Kiss My Textbook

What Will Become of Us?

It had been a week since my kissing incident with Gerard and I didn’t want to see him again. I was afraid to because maybe it was a mistake or he fell or he had a case of temporary insanity. So many ideas, all on the pessimistic side, flowed through my head. School had ended and I knew where I had to go from here.

I had to go to Gerard’s.

I didn’t want to face him, not that day or ever, so I ran. I ran until I couldn’t feel my legs and math wasn’t a subject that troubled me. I ran myself to paradise in my mind when in reality I ran to the local park. Cliché, I know but nature was always my escape. I dropped my bag at the trunk of a nearby weeping willow tree and sat myself down beside it.

I was always drawn to these types of trees. They almost called out to me, all of nature had. No one knew about my strong passion for all things natural and green.

I let time pass hoping that I didn’t cause any trouble for Gerard since I didn’t show up. He most likely forgot about me or knew I would just runaway like a coward. Coward was what I should have been named not Frank. I was scared of my tutor because he kissed me. That may have been one reason of my fear. Yet, deep down all I feared was rejection, knowing that what he did was mistake and not something real.

I looked up from where I was and saw the sun setting making the sky a burnt shade of pink. I knew I would have to be home soon or my mother would wonder what had happen to me. I stood up from where I was grabbing my bag and started my way home.

I hated having to pass Gerard’s house since it was the only safe way to go home. This was one of the many reasons he had became my tutor. I decided to not make myself noticeable as I passed by his home.

I ducked behind every tree and walked in every dark spot I could find. I had to make sure I got home without being noticed by anyone who knew Gerard or Gerard himself.

I was home free when I saw my house in the near distance and I started to run. Now I wouldn’t have to worry about being seen anymore since Gerard isn’t even on my side of the building at school.

I had reached where my front lawn started to see a figure sitting on my front steps.

“You didn’t come over today,” the figure said in a familiar voice I recognized as Gerard’s. He got up and started walking toward me and I didn’t want that. Not at all but he kept getting closer.

I took a step and got myself prepared to run again. I nodded my head no when he was almost next to me. I couldn’t handle it and I just didn’t want to face it. “No,” I said under my breath.

“Don’t run from me, Frank please,” he said as I felt his arms come in contact with my body. “Please don’t run.”

I took notice as to see that his arms were wrapped around me and his head was rested on my shoulder. I wanted to melt but it could all be a joke, a ruse, anything to make me feel like an idiot afterwards. I felt him spin me around until I was looking at him, his eyes looking directly into mine.

My face was turning a bright shade of crimson since my face was in such a close proximity with his. His face was getting closer to mine and I knew what he was going to do.

His lips touched mine.

It was different from before it wasn’t the quick kiss he had given me before. It was a kiss that showed that he did like me. I was the dumb shit and he was the prince and he had fallen for me.

We parted and he just looked at me. “Wow,” I whispered having caught up with time and letting what happened sink in. I heard Gerard chuckle and he smiled.

Gerard let go of me and started walking away down the road chuckling. I was left there dumbstruck since I had no idea what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! I decided to be extra nice today since I know that both my first and second chapters are very short compared to chapter three so here is chapter two. These first two may seem crappy but I wrote them a while ago but rest assured that chapter three is the bomb diggity! Also extreme thank yous to EmoKitten my first commenter! You are the best!

Love and Doodles,

Tara

P.S. I'll post chapter three tomorrow and then from there I'll update when I can.