Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Lunch and Gym Antics

{Rainy}

When the bell rang, Zack and I walked out of the room and towards our lockers. Bri, Johnny and Jimmy were already there. We had a few minutes before our next classes so we just hung around while the guys talked about whatever. I sat on the floor thinking about Matt. Why I was thinking about him, I have no idea.

"Rainy. Hello, earth to Rainy." Jimmy said waving a hand in front of my face. I looked up at him and blinked a few times. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded. "Okay, well the bell rang. Time for class." he said. I stood up and made my way to Language class with Johnny and Zacky. We were taking German. Brian and Jimmy were going to Language also, but they were taking Spanish.

Matt Sanders wasn't in this class. The class was pretty boring today and I must have ended up falling asleep cause the next thing I knew Johnny was waking me up.

"Rainy. Rainy, wake up." Johnny said shaking me. I looked up and saw Johnny standing next to me.

"Come on the bell rang. Time for lunch." he said. I nodded and stood up putting my things away. I saw that Zacky already left. Johnny and I walked out of the room and headed outside to our tree. The others were already there. I sat down next to Jimmy and put my head on his shoulder.

"Tired?" he asked. I nodded as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Well if you didn't stay up till three in the morning drawing." Brian said. I just looked at him and gave him the finger. The guys laughed and went on to talk about practice. Band practice that is. Brian and Zacky both play guitar with Bri playing lead and Zacky playing rhythm. Johnny plays the bass and Jimmy is on the drums. Right now they don't have a singer. They did, but he got locked up. So for now they just play the music, although Brian and Jimmy will sometimes sing. They haven't had any gigs in a while, what with no lead singer, but they still effing rock.

Back to lunch. I looked over to where the preps sat on the outside benches. I saw Matt sitting next to Liz. He kinda looked bored. I saw that he would glance over at our tree and Liz also would look over. She is no doubt telling him about us. Or, the us, that the preps see.

“What are we doing this weekend?” Zack asked.

“I don’t know.” Jimmy answered.

“We should go to our spot and get wasted.” Bri suggested. The guys agreed.

“How about you Raindrop? Gonna come?” Jimmy asked me using the nickname he gave me. I nodded my head telling them yes. Well today was Wednesday so we had two more days till the weekend.

The bell rang and the guys all grumbled, not wanting to go back to class. When we stood up, Jimmy crouched down in front of me.

“Hop on.” he said, so I did. He gave me a piggyback ride to my locker. Then to his, and finally to English class, where he set me down at my desk at the back of the room. He took his seat next to me. Turns out Matt is in this class and the teacher has him sit in the empty seat in front of me. When he walked back he gave me a small smile. Jimmy saw this and almost growled at him. Jimmy is very protective of me. A lot of people think we're dating cause we are so close, but we’re not. He’s like my second brother.

English went by pretty slow. We were learning about Ernest Hemingway, well everyone else was, Jimmy and I were playing hangman instead. When the bell finally rang, Jimmy and I headed off to gym class. This is the only class all five of us had together. I went into the locker room and changed into a long-sleeved shirt and sweat pants. When I was changed I went out to the gym. The guys were already there and playing a game of basketball so I went to the bleachers and sat down.

While I was sitting there, I saw Matt on the other end of the gym with the jocks and preps. They guys were playing basketball and the girls were sitting down talking. I was watching Matt and he's a good basketball player. He had on b-ball shorts and a shirt with the sleeves cut off. I saw him glance down our way a couple times. Why was he always looking over towards us all the time? Why do I even care? Why do my thoughts seem to keep on drifting to him? I don’t even know the kid and yet I can’t seem to get him out of my head.

There was about fifteen minutes left of class when the guys stopped playing. Bri and Johnny were teamed against Jimmy and Zacky. Poor Johnny though, couldn’t get a shot passed Jimmy cause he is so short and Jimmy, well, Jimmy’s a walking skyscraper. It's a funny sight to see really.

“Who won, Rain?” Zack asked. I wasn’t paying attention to their game, so I just pointed to Bri and Johnny, saying they won.

“No way. They didn’t win.” Jimmy exclaimed.

“Yeah, we totally beat them.” Zack said. I shrugged my shoulder and point to Bri and Johnny again.

“Oh that’s it. You lie. Zack, get her.” Jimmy yelled and him and Zack ran towards me. I jumped off the bleachers and ran. They chased me while Johnny and Bri were laughing. I almost made it back to the bleachers so I could hide behind Bri, when Jimmy tackled me to the ground. He turned me over so he was straddling me, and Zack is holding my arms down.

“Now tell me who won.” Jimmy demanded. I pointed to Bri and Johnny.

“Wrong answer.” he said. “Zack, let’s do this.” Next thing I know they are both tickling me. Soon Johnny and Brian joined in and all four of them are tickling me. I was silently laughing so hard; I had tears streaming down my face. They eventually stopped and we all lay where we were. We knew everyone was probably watching us, but we didn’t care. We just lie there till class was dismissed, which was only five minutes later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be great.