Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Feeling Down

{Rainy}

The boys headed off to their locker room and I headed off to mine. I changed my clothes and just as I was zipping up my hoodie, Liz and two of her friends came up to me.

“So, what do you think of Matt Sanders?” Liz asked me. I just looked at them. “He’s hott right? Well you better stay the fuck away from him. He’s mine.” I just rolled my eyes at her.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me, bitch.” she said before slapping me in the face. Her friends laughed. She stepped toward me. “I saw you looking at him in the gym and you can forget it. Like he would ever go out with trailer trash like you. You are pathetic and worthless. No one will ever want a fucking mute like you. So, remember, stay away from Matt or you’ll regret it.” she hissed in my face and pushed me back into the locker, then her and her friends walked off snickering.

I walked out of the locker room and headed to my last and final class of the day, art. I didn’t even wait for the guys. Just left. However they weren’t far behind me and they soon caught up.

“Hey Rainy, why didn’t you wait for us?” Johnny asked. I kept my head down and continued walking. I felt someone grab my arm. They pulled me to a stop and I saw that it was Brian.

“Hey what’s wro-“he started but stopped when he saw my right cheek that I knew was starting to form a bruise. “Who did that to you?” he asked threw gritted teeth. I shook my head and walked away. Soon enough Jimmy stopped me.

“Rainy, who hit you?” he asked softly. Tears started to form in my eyes and I tried not to let them fall. Jimmy saw them and he pulled me to his chest.

“Shh, don’t cry. It’s okay.” he cooed in my ear as he rubbed my back to calm me down. I pushed him away shaking my head and walked down the hall. I heard him calling me but I ignored him and walked to art. I don’t usually let what they say bother me, but what Liz said got to me cause that's how I feel. I feel like no one will ever want me. No one will ever love me because I don't talk. So with her speaking what I felt, that stung.

Art went okay; we had a free period so I drew the beach at sunrise. When the bell rang I walked down the halls and stopped at my locker. I got out my books that I needed for homework, and yes I do my homework. I’m trying to do well in school so I can go to college and make something of myself. I want to show people you don't have to be from money to be successful.

After I got my books I headed to the front doors. I only managed to get shoved twice and called ‘freak’ three times. Usually it’s more and I normally juts brush it off, but with already being upset, it just made me more upset. I got outside and headed over to Jimmy’s car. I sat on the hood and leaned back against the windshield. I just laid there looking up at the sky waiting for the guys. I felt someone lie next to me. When I looked over I saw it was Jimmy. He was watching me.

“Do you want to tell me what happened?” he asked me. I turned back to the sky and shook my head. “Why not?” I just shrugged. “Well, you know I'm here.” he said. I nodded and he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

“Are you coming over to Johnny’s?” I didn’t answer. “I think you should. Maybe one of the guys will mess up something and I know you love when they do. You know that I, however, will not mess up. I’m too good.” he said. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. “What? I’m not lying.” I shook my head and smiling.

“Seriously though, come?” he pouted at me and I gave in and nodded. I normally always went to their practice, but after this afternoon, I just wanted to go home and sleep. But I guess going with them would be better then being home with my uncle. A lot better.

“Yay!” Jimmy shouted as the guys came over.

“Yay what?” Zack asked.

“Oh just Rainy agreeing to come to practice.” he explained.

“Good cause Ray is coming home early and I don’t want you there alone.” Bri said. I nodded. The reason why he didn’t want me alone with Ray home was that he liked to use both of us as punching bags, and Bri hated it when he wasn’t there to stop him from hurting me to bad. Especially since last time I was there alone. But that’s a story that I don’t really want to go into. At least, not just yet.

“Alright, well let’s go.” Zacky said and he and Johnny made their way to his car. Bri and me got in Jimmy’s and we headed to Johnny’s house. Once there we all went to the basement where their instruments were all set up. Johnny’s mom didn’t care that they practiced at her house. She was never home anyway.

As the guys practiced and I did my homework, my mind started to drift to thoughts of Matt. I just could not get him out of my head. There was something about him that I just could not explain. He really didn’t seem like a rich snob. And since Math class every time he would look over at us, he had some kind of look in his eyes. Almost a look of longing, like he wanted to sit with us and be friends with us not the preps. I don’t know. I probably just imagined that look in his eyes. Maybe he is like them and I’m just hoping he wasn’t cause I like him.

What? Wait. What the hell? Where did that come from? Did I just think I like him? No. I don't like him. I can't. Well he is good looking and, no, no, no. No. I can’t. We would never work out. We live in two completely different worlds. Okay I gotta stop thinking about this. Wait, what was that?

“Rainy, hello. You in there?” Johnny was talking to me. I looked at him and gave him a ‘what’ look.

“He’s been calling your name for like three minutes. You okay?” Bri asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“How was our practice?” Johnny asked. I smile and gave him the thumbs up. Even though I didn't really hear them, I knew they rocked. Even when they mess up, they're always awesome.

When the guys were done we all just hung out till it was time to go home. As me and Bri walked into our house we were met with a very angry-looking Ray.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the new update. Let me know what you think.

I have the next few chapters written up waiting to be typed and added to the story.