SHH! There's a Killer in the House

23

“How the fuck did she get away from you?!” Jace yelled as he scooped Heather up into his arms. I hung my head. Alyssa was sitting grumpily in the front seat, Jace as handcuffed her to the dashboard. He threaten to lock her in the trunk of she made any noise.

“She elbowed me in gut and kicked me in the balls, I’m sorry I care about my choice of reproduction over a crazy bitch.” I hissed as I picked up the bag Jace dropped when he ran to the fight. I could hear Heather loudly groan as her head slung and hit his arm. She looked bad; scratches from Alyssa’s press-on nails did a number on her face. Marks criss-crossed over her face, angry red streaks slid down her left eye. Blood poured out of different spots on her face.

“Get in the backseat, I’m going to lay her head on your lap,” I nodded at what he said and climbed in. Carefully, I guided her upper body in until she was resting against the seat and her head on my lap. Her face looked up at me; the marks on her face were hidden in the shadows. She looked beautiful.

Jace started the car. He and Alyssa got into a heated agreement. I didn’t listen to what they were saying. “….YOU DON’T EVEN CARE YOU’RE BROTHER IS MISSING!” I heard Alyssa yell, bringing me out of my dazed state.

We were in the driveway. Jace was sitting behind the wheel, his knuckles white on the steering wheel. “I’m, aha, going to get her in the house while you two talk.” Quickly, I got her out of the car before anyone could stop me.

The damn door is locked! In a house full of murders, hit men, and drug dealers, they lock the fucking door! I rang the doorbell, the monitor by it clicked on. “Who’s there?” The face of Bryan’s best friend filled the little screen.

“It’s Landon with Heather,” I saw lifting her up a little bit in my arms.

He pondered something. “Where are Jace and Alyssa?”

I looked back at the car. Steam filled the windows. I tried to think clean thoughts as I smiled back at the monitor. “They are talking about the right and wrong way to act in a Wal-Mart parking lot,” I laughed. The face on the screen gave me a weird look before buzzing me in.

The mansion was quiet, other than the laughing that came from the den upstairs. I didn’t know where to take her so I carried her off into my room. She looked so small in the middle of the full-sized bed. Heather curled herself up on the blankets, pulling a sheet over her. I’m glad she stopped bleeding but then again, there aren’t my favorite sheets in the whole world.

In the bathroom, I wet a wash cloth and grabbed a few band-aids. I sat on the edge of the bed by her head, setting down the band-aids on the nightstand, I pulled her head onto my lap. The side of her face that hit the asphalt had little rocks in it. I dipped the wet rag onto one of the cuts. She cried out in g pain, her hands trying to smack mine away slowly, weakly. “Now stop, Heather, I don’t want to do this anymore then you want it to happen.”

She stopped long enough for me to finish up her cheek before she rolled over, away from me. I looked over her arm. There was a huge, nasty gash along her elbow. I cleaned it off and put a band-aid over it. “Landon?” She asked slurred, her half opened eyes were trying to focus on me.

“Hi, baby, what did you need?” Asked, helping her sit up. Her head rolled onto my chest.

Her big eyes looked up at me and a goofy smile pulled at her lips. “Water and headache stuff, please.” I worked out the medicine I had in the drawer of the nightstand then picked up my water cup.

“Here,” I handed her the water to hold and I worked open the medicine bottle. “Take these two, ok?” She nodded and I gave her the pills.

“Why does she hate me?” Heather asked as she handed me the empty cup. I shrugged. “I didn’t do anything to her. I always said hi to her when I passed her and… and…” she started to tear up. “I didn’t do anything to her!”

“She, its ok, baby,” I whispered in her ear. “You didn’t do anything wrong, she’s just a mean person.”

She looked up at me. “How do you know?”

“Let’s not talk about it. Why don’t you just go asleep and we’ll talk about it in the morning?” I cooed her, running my thumb up and down her cheek. She nodded. “Ok, why don’t you go in the bathroom and put on some PJ shorts and we’ll watch that movie Jace got.”

I helped her out of bed and walked with her to the bathroom. We stopped by the closet and I pulled out one of my pairs of basketball shorts. She started laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, it just, they look like the pair I put on when I was in the woods!” She couldn’t stop laughing. I looked down at the shorts in my hand. They were black with two blue stripes on the side of the leg holes. I shrugged and pushed her into the bathroom, gently of course.

She limped out. “How do I look?” She smiled, trying to act like a model.

My jaw dropped. My eyes grew big. Even with all the cuts and bruises and the angry marks all over her body, she looked like a goddess. “You look beautiful,” I breathed. “Absolutely beautiful.”

She started laughing. “No I don’t, silly! I looked like I’ve been hiking through the woods and beaten up by a crazy psychopath!”

I shook my head. “You look beautiful,” I whispered. I gestured to the bed, finding my voice, “Ready to watch the movie? She nodded and we walked to the bed. She crawled on first; her brace kind of dragged one of the sheets. “Do you need to prop your foot up or anything?”

“Just with a pillow, if you can spare one.”

“I can but that leaves you with none,” I joked, pulling one of the pillows off the bed and down to her foot.

“Thanks,” she smiled at me.

I smiled back at her before I started to mess with getting the damn movie open. “Yeah, that’s what all the girls say before they kick me out of the bed when they sleep.”

She let that one slide as I got the movie into the player. With her arms open, I crawled next to her in the bed. She hugged me tight. “Thanks,” she whispered as the movie started.

“It was nothing, honey,” I said, hugging her back. She finally let go and we watched the movie. In our weird corny way, we both laughed when scenes of cannibalism happened. “God, we are going to hell for laughing at this!” I said, making her laugh harder.

“Yeah, we are!” After the movie was over, we both fell asleep, her wrapped in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 in one day, i must love you all!