When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 8

“Lynn, I’m not going to hurt you” he said standing up
“Stay there!” she yelled

He sighed
“Look, the wound on my lip is gone because I also have healing powers…and that’s not all” he said unbuttoning his shirt and taking it off
Wow, suddenly she forgot her fear; he had a nice body… Wait! She gasped; all the gashes, cuts and wounds had disappeared
“H-How?” she stepped back, pressing her back against the wall in the other side of the room. She leaned against the wall and sighed.
“Calm down, calm down! Calm down!!.... he’s kidding, yep! Is a joke!”
She glanced at him “No! he’s not kidding!!”
“You still don’t believe me…right?” he asked her
“Well, you could have told me I’m a vampire, or a werewolf or even a zombie! and I would have believed you, but a god!? Please” she scoffed (*thinking* how he lifted that table…maybe I imagined it, but— what’s happening?)
She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to think
When she opened her eyes Alex’s face was in front of hers. She jerked back bagging against the wall

She bit her lip, he was too close, so close that she could actually smell him, feel his warmth and… gosh! he smelled good. His blue eyes were burning into hers … wait! His blue eyes… they were estrange, it wasn’t a common blue, actually she haven’t seen that color in all her life... that kind of blue didn’t existed. They weren’t navy blue or dark, neither light blue or bright…they were… she couldn’t find the proper words to describe them.
He was looking at her like he was looking for something that he couldn’t find
“Can he read my mind?” she thought
“Lynn, do you actually think that I’m going to hurt you?” he asked
“…no…” she looked down, actually he’d save her
“Look at me please” he said softly and gently. He didn’t lift her head by her chin because maybe he would be forcing her to do it. She looked into his eyes
“Then why did you walked away from me?”
“I-I don’t know, I was kinda shocked, I think you don’t see flying tables so often” she forced a laugh. He was expressionless, his blue eyes held no emotion. She glanced away from him, he was too close.
“uhm… Alex?”
“Yes?”
“Can you, you know, step aside and put a shirt on?” actually she didn’t mind, he was hot, but it was a little uncomfortable
“oh! Sorry” he said as he walked away towards the table where the shirt was, muttering something she didn’t understand.
She stayed there as he put his shirt on
“…How can this be possible?...” she thought “I’m gonna change” she said taking the small bag he gave her . She went to the bathroom. Everything seemed so unreal, like all her dreams. Wait! Maybe it was a dream after all…All that was happening to her wasn’t supposed to happen in reality. People shouldn’t have powers and she should still be a secretary. She wrapped her light-brown hair with a towel and got in the shower.
Was he saying the truth?
She was always getting herself into trouble, but not that kind of trouble, not that big. She wanted all that to be a dream. She wanted to wake up and keep going with her life. She didn’t have a perfect life, but at least she had something, but now… this time she knew she wasn’t dreaming and that noting was going to be the same.
“Why he was looking at me that way?” she thought “it was as if he could see through me…”

The room was dark when she came out of the bathroom. It didn’t bother her, she was used to it. Always playing hide and seek in the dark with her brother helped her.
“Alex” she called him
“uhm?” his voice came from the bed
“Can you read my mind?” she asked