid out a navy blue dress with pumps to match. I started to laugh a bit because with heels, I would be taller than Pete.

Once I got everything ready, I went to take a shower. When I came out dressed with my hair in a towel, Bev and Sam were camped out on my bed.

“So, are you going to talk now or what?” Sam asked.

“We want the details!” Bev said.

“Ok, well, Pete and I stopped for ice cream.” I replied all calmly.

“What! You didn’t go straight to his place?” Bev asked.

“No, I had him stop at a store and brought some home, my dear Bev.” I said laughing.

“Oh, I got it!” Sam said laughing.

“Yeah, we had a fun time last night. In addition, Pete and I are solid now, I think. That’s all I am going to say.” I said throwing a pillow at them.

“What about tonight? Someone is getting all dressed up?” Bev asked.

“I am going out in a few hours to dinner and a movie with Pete.” I said. “Where are the boys?” I asked.

“You just missed them before you came home.” Sam said.

“We are all going out again tonight.” Bev added.

“Maybe you can catch up with us later.” Sam said.

“That would be nice but I don’t know everything Pete has planned.” I said getting my make up bag out.

“Oh, do you notice anything?” Bev said moving her hand around.

“Oh my, Bev that’s a huge rock. Does that mean...” I could not get out.

“Yes! Joe proposed to me last night!” She exclaimed jumping off the bed.

“Oh, you go girl!” I said jumping up and down with her. I gave her a hug then shooed them out of my room so I could finish getting ready.

My best friend was engaged. I bet Joe is probably telling Pete right now. I am so thrilled for her.

I finished getting ready then drove over to the boys’ place. Everyone was excited to see me, congratulating Pete and me for making up again. I just walked over to Joe who was smiling big.

“Aww, Joe!” I said hugging him.

“So, I guess when you marry my best friend you will be my best friend in-law!” I said being silly.

“I guess so.” He said laughing. “Just don’t ask us about a date yet. The boys have been hassling.” He grinned.

I sat my purse down on the coffee table and took my phone out. I have been so happy I forgot to call Nick back. He can wait I decided.

“Hey, Andy, can you throw me some stakes to put in my purse?” I asked.

“Sure.” He said throwing some at me. I caught everyone, which always amazes him. He was standing by the weapons box.

I looked over to see Patrick and Pete were going over some music. Pete had glanced at me, but was busy with Patrick going over his notebook I noticed from earlier this morning. They both had their instruments on that they play. Aww, I hope this means what I think it means.

Pete looked very handsome and cleaned up. I loved his shoes. He had on his converses. It did not go with the outfit but I did not care. He was Pete.

I walked over to Pete and he got up, taking his bass and sitting it down.

“Sorry, Patrick and I…” He started to say.

“I’m glad you are listening to me again, Pete.” I said.

“Wow, Amanda you look…” Patrick said before Pete gave him look.

“Amanda you look beautiful.” Pete said leaning in to whisper something in my ear. What he said made me blush and smile.

“Well, was Sam still at Bev’s?” Patrick asked.

“Yes. They are ready for you. Go get her tiger!” I said laughing.

“Amanda, you smell nice.” Pete said standing behind me now with his arms wrapped tightly around me.

“You do too.” I said turning my head to kiss him.

“We better go. It’s almost seven now.” Pete said looking at his watch.

I walked over and zipped up my purse. I picked it up and walked back over to Pete handing him my keys. He was being the perfect gentleman.

“Bye guys! Remember to use protection!” Joe chimed.

“Unlike you, we don’t need to use any!” Pete chimed back.

“Oh, that’s a burn!” Andy said as we walked out of their place.

“You ready?” Pete said shaking his head from the boys and extending his arm out.

“I’m as ready as I will ever be.” I said wrapping my arm around his as we walked to my car.

Pete had taken me to a fancy Italian restaurant. It had a wishing well inside with a little waterfall that we sat by. I threw a penny in it before we ate.

I ordered my favorite Italian thing, which was lasagna. Pete ordered food too even though he did not have to. I guess he wanted people to think he was normal. I kind of picked at my food at first.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Pete asked.

“Huh? What?” I replied.

“You haven’t said much since we have walked into this place. Are you alright?” Pete asked concerned.

