Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Delicate.

Mike hovered protectively behind Jay as he made his way up the stairs.

"We could always take the elevator." He suggested. Jay laughed.
"If you're going to treat me like some fucking china doll, then I swear to whatever god is up there that I will punch you right in the face."

The pair laughed, and Mike looped his arm around Jay's waist and helped him up the stairs.

"Mike?"
"What?"
"I don't want you to tell them about the HIV."
"Why not?" Mike demanded, staring at him in shock.
"Because I'm not any different. And you lot are already going to be watching me like a bloody hawk because of the liver...I don't need...that."

Jay looked down. Before the silence could stretch out and cause awkwardness, Mike hugged him.

"I understand. You don't want to feel weak."

Jay laughed.

"Oh, it's not about me FEELING weak. I know I'm weak. I just don't want anyone to know."

~~~

"Good to have you back, Jay."
"Yeah, yeah." Jay smiled at Tre. "Now someone get me a beer."

There was dead silence and Jay burst out laughing.

"I was just KIDDING."

They partied for hours, playing The Clash at top volume. Tony and Jay got into an argument over which band had more musical talent. Tre got smashed, heaved the television out the window and then lay giggling on the hotel room floor.

Robert sang along to 'Walk This Way' by Aerosmith, very loudly and very off-key. He got steadily louder, until it sounded more like he was singing Metallica than Aerosmith. Tom pushed him into a chair, dropped onto his lap and procceded to draw in magic marker on his face. Robert sat there, dazed, letting Tom write all sorts of obscene things on his face. Then he passed out.

"Great party, eh?" Billie Joe asked, dropped down next to a very sober Jay. Jay scowled.
"It would be. But it's a bit funny that I'm sitting here, nothing to do, while you lot are all having a blast."

And before Billie could say another word, Jay limped his way out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

"What's happened?" Mike asked, slurring his words horribly. Billie shrugged.
"I dunno. Jay must've needed something, 'cause he just left."
"He LEFT?"
"Yeah...bought fifteen minutes ago."

Mike staggered over to the door, tried to open it, failed and kicked it savagely, screaming all sorts of curses at it.

"YOU FUCKING, ASSHOLE, SORRY FUCKING EXCUSE FOR A DOOR! OPEN THE FUCK UP!"

Tony walked over to him, and turned the knob in the opposite direction.

"Good luck, sweetheart."

~~~

Jay sat at the bar, staring down into his vodka. It wasn't solving anything, getting drunk.

But then again, he was dying right now. Why prolong it?

"Bartender?"
"What?" The man shouted, looking at Jay with annoyance. The slutty woman he'd been chatting with gave him a filthy look.
"I want more vodka."
"Here." He slid a bottle down the bar. "That'll keep you occupied for a while."

Jay knew exactly what was in that bottle. Probably some of that exceptionally strong liquor. The kind that could put you out in an instant.

He poured himself a glass, took a sip. Then his head exploded and fell over backwards, giggling to himself.

"Wow...fucking...jesus christ..."

And then he passed out.