Loser, Whatever!

Unexpected

It had been a few days since I had gotten back. The 'euphoria' that came with coming home was long gone. I needed to get away from my family again. I decided to walk to my favorite, secluded, cafe that was about a 20-minute walk from my house.

I had on a black Rolling Stones t-shirt, black pants, black combat boots and a gray blazer, even though it was warm outside. I called to my parents that I was going out, then I left.

The walk was refreshing. It was good to be alone. It left me to sort out my thoughts without interruptions.

I went to the Kleine Cafe and ordered an iced coffee. Then I headed to the table that I always sat at. I had never sat at any other table for as long as I could remember. Every time I came to the Kleine Cafe, it was traditional that I sat there. So it came as a bit of a shock to see someone sitting there today.

It was a teenage boy, a few years older than myself, he had short, light brown hair and was very muscular. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it, so I just assumed he must live around here.

I didn't want to be rude and tell him to leave, but I always sat at that table! I decided to politely ask if I could sit with him.

"Er, hey," I started. He looked up. He had very nice brown eyes. "Do you mind if I join you?" He could probably tell I didn't do this often.

"Not at all." He replied and smiled. Now he seemed really familiar. I grinned back and sat on the opposite bench so I was facing him.

"I'm Bridgette" I said, sticking out my hand.

"Oliver." He introduced himself and shook your hand. Okay, definitely ringing a bell, why couldn't I place him?

"Do you go to school here, you seem really familiar." I asked.

"No, I graduated two years ago. Where do you go?" He replied. Was that a Scottish accent I detected?

"I go to a private school out of town." I lied easily, it wasn't technically a lie. Besides, most of this town was Muggles, I couldn't be too careful.

"Oh, really?" He gave me a lopsided smile, "What's that like?"

I started talking to him about sports, turning Quidditch into basketball and described the scenery and grounds. He kept smiling wider and wider for some reason, I found out why eventually.

"Hogwarts?" He smiled.

"Huh?" I replied, he had to be joking.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. That's where you go to school." He explained.

"How did you know?" I was shocked.

"I went there too." He answered, "It's probably why I seem so familiar to you."

"Oh." I replied. We continued talking about Quidditch for a while, but quietly, so no one would overhear. I found that I really liked him, he understood me and why I was such a Quidditch fanatic.

"What's your favorite team?" He asked me.

"Puddlemere United." I answered without hesitation.
"Really? What a coincidence! Or are you just saying that?" He demanded. I was taken by surprise.

"No, I've supported them since I was nine" I replied, "Why would I 'just be saying that'?"

"I thought that was obvious!" He said, "I'm the Keeper for Puddlemere United."