“Oh, I am sorry. I just have a vibe I cannot seem to shake off. I got it when I reached for my phone earlier.” I said reaching for my purse to find it. It was not there.

“I left my phone at your place.” I said.

“Well, I have my phone with me but I turned it off so we wouldn’t have any interruptions. Pete said. “Amanda, please tell me about this vibe you have.” He said reaching across the table for my hand.

“I don’t know really. That is why I got pale earlier when you asked if I was alright. I think something may happen to Nick. I didn’t call him back but now that I think about it he called seven times then I heard nothing else from him.” I said starting to get upset.

“Amanda, I am sure Nick is fine.” I said trying to reassure her.

“I guess you are right. He probably got mad that I did not call him right away. He just got a little jealous I suppose.” I said laughing about me being worried about him.

“Have I told you that you look pretty tonight?” Pete asked trying to make me feel better.

“Oh, Pete you are such a flirt when you want to be. Thank you for this. I am enjoying being able to have a normal dinner with you. I like this date. What other kinds of dates do you have up your sleeve, Peter Wentz?” I said laughing.

“A man cannot reveal his secrets.” He said smiling.

“I love your smile, Pete. When you mean it, your smile looks beautiful.” I said.

“Thanks, I guess.” He said blushing.

I put Nick in the far corners of my mind. I was not going to let him ruin my date with my boyfriend. After we ate and Pete paid for our dinner, he bought me a rose that the restaurant was selling. He had them cut the bottom of the stem off and put the rose in my hair.
We started to walk to my car but Pete stopped me. I gave him a confused look. I did not know why he stopped me in the middle of the street.

“Hey, we paid for parking. The theatre is not but a couple if blocks. Why don’t we just walk down to it?” He asked.

“Ok, I guess.” I said following him holding his hand.

We did not get very far until we heard a familiar voice say, “There you guys are!”
Pete and I turned to see the gang standing beside us. I gave Pete another confused look, as did he to me.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“Amanda, here is your cell you left.” Patrick said handing me my phone.

“You may be in danger.” Bev said.

“I remembered where Pete was taking you and grabbed the gang.” Patrick said.

“You still haven’t answered my question.” I said a little upset my date was being interrupted.

“Brian called your cell. It turns out that Nick was trying to warn you when he called you earlier. He is on his way to L.A.” Joe said behind Bev.

“Natasha is here. Brian said she took the next flight out after you and she brought two big goons with her.” Patrick said holding Sam.

“I think I can handle Natasha. I almost had her ass in Florida.” I said.

“Wait, who is Natasha?” Pete asked.

“She was Nick’s ex girlfriend before me. Apparently she has been jealous of me and wants revenge for her thinking I stole Nick away from her. She was bitten and became a vampire and then was the one who took Nick away from me by making him one.” I explained.

“Oh. Well, now I understand. But why would she come to L.A.?” Pete asked.

“I guess to finish our score to settle.” I said.

Pete wrapped his arms around me. He started to hold me tighter as if to say he was not going to let go of me. I just gave him a reassuring smile.

“If she finds Beckett though can you imagine the damage they will cause? Joe said.

I did not have to answer because both Beckett, Natasha, her 2 goons, and an army of Dandies appeared. My stomach began to hurt and I knew it was from the vibe I had earlier. This was the cause of it.

“Well, now I guess the gang is all here.” Beckett said.

I looked over to see Brendon had Erelin behind him with his fangs out. A stake was already in their hands as well as everyone else. I noticed they came prepared with weapons. Bev nodded to me as if to say they were behind me and was not going to run.

“What do you want?” Pete said with his fangs showing.

“Don’t you two look stunning I may add?” Beckett snickered.

“Natasha. You leave Nick in Florida to hook up with Beckett. My you have such bad taste.” I said walking away from Pete but not far.

“You know why I am here. I want to see you dead. Beckett promised me he would help me.” She said.

“Really? He’s only using you to get to what he wants.” I said.

“Oh, don’t listen to her Natasha. She’s your enemy here.” Beckett said.

“I’m not afraid of you.” I said with my stake in hand. “You know I can kick your ass.” I said to Natasha. Pete glared a cautious glance at me.

“I want your new boy toy to see you dead. I want him to see you die and lose you like I lost Nick when you stole him from me.” Natasha ranted.

“That’s not going to happen.” Pete said stepping beside me.

“Are you done? Can I kick your ass and dust you now?” I said to Natasha.

“Not until you meet Tyler and Steven.” She said shoving her big goons in front of her. “They are twins but not very bright. But they are hungry and want you.” She said.

“Bring it!” I said.

“Amanda, please be careful.” Pete said as Beckett motioned for us to fight.
There were vampires aplenty for everyone. Beckett had Pete and Brendon tag teaming each other while the others were fighting the Dandies off. I was fighting the big goons who were strong.

As I was fighting off the goons, I noticed Brendon was cut on his right arm bad by Beckett’s knife. I heard Erelin yell something and then I started to feel worn down by these goons. Fighting both of these people was taking its toll on me. Pete tried to break away along with other members of our gang to help but they would get stopped and attacked by more Dandies.

Then the unexpected happened. I slipped on some water in the street and the Tyler goon grabbed my arm and swung me into his brother. I tried to get my balance and fight him off but Steven grabbed me by the neck hard and bit down. I could not get him off and Tyler came behind me pinning my arms and biting down on my other side. I was powerless to do anything. My life was being drained away. I tried to keep fighting but it was no use. I was getting weaker and weaker. I heard shouts and I heard Pete.

“No!” He yelled.

The goons swung me around to see Pete and everyone else being held down by Dandies.
This was Beckett and Natasha’s plan. This was to be the death of a slayer, me. I did not expect it end like this.

When the goons let go, I did not have much energy left. I grabbed my neck with both hands and saw blood was everywhere all on me. I heard Beckett’s laugh then I took one-step to collapse in Pete’s arms.
(End of Flashback 14)

I died in Pete’s arms but Patrick and Bev did CPR and brought me back temporarily. I learned that I coded in the ER but Brendon had told me to fight and come back to everyone I loved. If I died then everything I have been fighting for would be for nothing. I came back, but I came back with a vengence.

I was pissed that Nick was taken away from me and angrier that once we discovered it was Draucla that killed my mom, he was the one after me. No one messes with my friends or family and gets away with it. After Dracula had kidnapped everyone at the mansion, that was it. The gloves were coming off and Dracula was going down.

I defeated him but I lost Pete. I was told that all vampires would die but that was a lie. All vampires that were turned by Dracula would die. Volkmar was left out of the equation.

Pete came back to me as Brendon came back to Erelin. All was well until my happy day; my wedding. Who knew that I was still the slayer but my powers lay dormant itching to return or that there were vampires still roaming around?

(Flashback 15)
It was now the day of the wedding. I was so nervous. As I was in a room of the church getting ready, Pete tried to sneak in but Erelin stopped him from seeing me. I stood behind the door. Erelin was letting him have it.

“Don’t you know it is bad luck to see the bride before you two get married?” She said scolding Pete.

“Yes, but I love her. I miss her. I cannot stand not to be around her, Erelin. You took her away from me last night. I didn’t have her to fall asleep with.” Pete said on the other end of the door.

“Well you will have her back again soon enough. Now shoo, Pete.” Erelin said.

“I love you too, Pete.” I said from behind the door and giggling.

Erelin shut the door and shook her head. Everyone laughed at Pete and me. I just smiled. It was my wedding day. So why was I not feeling right?

“Hey, what is wrong?” Bev asked me. She was my matron of honor and Patrick was Pete’s best man. This was going to be a crazy wedding because I was having four bridesmaids plus the matron of honor. Pete was having four groomsmen and the best man. We could not leave out Pete’s brother and sister.

“I just wish both my parents were here. I wish Nick were here too. We were close. I can’t dance to the father daughter dance you know.” I said sighing.

“Hey, they are here. Don’t forget where you carry them.” Bev said trying to cheer me up.

“Thanks, Bev.” I said.

“Anytime.” She replied.

“I’m getting married today!” I said screaming and jumping up and down with everyone.
When it was time for me to walk down the aisle, I smiled. In addition, seeing Pete’s face was priceless as I came down the aisle alone wearing a beautiful yet simple long spaghetti strap wedding dress. I had no veil but my hair had grown out long and I had it pulled back slightly with a tiara in it.

