When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 31

Everything passed fast; he saw how the Zerkh that he’d punch appeared in front of Lynn and stabbed her right in the stomach.

Alexius couldn’t believe what happened; his heart literally stopped beating when he saw Lynn collapsing to the floor. He was running towards her when he saw Daniel’s smile… why would Daniel be smiling at a time like this? Then it hit him! It was a trap, that wasn’t Lynn and that wasn’t Daniel. Apparently the Zerkhs got through his mind; apparently his powers were weaker. Alexius stopped, but the Zerkh that looked like Lynn was standing in front of him, and in a blink of an eye passed a sword through Alexius chest.

“Did you really think that you could hide forever?” the Zerkh mocked him.

His vision was getting blurry, blood oozed from his mouth and his brain couldn’t process what the Zerkh was saying. He saw his lips moving, but he didn’t understand what he was saying. He was concentrating in what was left of his powers. Those Zerkhs knew about his brother and the essence, he had to kill them, even if it cost his life.

The Zerkh let go of him, and his limp body fell to the floor. His breath was ragged… He was dying. Alexius felt a wave of pain rip through his body; he felt how the last of his power emanated from his body creating a bright white light. A light that could kill anything on its path. A light taken out of a nightmare, even if his powers came from dreams. He heard the screams of the dying Zerkhs… then darkness surrounded him.

Lynn and Daniel saw the light. (Daniel had teleported Lynn to a store near the motel)

“Fuck” Daniel muttered and Lynn heard him

“What? What’s wrong?” She asked, fear and anxiety dripping from her words.

“This is bad, give me your hand” he said. She did as she was told and Daniel teleported her to the door of the room Alex was in.

Everything was quiet and very still.

“Where are the Zerkhs?” Lynn asked, half whispering

“Dead”

She gulped, and fearing the worse she asked “and Alex?”

“I honestly don’t know” Daniel said—a tone in his voice that Lynn hadn’t hear before— opening the door. The lights were off and they couldn’t see anything. Lynn gasped when Daniel turned on the lights. She couldn’t believe what she saw. Alexius was lying in the floor in a pool of his own blood. His eyes were rolled up in his head… he seemed… dead.

Lynn couldn’t move while Daniel went to Alexius to check for pulse.

“Is he…” Lynn’s voice trembled and she couldn’t finish the sentence

“He’s barely alive” Daniel whispered. He carried Alex body towards the bathroom and closed the door.

Lynn collapsed to the floor. She heard the shower turning on, and she heard Daniel cursing. It was then that she realized she was crying. Heavy sobs broke through her body. What would happen if he died? … she didn’t want him to die. He changed her life. Time passed, when suddenly she felt something in her shoulder. Lynn looked up towards Daniel. He had a small smile on his face and hope in his eyes.

“Lynn, I think he’s gonna be alright” Daniel said

Lynn sighed in relief. Daniel helped her to get up, while she dried her tears. She glanced at the bed and noticed that Alexius was sleeping there. She frowned she didn’t hear Daniel walking out of the bathroom.

“Well, I closed most of his wounds” Daniel’s voice interrupted her thoughts “I have to go now, but tell Alex I’ll be back soon, ok?”

Lynn nodded and Daniel disappeared.

She was tired, she turned off the lights and walking carefully she went to the bed Alex was and laid down beside him, instead of going to her own bed.

At morning she woke up to some movement. She instantly sat up and looked towards Alex. He was stretching and yawning.

“Good Morning” he yawned as he sat up in bed, casually as if nothing had happened. As if last night he wasn’t dying.

She just threw herself at him and hugged him “I’m so glad you’re okay!!!”

He chuckled and placed his arms around her “me too… but Lynn you’re actually starting to crush me”

She gasped and let go. He smiled at her and they both laughed… she knew she wouldn’t be able to live without that laugh. Suddenly she noticed something.

“Your eyes!!” she gasped

He stopped laughing and glanced away from her. She could feel the sudden tension.

“Alex” she said, sternly “look at me!”

He hesitated before fixing his gaze on her

“Your eyes changed” she said softly “what happened?”

Lynn was right, his eyes used to be neither light, nor dark. Their color wasn’t normal. His eyes used to be unique, but now they were plain blue. Still gorgeous and deep, but plain.

“I’m human…” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this awfully late update, I will add a few chapters more, but I don't know if I will be continuing the story. Maybe I will, but I was just thinking that I like my story, but i don't like the way I've written it. So maybe I'll stop updating so I can change the writing style... I dunno ^^