Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Band Practice

{Matt}

School today seemed like it dragged on forever. Though I did get to see that Tommy dude the guys were talking about last night. Brian pointed him out to me when we were in Math class.

When the school day was over I asked Johnny if I could come over to his house again today because I wanted to talk to Rain. I was going to talk to her last night but after hearing about the other fight her and Liz got into, I completely forgot.

When I pulled up in front of Johnny's house I saw Rainy sitting out on the porch with her head down. As we walked up the front path I saw that she had a sketchbook on her lap. After the guys went in the house I stayed outside and talked with Rainy.

I asked her if the fight yesterday was my fault because of the talk I had with Liz and Rainy said it wasn't. She told me that the fight probably would have happened anyway and she asked me not to blame myself. I told her I wouldn't, which I won't.

I even grew some balls to ask her if she was going to stay away from me. And when she asked me if I wanted her too I had to say no. How could I want her to stay away from me? I like being around her.

After watching her and Zack drive off I went into Johnny's house where the guys were sitting around talking about the weekend. They asked me if I wanted to come over tomorrow and see them practice. I told them I'd come and about an hour later I was on my way home.

xxx

I woke up this morning and instantly remembered that I was skipping today and would get to watch the guys practice. Yesterday, Rainy told me that they were the best and I'm looking forward to hear them. After I took a shower and got dressed I went downstairs and ate breakfast.

My dad was already off at the office and my mom was no doubt out shopping so they wouldn't know about me skipping. Anna already knew I was skipping but I knew she wouldn't say anything to my parents. I had some time to kill before going to Johnny's so I just tried to get some songs written.

When eleven rolled around I left the house and headed to Johnny's. Zack was the one who answered the door and let me in. I saw everyone sitting in the living room just talking and watching TV. Rainy looked up when I walked in the room and she gave me a bright smile to which I returned.

Half an hour later I was following the guys down to Johnny’s basement. When I stepped off the last step I saw an old and very used drum kit sitting in front of the back wall. Along the wall to my left was an old worn down couch that looked like it was a hundred years old. Propped up against the wall opposite the couch were three guitars and two amps.

Rainy went over and sat down on the couch as the guys walked over to the instruments. I followed Rainy’s lead and sat down next to her. I watched as Jimmy took a seat behind the drums and the others picked up the guitars and plugged them into the amps. Johnny had told me earlier that he played the bass so I now know that Brian and Zack play guitar. The guys took about ten minutes to set up. When they were ready I sat forward in my seat, ready to hear what they got.

It was two hours later when the guys stopped playing. I hadn’t even noticed the time pass till Zack said what time it was. I sat there with my mouth hanging open as I looked back and forth at the guys. After they put down their instruments, or in Jimmy’s case, sticks, they all turned to look at me. Even Rainy turned in her seat to face me.

“So, what did you think?” Brian asked as he and the guys looked a little like they expected me to tell them that they sucked or something. But that’s far from it. These guys literally rocked. Sometimes there was a little roughness but with time it will only get better. Much better and I can actually see these guys going somewhere in life with their music. And that’s exactly what I told them.

They all seemed thrilled that I like their stuff and I could see Rainy’s reaction out of the corner of my eye. I knew that she fully believed in them and I guess to hear me, someone new, tell them that they could make it if they wanted to, was something she liked. I could tell Rainy takes their music seriously and truly wants them to become something. She gave me one of her beautiful smiles that I was beginning to fall in love with.

The guys played for another hour before taking a break. We were all sitting around talking when Johnny’s doorbell rang. He got up and went upstairs to see who was at the door. Jimmy was lightly drumming at his kit, Rainy was drawing and from the way she kept looking up at Jimmy, I’d say she’s drawing him. I was talking with Brian and Zack when there were footsteps on the basement stairs.

At first I thought it was just Johnny coming back down but when I heard Jimmy drop his drumsticks I looked up in time to see him run across the room and pull a girl into a hug. When he pulled back he brought his lips down to hers and they shared a long kiss. The kiss seemed to be getting a little hotter when Brian spoke up.

“All right guys, break it up. We don’t need to see you two going at it on the floor.” He said with a laugh.

“Yeah witnessing you two fuck once already was bad enough.” Zack commented laughing.

“Oh you enjoyed it.” The girl said with a smirk.

“Right. Cause there’s nothing more I enjoy than seeing Jimmy’s white ass sticking up in the air.” Zack said sarcastically.

“Hey, my ass isn’t that white!” Jimmy exclaimed.

“Dude, your ass is so white; it’d make an albino look tan.” Brian said before he and the rest of us busted out laughing.

“Anyway.” The girl said after everyone settled down. She walked over to Rainy and gave her a hug. “How ya doing, love?” she asked in what sounded like a British accent. Rainy just looked at her with a ‘what the fuck’ look on her face.

“Sorry. I’ve been watching a lot of British show and movies lately.” She explained and Rainy nodded her head with a smile. The girl then looked over at me and raised one of her eyebrows. “Who are you?” she asked.

“I’m Matt.” I told her.

“He’s a new friend of ours.” Brian said to her before looking at me and pointing to the girl. “This is Jimmy’s girlfriend.”

“Bev’s the name. Pleased to meet you.” The girl said to me sticking out her hand.

“Nice to meet you.” I said as I shook her hand. She looked back over to Rainy.

“So, what happened to your check?” she asked her.

“Rain got into a fight the other day.” Jimmy said laughing.

“Really? What happened?” Bev asked. I looked over at Rainy and saw her roll her eyes before she grabbed her notebook and got up, walking over to the chair across the room. She opened up the notebook and began drawing as the guys told Bev about the fight. I watched her for a few minutes wondering why she wasn’t getting in the conversation since it was about her fight.

I felt the couch dip a little beside me and turned my head to see Zack sitting there looking between me and Rainy.

“How come she looks disinterested in the conversation?” I asked him.

“Cause she is. Rainy doesn’t really like fighting. She’ll fight to defend or protect herself or her friends, but other than that, she hates fighting.” Zack said to me. I nodded my head in understanding. I could feel Zack’s eyes on me so I turned to face him, raising an eyebrow in question.

“You like Rainy don’t you?” he asked.

“Yeah. She’s an awesome girl.” I replied. Zack looked at me for a moment before chuckling and getting up from the couch. He walked over to Johnny still chuckling.

I knew what he meant with his question. He was asking if I had feelings for her. I may have accepted the fact that I like Rainy but I’m not sure if letting the guys know this was wise. I already know how protective they are of Rainy and them finding out I like her might not set too well with them.

Maybe one day though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I know it’s been a long ass time since I’ve updated this story and for that I am incredibly sorry. I don’t really have an excuse for that other than I kind of lost interest in the story. A couple weeks ago I found the notebook I’ve got this story written in and while reading a bit of it, I decided to try and get back into this story. So hopefully I can continue with it but I’m sure updates won’t be regular.

Anyway, as always, let me know what you think. :)