I'll Swim the Ocean for You

Chapter 21

“Yes, I’m okay Mason.” I said hugging him.
“Are you sure?” He said.
“Yes. It’s a definite.” I said smiling up at him. He smiled back and ruffled my hair.
“Kay, kiddo.” He said suddenly hearing his phone ring. He ran into the bedroom trying not to miss a call. He came back with the phone up to his ear. I sent him a questioning look and he mouthed ‘Beckett’. I smiled I kissed his cheek. He closed the phone smiling.
“Beckett just told me that a manager of an upcoming tour wanted to see Boys Like Girls, Metro Station, The Academy Is…, and Nevershoutnever for a meeting concerning a tour for next year.” He said showing a toothy grin.
“Awesome!” I said hugging him.
“He said we might have to play a song so I’m going to practice, cause whatever Boys Like Girls can do I can do better.” He said in a fake intimidating voice.
“Okay.” I said pecking his lips “I’ll go get ready.”
“Okay.” He said pecking my lips. I walked to the bedroom, hearing Mason practice, and getting a pair of red skinny leg jeans and a Metro Station shirt. I walked to the shower area and got ready. I took a shower and dried my hair. I straightened my hair and put eyeliner on in all 30 minutes. I walked out, putting my dirty clothes back in my overnight bag, and walked back into the living room area where Mason was practicing. He looked up and smiled, finishing the song and putting his guitar back in its case. After he got it all put away he kissed my cheek and went to go get ready. I smiled as Bryan burst through the door smiling.
“I don’t remember leaving the door unlocked.” I said blankly.
“I have a key.” He said holding the key up, still smiling.
“How’d the date go?”
“Oh so wonderful.” He said still smiling and sitting beside me.
“Do you have a new girlfriend?”
“Yep!”
“Ah.”
“Are you still asleep?”
“Sort of. They always say showers wake you up. Whoever came up with that is a real idiot, or a morning person.”
“That’s right. You speak it Blairey. Stand up to the man.” He said blankly. We both let out a sigh and leaned back on the couch. Mason walked in, wearing red skinny leg jeans and a Boys Like Girls shirt, another shirt on under it that went to his elbows. “Yay Mason!” he said jumping up and down. Mason walked over to me, pulled me up, and stood behind me.
“Take the girl.” He said. We laughed and Bryan left saying he needed to finish getting stuff ready for the meeting. “Hey Blaire, one band you can’t get enough of that you haven’t met. Name it.”
“The Maine.” I said yawning.
“Another.”
“Cute Is What We Aim For.”
“Another.”
“Mayday Parade-What are you doing?”
“Quizzing you. You like all those teen-scene bands.”
“Hey, last time I checked I’m eight-teen.” I said emphasizing ‘teen’.
“You’re right.” He said laughing.
“And you’re nine-teen, so you don’t have room to talk.” I said laughing and wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.
“Come on Blaire, Mason. We got to go!” Paul said sounding like a 5-year old.
“We’re coming.” I said. Mason put on a pair of shoes, and I slipped on flip-flops.
“Do we need instruments, Paul?” Mason asked.
“No, they now have our cds.” He said running down the hallway. Mason had a jacket with him and put it on and we ran out and down the stairs, cell phones in our pockets. We locked the door behind us. It was about 45 degrees outside, fall-ish. We made our way to the elevator, then reaching the lobby ran out to the limo that would take us to the city. We were just outside of the bustling streets and the busy roads. It was a charity who wanted to make a tour so they could raise a bit of money. The limo pulled into a parking lot and we got out, the limo driver pointing us in the direction. The office was just down the sidewalk from where the limo was parked. The driver told us he would stay there and wait for us to finish. We nodded and all started walking to the office. Bryan and Kayla were acting all love-birdish and I feel like Bryan’s actually found a girl, other than me, that’ll be there for him. His past girlfriends are like my past boyfriends. They ditch you when things get a little rough. When you want to follow a dream, or when you want to help someone follow a dream. I got cold chills from the wind and Mason looked over and took off his jacket, wrapping it around me then grabbing my hand. I looked up at him and smiled, him smiling back and pecking my lips quickly, incase paparazzi was around. We looked at the small building in front of us and we were in awe. It was a small foundation that was trying to raise money to give toys and to give shots to children in Africa. We started walking in, and going to the receptionist desk.
“Are you the bands?” the woman said. Her voice was scratchy and soft. Her appearance was plain. Long ratty brown hair, old dresses that look like the 70’s threw up on her, the huge glasses.
“Yes ma’am.” Christofer said walking forward to hear the woman. We all followed suit, and she typed something on her computer then motioning for us to walk into the other room.
“Creepy.” Mason said in my ear kissing my cheek in the process. I smiled and he intertwined our fingers. We walked in the door and closed it behind us. It revealed a long table made of wood. There were chairs around it, and one chair at the end holding a plump man, who looked like he needed to work at a bank and not a charity.
“Go ahead, take a seat.” The man said. “It doesn’t matter where.”
We all walked to random spots. I was in between Mason and Christofer.
“Now I hear you’re all decent bands. I went out and got your cds. Loved them. Now let me hear this: would you like to go on the tour, because if not we wont bother you about it at all.” We all nodded our heads. “It’s going to be wonderful starting this tour with such talented people.” He handed us numbers and we exchanged names, then leaving the office waving to the woman at the receptionist desk. We walked onto the street and Mason wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me close to him. I pecked his cheek and we walked back to the limo, going back to the hotel, and leaving to go to the rooms.
Once we got back to the rooms Mason closed the door and locked it behind him.
“Hey Blaire I wanted to give you something.” Mason said going to his bag and getting something out of it. He walked over and opened the box revealing an adorable necklace with a ‘B’ and an ‘M’ together, made into an elegant locket. It was silver- and gorgeous.
“Oh my gosh.” I said trying not to attack him with kisses and hugs, which I knew he wanted. I gave him a hug and kissed him. “Thank you.” I said smiling.
“I wanted to show you I loved you more than you’d ever know.” He opened the locket and it had a picture of us both and in writing it said ‘There is one person, who would kill to see your smile, then there are ones who would kill to be the cause of your smile. The meaning of your smile.’ I wonder what that means. I kissed him again and he kissed back, a soft sweet kiss.
MASON’S POV
I gave her my heart. Well a locket in the shape of a heart. And with my mom’s quote on the inside made me feel happy, and I knew Blaire loved it. I put the necklace around her neck, and we kissed again. Gosh, I love her. I don’t want to marry her yet, but I want to so bad. I know its going to happen, we wont be teens forever, but I’d rather see how the future will end up. Ugh, I’m so stressed. But not because of Blaire, because of my stupid voice in my head, my gut feeling, and the way my heart feels. It may sound like a simple decision, but…I need to talk to my mom. Face to face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw :] I just fell in love with Mason all over again :]
I got a new matress and box spring today, and we're picking it up on Monday :]
I've got to clean my room so we can fit it through the door, so I made Mason think of marriage again.
Ha- when in all doubt, think about marriage.
I think this chapter really sums up Mason and Blaire's relationship.
I got the Metro Station cd and The Maine's cd today, so while I was working on cleaning I got inspiration.
I have to do homework tommorrow too, because I decided to put it off all weekend.
Comment it and I'll try to write a bit tomorrow :]
-B