Status: Complete

Everything Changes

Part 2

Two weeks ago I would have been able to say my life is normal. Two weeks ago I would have been able to say I had a perfect life. Two weeks ago I would have been able to say I had two kids.

Every thing changes, my so called normal life was interrupted by an accident. My perfect life was intervallic by a bullet. My two kids increased to three just by meeting a complete stranger.

Rickie was your average teenager that lived in the projects. His parents dead or didn’t care, left him to starve at the age of twelve. He had no home, no family, just the streets. Where he learned how to handle his own. But Rickie wasn’t your average project's kid he didn’t have the heart to do what ever it takes. He had a heart of gold, unlike all the kids that scattered when the cops came, he followed, in remorse.

Mark and Rickie terms where bad at first but talk of basketball, Rickie helping Mark with everyday tasks, created a friend ship, but the closeness turned into family. The boys bonds became stronger as Rickie pushed Mark to strive for nothing less than prefect. Rickie's help and encouragement pushed Mark to strive to play basketball again. Though his legs were deaden his arms worked fine, and he had to train him self to make his arm take over for his legs and also continue doing there normal tasks as well.

Through the mess of thing, the doctors' appointments, driving the kids to and from school, work, and Matt being on tour it has been a living hell. Touch though it may be I can handle it for one more week, the kids have spring break, I'm taking a well needed vacation, and on top of it all Matt should be home tomorrow before my vacation starts.

"Rickie, Mark." I yelled down the stairs as I descended. I received quires of 'yeahs' normally when I called for my kids they appeared in front of me pronto, but with Mark's condition it was much harder for him to move around, and Rickie always calmed that he didn’t want to leave Mark 'hangin' as he constantly puts it. I smiled as I peered into Marks room; he was stationed in the middle of the room, sitting in his wheelchair, as he thumbed through a 'magazine', Rickie laid on Marks bed peering over at Mark with a coy smile on his face.
"What are you to up to?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, and continued to lean against the framing of the door.

"Nothing." Mark reply quickly trying to hide the magazine.

"To late mister." I smiled, knowing I can't keep them from being curious and looking. I know girls are there favorite subject when they're tired of basketball. I don’t mind them dating or anything, experimenting is fine to, but I just scared for Rickie, he knows better but has always been lead to fallow others. Mark I'm not worry as much, his chances of getting a girl pregnant is slim to none. No the accident didn’t affect his ability to perform but the chances of a high school girl doing all the work is slim to none.

"Here." He said monotone, as he trusted the magazine towards me.

"It's an old addition, keep it." A husky voice fluttered through the room, causing me to jump. I looked over my shoulder. "Hey baby." Matt's dimples bore as he smiled.

"Hey." I smiled kissing his lips. Matt smiled backing away slightly.

"You know leaches are so annoying." Matt growled out, jokingly. He looked down smiling. I followed his gaze, Mattie's small frame could be made out, she clung to his leg. I smiled down at my youngest, her head tilted upward as she just smiled up at Matt, not subsiding her grip at all. She stuck her tongue out at Matt.
"That’s it." He growled bending down, he latched onto her and pried her off his leg; he stood up with her in one arm, as he used the other to tickle her. She squirmed and squealed with laughter, kicking her little legs in the air. Matt stopped setting her down before muttering something that along the lines of his going to get her. She squealed and dashed off away from Matt.
Once out of sight his arms wrapped around me, and he peered at the boys,
"Boys." He smiled greeting them.

"Hey Matt." Rickie said.

"Hey Dad." Mark said lately he'd been trying Matt, when we'd be on the phone he'd ask about 'Dad' never Matt.

"Son?" Matt said eeriness in his voice. His grip around me tightened as he tensed up. Matt had admitted to me that he wanted to be a father, its just he never wanted some one else's kids, at first I was shocked. But he explained fully that he wasn’t trying to tell me that he didn’t want my kids in his life, he was just saying he hoped that he would have his own kids and never thought he's previous relationship would end, and he'd be a father. But things changes, he said that my children had made a mark on his life he'd never forget them even if we didn’t work out for any insensitive reasons. He told me on the phone the first night Mark called him dad that it shocked him, and he was honored that Mark though that highly of him, to except him as family already.

"So you have fun?" Mark's nosiness sunk in. Matt smiled before slightly nodding.

"It's what I love to do, it's my life. I'd never trade it for the world." Matt's comment kind of shocked Rickie and Mark they gave him a kind of glare that said what ever. I knew that the music business could be demanding but it still shared. "I mean yeah I don’t get to be home all the time, I get to travel, meet people. But still it's just what I do it's not who I am." Matt smiled before kissing my head lightly.

"So what your saying is you might play the rock star part but it's not you?" Mark questioned.

"Yeah I know it sounds funny, but I'm a son, a brother, a friend, and a father." He smiled out; his newly formed confidences surprised me. I looked up at him; he smiled placing a kiss on my forehead.