If Words Are But Words

I'm wearing pants...and i hope you are too

JADE’S POV
How can he be like this? This guy’s one of my best friends in the whole word but if you’re not beautiful enough for him he’s a complete a-hole. I decided it was probably a good idea to go see Ian and see how he’s doing. I arrived at their bus and stood in the doorway, “Anyone home?” I shouted into the darkness.
I stepped in cautiously and finally caught some light, it was coming from the bathroom but I couldn’t hear any water running so I figured it would be ok to let myself in...cause walking in on someone in the shower sure does make for some pleasant conversation like this one time I walked in on...yeah, um anyways...
I pushed open the door guardedly and saw Ian sitting on the ground, just sitting there.
“Ian. Hey. I just came by to see how you’re doing and stuff” I said in the most disconnected manner possible. His eyes raised slowly, I guess he was kinda surprised to see me.
“Sit?” one single word escaped his mouth but he looked isolated I did as he said.
“How you doing?” I asked as he leaned his head on my shoulder.
“Been better” he said with an asphyxiating laughter.
“I’m really sorry about what Davey said” I softly said, not really sure of what else to say.
“Don’t apologize for him” he replied remotely.
“But, what he said it was-” I started but was cut off by Ian
“Right?” he hunched over and his body caved so he was lying on the ground. Was that blood on his shirt?
“What do you mean?” I asked, puzzled.
“He’s right, everything he said was true” he shuffled, his head on my crotch, awkwardly enough. Yes, yes I do have man’s head on my crotch but I’m wearing pants...and I hope you are too.
“Like that you’re fat? You’re not” I said defiantly.
“You don’t need to lie” he replied snuggling his face into my stomach.
“Lie? Would I lie?” I tried to make the situation less awkward but pretty much failed. Kinda like I failed that...those maths exams in school besides how was I to know what two oranges plus five apples equals. Apparently it equals seven...not fruit salad.
“Everyone lies” he retorted, sounding tired.
“I don’t know what to do or say to make you feel better” I answered, sounding stupid. I also failed English, surpised?
“Don’t say anything” he replied, tracing lines on my black jeans.
“Do you want me to go cause if you want I’ll leave or whatever” I fumbled my words.
He grabbed my wrist, “No, please don’t leave me” his eyes were wide.
“Ok, ok I’m not going anywhere then” I smiled at him, he rang reminiscent of a small child scared of getting lost in a busy shopping mall...actually that happened to me once, this one time, when I was like six, I was shopping and my mom and she accidentally lost me...or at least that’s what she said happened, Adam said she was trying to dump me off on purpose...probably one of the most scarring childhood memories.
“Thank-you” he said barely above a whisper, his hand sliding down my wrist and staying placed over my hand.