Status: Complete

Everything Changes

Part 3

Matt and I had escaped the kids, there questioning and constant nagging. We had locked ourselves in my room, and was currently out on my balcony, wrapped in a blanket and each others arms.
"Are you happy to be home?" the words flowed over my lips.
"Always." Matt's voice came out groggy, he cleared his throat, before placing a kiss on my head.
The last time I checked on the kids Mattie had fallen asleep after stealing one of Matt's dirty shirts.. one he wore on stage. Rickie and Mark were still in Marks room, last time watching a movie outta Matt's on the road things.. I really don’t want to know what its about but.. I'm still eerie.
"What's the matter babe," Matt asked after I shudder, "cold?" A cocky grin on his face.
"Very much so." I smiled back, his lips pressed against mine in an passionate moment.
Banging came from my door, causing us to pull apart. "Matt!" Rickie's voice yelled through the door. "There's.. Uh some guys here to see you."
"Shit I forgot they were suppose to come by." His voice was just above a whisper, a grunt followed. "Well I guess we better not keep them waiting." He gently picked me up setting me on my feet. He pecked my lips pulling the cover tighter around my shoulders. "Hopefully Zack didn’t bring any alcohol." He muttered to himself. He knows I was not fond of alcohol, thou wine is fine very now and then.
I trailed behind him dumb struck, his friends that were his life were here.. And I knew nothing of it.
Knocking continued on the door Rickie's impatience annoyed Matt. He hurried to the door unlocking it and pulling it swiftly open. Rickie smiled then scampered off to Mark more than likely.
"Kids." Matt's remark caught me off guard.
"Its not his fault you forgot your friends were coming over." I said blowing past him, down the stairs, taking two at a time. "Hi." I sleepily smiled at the four odd guys standing in front of me.
"Hello." His voice was gently yet had a ragged edge to it, kinda like he was nervous. His piercing green eye shunned out under the thick red eyeliner. His hair layered weirdly a purplish blotch laid above his left ear. Snake bits adjoined with his septum ring were the only piercings visible.
"Matt'll be down in a sec." I said slipping into the kitchen. Hearing snide comments about fucking. I just ignored it and went to the ice box, pulling out a bottle of water.
"Where'd she go?" Matt's voice floated through the air. "Kay, hey just make your self comfortable I'll be back in a sec." He appeared in the door way of the kitchen just as I twisted the cap off the bottle. "Some'n wrong?" He face held pure concern.
"No, just thirsty." I said putting the bottle to my lips and letting the liquid slid down my throat.
"You sure you seem kinda pissed just a bit ago." He motioned up, meaning upstairs.
"No I'm fine just slightly irritated." I said rubbing my back. My job had me stressed, not like grr I'm stressed as in pull my hair. No it had my body stress. It's not easy taking picture in heals, or squatting. My body was stressed.
"Over what?" He asked pulling me into his arms, securing me there.
"My life." I was blunt. I loved my kids all three of them, but between them and my job and Matt I couldn’t keep up. I was more irritated with myself than anything.
"What's wrong?" He asked lifting my chin making me look at him.
"Its just my job, clashes with my family time, and I have so much to do lately that I can't keep up and I can't take any more days off I'm already a month backed up. With my vacation coming up I don’t think I'm a truly get to relax, the kids are gonna wanna do this and that." I growled. Catching Matt by surprise.
"Well here's what we'll do, tomorrow is your last day of work. I'll take the kids to school, and pick them up. You go have a spa day after work. I'll take the kids out for pizza and then pick you something up for dinner. So you don’t have to worry about any thing. Kay?" He smiled down at me.
"I would love to but I don’t have the money it's all tied up in the kids, doctors, and bills." I sighed. Matt pulled his wallet out of his pocket and the pulled out a Visa.
"Use this. Go crazy have a day to your self go shopping what ever." He smiled.
"No." I looked at him bewilder.
"Babe don’t argue, you deserve this. So either you do this tomorrow or I'll take you Saturday and make you buy more stuff." His smile never faltered.
"I can't."
"Yes you can, I don’t care if you're worried about spending my money. I use yours all the time, I eat the food you buy, and I stay here more than I do my house. So if you think about it I owe you."
"I won’t I don’t care what you say I won't." I slipped out of his arms and out into the living room where his friends sat. There glances at me told me that they had heard what was happening in the kitchen. I sighed know they'd side with him so I just slipped into an open seat. Matt entered a few moments later, a flustered look on his face; let me know he was irritated. He plopped down beside me, a groan escaped his mouth.
"Can't handle your woman there Shads?" His tall lanky friend said a smile on his face. Matt had told me his friends were cocky bastards, and they had no respect for woman. Unless it was there own or she was in the room with them.
"Fuck you Jimbo." Matt's flustered face shifted welcoming a smile on it. I cleared my throat; Matt knew I didn’t like that kind of language especially when my kids were with in hearing range. "Sorry babe, forgot the kids where up."
"They should be going to bed, I'm a go check on them." I smile excusing myself, walking down the hall towards Mark and Rickie's rooms. Rickie's light was on but Marks wasn't. His wheel chair had been folded up and stuck by the wall. A small lump laid on the bed under the covers. I smiled turning and gently knocking on Rickie's door.
"Come in." His voice soft. I opened the door slightly peering inside.
"Lights out." I smiled; he had Marks laptop on this bed and was rereading an essay Mark had do tomorrow.
"Once I finish, Kay?" he asked smiling at me.
"Kay." I smiled closing the door and trudging back to the living room.
"Are they asleep?" Matt asked, wrapping his arm around me.
"Mark is and Rickie is reading Mark's essay. But should be turning in soon." I smiled knowing Mattie was asleep; Matt sung her to sleep then tucked her in.
"So not gonna get to meet the brats tonight?" This time it was the shortest one to speak. His smile played a crossed his face, letting me know he was joking.
"Afraid not." I smiled apologetic.
"I swear, I'm anxious now. All Matt talked about on tour was his family." The short one spoke up again. Matt mentioned there names before and told me that the short one's name was... but there was several thing he called him as well.
"Really I hope it wasn’t too bad." My voice cracked.
"Nothing to bad, I mean we do share more than most guys would. And I'm not talking about bragging either." The guy with long shaggy hair spoke up. I couldn’t help but look at Matt offended; he actually told them about me... in bed.
"We'll talk about it later babe." He smiled but it didn’t touch his eyes. I was amazed by him, but put off at the same time. I smiled back, knowing this was all for show. His band was his family and he was bragging about me in bed and my children to make him seem manlier. Like he was doing this to prove that he was worth something and not just a broken singer. Was I just a rebound?