No One Left to Love Them

One

She could feel the wind on her face, blowing her long wispy hair backwards, tangling it madly. She didn’t care, really. She was too occupied with the feeling of freedom at hand. It felt great. She couldn’t hear the screaming and taunting with the breeze rushing past her ears. Nor could she see through closed eyes the faces they made. Those faces of utter disgust and absolute hate. Her tears evaporated almost as soon as they appeared, leaving no trace of sadness. If it wasn’t for the surrounding circumstances you’d think she was happy, the faint smile on her face a clue to her feelings. You’d assume everything was okay. You’d be way off. I mean sure, she thinks it’s all okay now. She’s permanently fixing her problems. But a few minutes ago, it wasn’t. It was not okay. He’d called her again. She hated his apologies, she really did. He’d never fix her and she knew it. No one could. All was lost. She refused to let him waste his time. It was her that was sorry.

He loved her. Now he was sure she loved him too, he could have sworn upon it. Up to a few minutes ago he’d been so unsure. Now he knew exactly how she felt. It saddened him that she wouldn’t give in to her heart. He’d give anything to be her one and only like he once was. He wanted those days back. He threw his phone across the room when she hung up on him, her last words a whispered apology. She seemed to be rushing to go, but not in a hurry for anything. He was worried. He really loved her. Where was she? He wanted to be there for her to cry on, to cling to. Why would she not allow herself to love him? Or rather, why was she trying to stop him from loving her? She never could. He wanted to make her happy. Fuck the world, as long as she’s okay. But she never was anymore. After the loss of her family, there was no one left to love her. She was crushed. It’s expected. She cut herself off from the world; locked her door, unhooked the phone. He hated it when she got that bad. He’d end up breaking in through her window and hugging her until she stopped shaking. She used to stop shaking. These days, she locked the window too.

She eventually hit the ground. In slow motion for her, her fall took a mere few seconds. Those were the best few seconds she’d had in a long time. Now she assumed it’d all be okay. He could move on if she wasn’t around to hold him back. She was sick of letting him down all the time, the disappointed and pained look on his face each time cutting her deep. He was free from her...she truly thought that.

When he heard, he swore he’d never love again. He failed her and now she’s gone. He couldn’t help her. Gone forever. He locked the door and unhooked the phone. There was no one left to love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)