Loser, Whatever!

Acceptance?

Telling my parents. What a thought. Sure, I had pictured and envisioned my wedding in my mind, what girl hasn't? But I never really thought it could ever happen to me, so I never thought about the steps that led to a wedding. Like introducing him to my parents. And if I had pictured that in my mind, the guy would definately not be an international Quidditch player. Overall, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

My dad had the day of for reasons unknown and the rest of my family had been just hanging around. It was almost as if Oliver had planned this.

The tip-off must have been hearing a male's voice as the front door opened, because my parents came bolting to the scene.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Eisenberg!" Oliver was all charm.

"Oh, hello Oliver. May I ask what you are doing with my daughter?" My dad, not so charming.

"We just ran into each other around the block." I quickly explained. I had read some books where the father is not too pleased with his daughter's boyfriend, no matter who he is.

"What were you doing outside, Bridgette?" My mother tried to calm the tense atmosphere.

"I just needed some air." Which was the truth.

"Oh, is there a reason you're still here, Oliver?" My dad butted in.

"Actually, there's something we need to tell you." Oliver stared at me meaningfully, but there was no way I was going to be the one who told them, "We're going out."

I heard my mother exhale really loudly and saw my father's fists clench. Geez! You would have thought he told them I was pregnant and we were eloping.

"So, I'm thinking it's only fair on my part if I ask your permission, Mr Eisenberg, if I can date your daughter." Wow, Oliver had thought of everything. I saw my mother stare at my dad meaningfully. They were weird that way, they could probably communicate silently with each other, they were pretty powerful wizards. It must have worked, because my dad smiled and unclenched his fists.

"Of course, Oliver. I've never seen my daughter so happy in her life." I felt my face burn at these words. I hated being talked about in the third person.

"Okay, great! I guess I'll see you all tomorrow." Oliver, probably noting the still tense atmosphere, did not touch me or show any sign of affection as he left and closed the door behind him.

"Bridgette, we need to talk to you." My mom stated and walked to the living room with my dad. I followed and took the seat on the safe opposite them. My mom held my dad's hand, rubbing it as if soothing him. Which, now that I think of it, she probably was.

"First, we want you to know that we're so glad you've finally found someone." My mom started. Geez! They made it sound like they never thought it would happen in their wildest dreams, "But we never thought it would be someone like Oliver Wood."

"Uh..." Was I supposed to say something here?

"We also want you to know what you're getting yourself into." My dad continued, "He's a world famous Quidditch player, and with that, he's probably followed everywhere by photographers and reporters. Just be careful with where you go."

"We've been fine so far, dad, I haven't seen any people following us. I don't think people would expect to see Oliver Wood in a Muggle inhabited area." I pointed out.

"So far is the key sentence, Bridgette, just promise us you'll be careful." My mother pleaded.

"Okay, I'll be careful." I promised.

The next morning, I woke up early, I was so excited for the game! It took me a while to remember my birthday. I was officially of age! I could use magic outside of school and apply for my apparation test! Of course now I would never be able to get back to sleep, so I picked my notebook up again and started where I left off.

'"What now?" Fran asked as she and Destry just walked, holding hands, as they explored The Space Between.

"What do you mean?" Destry asked, "Don't you have anymore questions?" Fran thought for a moment, then and important one came to mind.

"How did you change me? Don't you have to bite my neck for that to happen? You definately didn't bite me while we were still on Earth." She asked.

"That's a good one," He started, then hesitated before he began again, "It's in the music. When human and vampire music mix, a powerful magic takes place. The two are completely different species, they're not meant to mix together, so one must become the other," This made sense, Fran had first met Destry when she caught him playing his guitar along with her singing, "Mostly, this isn't a problem. All vampires have to do is stay away from music. It was hard for me, I love music. That's why it was easier for me to find the Space Between. I just wanted to be myself, other vampires are too caught up in the thirst for human blood and that becomes their life. Do you like to sing?"

That was a lot to take in, but it made sense, it was a few seconds until Fran replied, "Of course! I love it!"

Destry smiled and pulled a guitar off his back. Had that been there the whole time, or had Fran just neglected to notice it? he sat in the grass, let go of Fran's hand, and placed the guitar in his lap. Immediately asfter he let go, the amore allineare slowed to a less intense sensation. It was way more powerful when they were touching. Destry must have noticed as well, because a pained expression crossed his face.

"Don't worry, it will come back when we sing, it's very powerful." He assured Fran. He strummed a few chords before he started playing. Fran recognized it almost at once. It was 'Yours To Hold' by Skillet.

Destry was right, the sensation overpowered Fran as she sung along and she loved it! The song was over way too quickly.

"That song really applies, you know?" Destry said as he strummed the melody, "I mean, I've been watching you for so long and I knew you were the one I was going to spend forever with, but you didn't even know I was even there. And then with everything you went through in your human life, it pained me. I was there and willing to hold you close, but I couldn't. Not yet. And now here we are, and everything is amazing."

"It's totally true. I remember listening to this song over and over again in my room when I'm having a rough time and just wishing that there was someone like that out there for me. Maybe I did know, subconsciously, that you were there." Destry smiled and took her hand in his as he stared into her eyes. Then she remembered something, "Wait, you told me you had only been watching me since you saw my family was going to die."

"Well, I had seem little flashes of you in my future, and when I saw you for the first time, in those visions, I felt the amore allineareand I knew I wouldn't be complete until you were here with me. But I never really thought we could ever be together.It was a bit of a shock when I saw more of your future and knew you would be better here than anywhere else."

"How does my future look now?" Fran smiled.

"Clear and wonderful, of course, I'm still in the picture. But you can change your mind anytime you want and that can change. I just want you to know that you still have a choice here." He explained.

"Are you kidding? If this amore allinearestuff is real, then the best choice I can think of is to stay right here with you." Fran decided.

Destry smiled and leaned over the guitar to kiss here. Fran was learning to love these kisses. They were beautiful and even more so because she knew this was true love, her soul mate right here forever.'

By now, it was a reasonable hour andI decided to get up and have breakfast. We had to be a the stadium for3:00, so I had plenty of time,but I had ants in my pants and I needed to run around a bit. Wasthis what love felt like? When you can't sit still when he's not around? When you can't sleep the night before you see him? And pray every second he's not here that he was? This was definately something to think about as I waited anxiously.