Destined To Be

The News

Meg’s P.O.V.

Okay so I’m sitting in my room doing my homework when my mom comes in.

“Hey mom what’s up?” I ask.

“Well Meg I need to talk to you about something.” She said with sadness in her voice.
“Sure shoot.” I reply not expecting what she was going to say.

“Well honey your father got a new and better job.” “Wow that’s great.” I replied enthusiastically, thinking of what we could do with more money.

“Well dear I don’t think you get it. Your father’s new job is in Wisconsin. We have to move there.” She told me.

Wait did she just say we have to move? No it couldn’t be that.

“WHAT?! Were moving? But why I have all my friends and my school here.” I said with tears building in my eyes.

My mother looked at me with sorrow filled eyes, “I’m sorry honey there is nothing I can do. You’ll make new friends after a while.”

“I don’t want new friends I want to keep the ones I have now!”

With that said I ran out of the house and down the street to Kelly’s place. I franticly knocked on the door until Kelly answered.

“Meg what’s wrong?”
“I’M MOVING!” I screamed a little louder than I thought I did.

“Whoa meg you don’t need to scream.”
“Sorry but I don’t want to move” I said.
“Well first off where are you moving to?”
“Wisconsin.” I told her.

“When are you moving?” she asked.
“I believe on Friday” I answered kind of remembering what my mom told me.
“Well I don’t like it that you’re moving but there’s not much we can do. But we’ll just have to make the best of what time we have left together.” Kelly said calming me a little.

“Thanks Kelly I feel a lot better now.”
“You’re welcome, and remember call me when ever you need to okay”
“Okay” I replied.

“Well lets get you back to you’re place your parents are probably worried. Let’s go”

And with that we walked on out the door down the street to my house.