The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

One

Helena
Fame almost always goes to people’s heads. They think they know everything and it always has to be about them, no matter the situation. In a rock band, that fame could destroy the relationships that they formed and cherished.

“Surprised!!” we all yelled as my older brother, Bob, and Ray walked into the room. Bob had a sheer look of shock and surprise. I laughed warmly as I walked towards him and hugged him tightly.

“Did you do all this?” he smiled as he scanned the small room filled with people and massive amount of balloons. Everyone from My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday and our family were here to celebrate his day.

“Maybe, but I had a lot of help,” I replied and he kissed my cheek in a brotherly way.
“Thank you, you’re the best sister a brother could ask for.” From then on the party was a huge hit and everyone was having fun or at least I thought so. As I was making my rounds, I felt someone grab my hand. I looked down and it was Gerard.

“Baby, can we go now?” he asked. I sighed and shook my head.

“Gerard why would you even ask that? It’s my brother’s party.”

“But I’m not having fun,” he whined.

“Can it not always be about you Gerard,” I told him then ripped my head out of his.

Holly
Frank squeezed my shoulder with his hand and pointed to Gerard, he started ranting but I could barely make out a word he was saying, he just kept motioning toward Gerard who didn’t look too pleased. Helena passed by him and he grabbed her hand. She gave him a pleading look and shook her head. He was asking her to leave, no doubt. That was a pretty shitty thing to do anyway. She had been excited for this party for weeks now, there were so many people she wanted to meet and he knew it. Typical Gerard, tying to make everything about him.

Just as I was about to intervene, he let her go and started sulking. Frank pulled out his phone and started typing fervently. I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket and pulled it out. I’m getting sick of him Holly. He’s acting like such a baby.

I looked over at him with an annoyed expression and he grinned. Well of course. It’s Gee, baby. What do you say we head back? The bus is empty. I hit send and shoved my phone back into my pocket. Frank opened his phone and stood up, accidentally hitting me in the back of the head when his arm left my shoulder. I laughed at his eagerness and took my time getting up just to bug him. “Come on Holly.” He groaned, right when the music ended to change into a new song. I laughed harder when everyone turned to look at him and took his hand.

We were almost to the door when Gerard ran up and wrapped an arm around each of us, “Where are you headed?” He shouted. Frank rolled his eyes and made a thrusting motion. I smacked his arm and shook my head at Gerard. “We’re going back to the bus.” I gave Frank a sharp look, “To hang out. It’s been a while since we’ve been together, just us two.” I hinted, trying to get Gerard to go back inside. He just ignored me and turned to Frank, “Aw come one, I’m you’re best friend, you can’t just kick me out of the bust with nothing to do.” I shoved Gerard’s arm off my shoulder and walked ahead a little faster. “Yes he can Gee. I’m his fucking girlfriend and he already spends all his time with you and the band. I just want one night. Is that so much to ask for.”

Frank ran up beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. “Frank you can’t seriously choose her over me, she’s just some girl.” Nice move Gee. Fran turned around and almost ran right into Gerard. “She’s not some girl.” Frank fumed, his voice echoing loudly in the hotel lobby. A few people glanced at us and walked further away. I spotted Helena coming around the corner with Adam Lazzara right as Gerard stepped forward and pushed Frank. He stumbled backwards a little bit and scowled at Gerard. “You know not everything has to be about you!” Helena’s head shot up in our direction and I gave her a look, saying I needed help. She excused herself from Adam and ran over, forcing herself between Frank and Gerard.

“What the hell is going on?” She asked in a low almost scary voice. Gerard stuttered a bit and pointed to Frank. “It’s all his fault.” I rolled my eyes and looked at Helena. “He’s being a selfish ass… for the millionth time.” Frank replied. He grit his teeth and ran his hands through his hair. “You know what Gerard? Fuck the band, and fuck you. I’m through.”

We all went silent and I just kept my eyes fixed on Frank. He couldn’t be serious. It was the most awkward experience of my life. Frank grabbed my hand abruptly and pulled me out the doors, yelling “Tell Bob happy birthday!” at Helena.

“What the fuck did you just do Frank!?” He sighed and pulled me into a hug. “I don’t know Holly… he just, he gets me so mad sometimes. It’s always Gee this, Gee that.” I rubbed his back and nodded. “I know… I just don’t see how quitting the band helps the situation.”

He pulled back and looked over through the glass doors. “It’s not just me Holly. The whole band feels this way. I didn’t have any other choice. No matter how much we talk to him about it he just doesn’t listen.”

Helena
“Thanks again Adam, you were a big help,” I thanked him as he walked with me to pay the bill.
“No problem, any friend of Gerard’s is a friend of mine,” Adam said with a pleasant smile. We were just about to turn the corner when I heard someone yelling.

“You know not everything has to be about you!”

I quickly shot my head up and noticed that the yelling was coming from Frankie. He was standing there along with Gerard and Holly, and I knew by the look on her face, trouble was near.

“Sorry Adam, but I have to take care of something,” I excused myself from him and quickly made my way towards them, “What the hell is going here?”

“It’s all his fault,” Gerard told me.

“He’s being a selfish ass…for the millionth time,” Frankie said angrily, “You know what Gerard? Fuck the band, and fuck you. I’m through.” I was in complete shock and dumbfounded by what Frankie said. I was so shocked that I almost did not realize that Frankie had left until he yelled, “Tell Bob Happy Birthday.”

“Are you happy now? Your best friend just quit the band!” I harshly yelled at him.
“He’ll be back,” he waved him off.

“No Gerard, he’s gone. He’s done with you and how self center you are. I mean I can’t even remember the last time you did something nice for me. We’ve been together for years now Gerard, and the last thing you did was throw me my own prom. I’m sick of it,” I complained and his expression turned mean.

“Then fine, if you don’t like me as your boyfriend, then maybe you should find a different bed to sleep in tonight, cause I don’t want you in mine,” he yelled loudly where a few heads were turn. My mouth dropped as he slid on his sunglasses and headed towards the door. I was left alone in the lobby feeling hopeless and alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading =] comments are greaty appreciated.