We said our vows and exchanged rings. We had them engraved and Pete had his bat symbol engraved inside of them. It would not be Pete without that somewhere, which got me smiling even more when I looked at him when it came time to place the ring on my finger. Then when we pronounced husband and wife, it was the happiest day of my life.

After the wedding, we had a small reception. Pete tried to smash cake in my face but he failed because I was quick and dodged his attack. However, I got him. Then it came time for our slow dance. We gazed into each other’s eyes thankful that we both had each other.

“Ok, enough of this sappy crap!” Andy said cutting into the end of Pete’s dance and mine.

“What?” Pete asked as Andy whisked me away to a chair in the middle of the floor.

“It’s time for the garter toss.” Andy said loudly to everyone prompting all the single and non-married guys out on the floor.

I laughed. This was turning out to be a fun evening. Pete lifted up my dress and took the garter off with his teeth.

“Impressive.” I said smiling.

I looked around to see Pete’s brother, Andy, and Patrick out on the floor with other guys in Pete’s family or friends. My bet was on Patrick to get it. Pete threw it and Andy and Andrew both caught it but fought over it. Then Patrick swooped in and took it out of their hands.

“Looks like I got it boys.” Patrick said proudly putting it on his arm and grabbing Sam to kiss her. “You know what that means.” He said grinning at Sam.

“I don’t know. What?” She asked.

“We are the next to get married.” He said laughing.

“I’d so love you forever.” She said jumping into his arms.

“Ok, my turn.” I said grabbing my bouquet and tossing it. Chrissy caught it.

“Look. I catch the darn thing and you can’t even catch a garter?” Chrissy said whacking Andy on the head with the flowers.

“But baby it was in my hands. I can’t help it Patrick stole it from me.” Andy said chasing after Chrissy.

“Oh, some things will never change.” I said laughing and shaking my head.

It came almost time to leave and Andy, Chrissy, Patrick, and Sam all went out to fix up our Tahoe to take us on our honeymoon. Erelin, Brendon, Joe, and Bev were all talking to us about our plans, and how the boys are going to do a new album, when we get back from our honeymoon. Then all of a sudden, Andy and Patrick come running in the reception hall with Sam and Chrissy in their arms.

“Someone help us!” Patrick said.

Joe called 911 and we all came running over to see what the matter was. It made my heart sink as to what I saw. There were two bite marks on Chrissy and Sam’s necks.

“We were ambushed outside!” Andy said.

“How can this be?” Patrick said looking at Pete and me for answers.

How could this be indeed? Pete was no longer a vampire and I was not a slayer. I thought I killed Dracula, which killed all the vampires. Pete held me close and we looked at each other with a look of confusion.
(End of Flashback 15)

What a wedding day to start this big mess. So now, I am off to find my husband, and bring him back home and protect my child I am now carrying. On top of that, I must tell him that Volkmar has kidnapped Kat. In my heart, I will win. You cannot keep a good slayer down. Good always prevails.

As for Pete and me, we will find our way back to each other. I know so from our dream we shared. I just have to find him and convince him. I have learned so much from our past mistakes. There are so many memories that I shall never forget.

“Excuse me, miss?” A flight attendant said shaking my shoulder and taking me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, yes?” I said snapping back to reality.

“The plane has landed. You are the last passenger. I think it is time for you to go.” She said pointing the way for me to exit.

“Oh, sorry.” I said a little embarrassed.

I exited off the plane and headed for the baggage area to claim my bag. Once I found it, I proceeded to the car rental place to get a car. It was daylight still but not for long here.

Chicago is two hours ahead of L.A. and I still needed to eat and find a place to shop for weapons. Not to mention it was cold here. It was a good thing I am wearing a long sleeve shirt with one of Pete’s hoodies on over it.

After all the travel time switching planes and all, I was finally here in Chicago. My heart could not wait to find Pete. I just hope he is out slaying tonight. I really did not want to have to disturb his parents unless it was a last resort. I think I know where he would be out tonight slaying too. Everyone has a bad place in their town and guess where vampires like to hide out, in the bad parts of town.