No Flaws When You're Pretending

Awkward

We drove in Brendon's car for about an hour, going somewhere where no one would hopefully know us. We found a park and just went there.

"Swings!" I cried when I saw the little playground. I ran straight for the swings, jumping into one happily and started to swing.

Brendon was not far behind, laughing at me. He sat on the swing next to mine and started to swing.

"This is so much fun," I said, smiling at Brendon. "I love swings."

"I can tell," he said. "By the way, you look good today."

"Thanks to you," I said. Brendon smiled.

"Naw," he said. "You do that all on your own."

I felt myself blush. I didn't know what to say. What can you say to that? I guess 'Thank you' would be ok. Maybe I should try being bold.

"You don't look half bad yourself," I said smiling at him. Now it was his turn to blush. Maybe I shouldn't have tried bold. Now this was a little awkward. I looked a way and we just continue to swing in silence. After a little while, my legs started to get tired so I slowed down till I could get off safely. I turned and watched Brendon swing. "That was fun. But now my legs are tired."

"Wimp," he said. He grinned at me. Awkward moment forgotten.

"I am not a wimp," I said.

"Prove it," he said, continuing to swing. I got in the way of his swing, preparing to try and stop him. He came right toward me, his feet pointing at me. He put his feet down when he realized what I was doing and held out his arms. I barely got a glimpse of his worried expression as he ran into me. I fell backwards and Brendon fell off his swing next to me. I started laughing hysterically. Then Brendon started laughing.

"W-What's s-so funny?" Brendon said.

"I-I d-don't k-now," I said, laughing so hard now that it was getting harder to breathe. Finally the laughing quieted to giggles and we both sat up.

"Are you ok?" Brendon finally asked.

"I'm great," I said, smiling at Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this chapter :P
Comments??
~Sally