Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Getting To Know Each Other

{Matt}

I was so happy to see Rainy this morning when she got out of Jimmy’s car. It’s like she’s brightened up my day. I’m glad too, after breakfast this morning, I had told my parents about Rainy and the guys. They didn’t seem too pleased about my new friends. Especially when dad found out none of the guys were on the football team and mom found out that Rainy isn’t a cheerleader.

I didn’t even tell them that they don’t come from wealthy families. I was kind of afraid to. I’m not sure how they’ll react to that and I want to get to know Rainy and them a little more.

After Rainy, Brian, and Jimmy walked over to me, we waited for Zack and Johnny to show up. I kept stealing glances at Rainy while talking to the guys. From the corner of my eye I would see her glance at me every now and then.

When Zack and Johnny showed up we all headed into the school. We went to our lockers and got anything we needed. Rainy’s locker was almost directly across the hall from mine.

When I was done getting the books I needed, I shut my locker and turned to see if Rainy was at her locker still. She was and I saw her and Brian playfully push each other out of the was cause their lockers are right next to each other.

I stood watching her for a few moments. The smile on her face is bright. I can tell she’s happy right now just simply messing around with her brother.

When the bell rang everyone headed off to their first period. I walked with Rainy to Science and we both took out seat when we got in the room. It didn’t take long before the teacher came in and started today’s lesson

About half way through class Rainy ripped a piece of paper out of her note book, folded it twice and handed it to me. I took it as she gave me a slight smile. Opening it I read what was written.

Matt,
I don’t think Cole messes with people because he’s jealous. He does it because he can, because he’s a true bully. He also uses the fact that he’s one of the star quarterbacks on the football team to his advantage so that he can be his bullying, jackass self and get away with it.
You said that you grew up with kids like Cole as your ‘friends.’ You weren’t one of the ‘bullies’ were you?
So, about the bit where you want to know about me. What is it that you want to know? Why do you want to know about me? Out of everyone in this school, why me?
~~Rainy


I wasn’t paying attention to the teacher talking as I grabbed a blank sheet of paper and wrote my reply to Rainy. I didn’t reply to what she wrote about Cole. As far as I’m concerned, we don’t need to discuss him anymore. I just answered her questions.

When I was done I folded the paper and passed it to Rainy. As I waited for her to read it and reply, I turned my attention to the teacher.

I had answered that I liked her and thought she was pretty cool. I told her I didn’t really know why I wanted to know about her, it’s just that she caught my attention and now I want to know everything about her. I want to get to know her better.

Rainy passed the note back and I read what she wrote.

‘Sure I’ll tell you about myself but I don’t know if I can answer some questions I know you probably want to ask. Some I might not want to answer, but I’ll try. So ask away.’

I’m happy that she’s allowing me to ask her questions. I had a feeling that she might not answer all my questions but that’s okay. Hopefully I’ll be able to ask certain questions and get answers in the future. I’m willing to wait.

‘What’s your favorite color?
Is Brian your only sibling?
What’s your favorite kind of movie?’


That’s what I asked first. I thought I’d start with simple questions. I passed the note back to Rainy and again waited for her to read it and reply. Five minutes later Rainy passed the note back to me.

‘My favorite color is purple. What’s yours?
Yes Brian is my only sibling though I consider the guys my brothers also.
I would have to say horror is my favorite kind of movie, but I also like action and comedy.
What about you? Have you got any siblings?
What kind of movies do you like? You don’t mind if I ask you questions also, do you?’


I read what she wrote and smiled. She wants to ask me questions too. I answered her questions then asked a few more. When done, I tossed the note onto Rainy’s desk. Out of the corner of my eyes I watched as she opened the note and read it. The note passing and question asking went on for the rest of the class period.

‘No I don’t mind if you ask me questions.
My favorite color is red and no I don’t have any brothers or sisters.
Um my favorite kind of movie would be action.
What’s your favorite horror movie?
Do you have a favorite band?
Whose older, you or Brian?’


‘Ah, you’re lucky you’re an only child. Ha. Ha.
A Nightmare on Elm Street is my favorite horror movie. I absolutely love Freddy Kruger. He is the best horror movie villain ever.
Brian’s older by five minutes.
I have a lot of favorite bands but my all time favorite I guess would be Motley Crue.
What’s your favorite movie?
What’s your favorite kind of candy?
Do you like sports?’


‘I’ve always wanted a brother. I hate being an only child.
Freddy Kruger’s all right. Jason Voorhees is better.
Motley Crue is okay but I’m not a big fan of theirs.
My favorite movie is Die Hard.
My favorite candy is um, Milky Way.
And I like basketball.
What’s your favorite candy?
Is Rainy your real name?
What is your favorite cereal?’


‘Yeah well, you didn’t grow up with Brian for a brother. Ha. Ha. Nah, I’m just joking. Brian is an awesome brother.
So is Friday the 13th your favorite horror movie?
What’s your favorite band?
I love Die Hard. It’s my favorite action movie.
Dude baseball is better than basketball.
My favorite candy is Starburst.
Lucky Charms is my favorite cereal. Or really anything with marshmallows.
No, Rainy isn’t my real name. It’s Lorraine but when we were little, Brian for some reason, had trouble pronouncing Lorraine so he would just say Rain. Later on it became Rainy and it just stuck.
What’s your middle name?
How old are you?’


‘Nah. Jason Voorhees is just my favorite horror movie villain. Child’s Play is my favorite horror movie.
Guns N’ Roses is my favorite band.
Man I love Lucky Charms. It’s the best cereal in the world.
Lorraine is a nice name. I like it.
My middle name is Charles. What’s yours?
I’m seventeen. You?
What’s you favorite animal?
When did you start drawing?’


Dude, Chucky is awesome. I have a Chucky doll. But one day Brian and Jimmy got a hold of him and shaved his head, so now he’s bald. But I got them back though.
Guns N’ Roses are great
What’s your favorite Lucky Charm marshmallow?
Thanks. I like my name too, but I’ve been Rainy since I was like four.
My middle name is Sophie. I like yours. I love the name Charles, well, Charlie actually.
I’m seventeen also. When’s your birthday?
My favorite animal is a monkey. I wish I could hang out in trees all day. Ah, that’d be the life. Ha. Ha.
I started drawing when I could first hold a crayon. Though then it was more like scribbles than actual drawings, but then when I got a little bit older my mom taught me how to draw.
What’s your favorite food?
What’s your favorite school subject? Your worst?
Do you have any pets besides Crispen?’


The bell rang before I had a chance to reply to Rainy.

“Okay class. For homework read chapter 14 and do the questions at the end.” Mrs. Kutch said as the class packed up their things.

I placed the note in my Math book so that I could answer it next period. When I was done gathering my things, I stood up and saw that Rainy was standing there waiting for me. That brought a smile to my face as I followed her out of the classroom.

As we walked to Math, I saw Liz standing by the lockers giving Rainy a glare. I want to know what her problem is. I’ve noticed Liz is always glaring at Rainy and it’s like she wants to rip Rainy’s head off or something. I don’t like that and I’m going to find out what Liz’s problem is.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here’s the next chapter.

Okay so, I’m going to be putting 'Save Me' on a short hiatus. I want to have at least five chapters already written for each time I update so that I don’t have to rush the next chapter out. So once I have at least the next six chapters written, I’ll update.
I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this chapter. And I’ll try to get those chapters written as quick as I can.