Speed Dialing

It Started Out with a Kiss

Marilyn

Might as well give you all some background about my parents. My dad, Roger Albert Highmore, was in the army and is a retired technician. My mom, Victoria Lillian Highmore, runs her own beauty salon which is where my love for all cosmetics alike has come from.
My mom is basically the cool one of the two, in fact, she approves of mostly everything I do. Most people would say she’s a bad parent but I love her either way. My dad, on the other hand, is more strict so he makes up for the lack of discipline my mom has. My dad has driven mostly every guy crazy to the point where they break up with me. Now you know why I’ve been single for a while.
This whole meeting event was scaring the shit out of me because what if Gerard left me? Oh and we still had to tell them I was pregnant. Oh, wouldn’t this be joyous?
“I presume you are Gerard?” My dad stated as he reached his hand out to shake Gerard’s. Gerard in return shook his head, “Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Highmore.” My dad looked at Gerard up and down and made a slight face, causing my cheeks to flush into a bright pink. Gerard on the other hand, handled this well just by smiling in return.
“Oh, honey!” Cooed my mom, pulling Gerard into a hug, “Only the best for my little Mari-Lou!” I buried my face in my hands. Even as a twenty-four-year-old, my mom still found a way to embarrass me. Gerard chuckled at this nickname and spoke, “Mari-Lou?” “You call me that and you die.” I told him sternly, not wanting anyone to call me that.
“Oh, honey, you know you love it.” My mom told me, scoffing. “Pleasure to meet both of you.” Gerard stated, interrupting what I was going to say.
I then turned to Gerard’s parents and smiled widely. “U-Uhm, hi.” I greeted, blushing as I recalled that I’m not so skilled when it comes to meeting parents. I looked up to see Gerard’s mother staring down at me –seeing as I’m rather short-. I stretched out my hand to shake hers but instead, she hugged me. “Donna Lee Way, pleased to meet you!” She stated in a rather happy voice which I was rather surprised about.
I then turned to look at Gerard’s father, whom I shook hands with. He grinned as he talked and his grin was similar to Gerard’s, which made me smile in return. “Donald Way!" His voice boomed, making me giggle.
“Now, tell me, darling, how did you start dating this fine man?” My mom asked causing me to remember the rather strange events that led to our first date.

“Ugh, c’mon Gerard, don’t be a pussy!” Frank whined, sitting cross legged in a circle with five other boys and five girls. Gerard made a face and sighed, “Spin the bottle has never been my thing, Frank. Plus, most of these people are drunk anyway.”
“Gerard, seriously, get over it! Just sit your ass down and play.” Frank commanded, making a face as well. Mikey looked around and then spoke, “Hey, there’s a bigger amount of guys now.”
“Not anymore!” Matt stated, pulling me down to the floor. “Oof!” I grunted as my ass met the wooden floor. I rubbed my back and made a face before I spoke, “Do I really have to?”
“Yes.” Both Mikey and Ray stated in monotone. Ray rolled his eyes and nodded, “Yes, you absolutely have to.” “Ugh fine.” I crossed my arms and pouted.
It was about ten minutes later where it was Gerard’s turn to spin the bottle. I couldn’t help but feel jealousy over the lucky girl who would get to kiss Gerard. Ever since Gerard and I kissed that one day, nothing has been the same. He’s quieter around me and it’s really bugging the hell out of me. I guess I do like Gerard. Ugh!
“Marilyn!? Helloooo?” Ray waved his hand in front of my face, causing me to break free of my daydream. “Huh- yeah?” I looked around and then my eyes landed on Gerard who was looking straight back at me. I looked down to find that the bottle was pointing towards me. I blushed darkly, “U-Uh, well, I guess- I don’t know..” I would have rambled more but Gerard’s hands pulled my face towards his and our lips crashed against each other.
We could have stopped kissing, we really could have. Here’s the thing; we didn’t. It felt so amazing to feel his lips against mine, it was like a rush.
“Okay, guys, you can stop now!” Frank was bursting out in laughter as he tried to get us to stop. I pulled away and stood up, “I’m done.” I hurriedly stated cheeks red. Gerard followed in suit, hastily following me. His hand grabbed mine, forcing me to turn around.
“Hey.” Gerard’s grin just made me melt inside and smile in return.
“Hey."
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
I like suggestions!
This particular suggestion [the whole date thing] came from Seance! (: