I'm Not Crazy.

Chapter 1

Her eyes gazed at the white walls. All there was, was a chair, her thin matress, and a window of course. But the window was shallow. Lifeless. The top and bottom met with five metal bars. She could barely see out into the open. She wanted to see the green grass again, the blue sky, and Brooke. There was no color in the room. Not even black. It was all a chalky white. Plain and ordinary. Nothing creative. All she could do was stare at the walls. "If the walls could talk," she thought, "They would know my pain and suffering." She hadn't heard a voice in over a week. All the nurses would do, was, hand her a meal and leave. She hadn't heard her own voice in a month. It wasn't that she refused to talk, it was just that she couldn't talk. All the nurses thought she was being stubborn, but, that wasn't the case at all. She wished she could hear her own voice again. Even Brooke's voice. Her arms were sore from being in that straight jacket for so long. She wished that she could escape, but, it seemed to be impossible.

It was very silent. Even her mind was quiet. There were no thoughts. Her stomach growled loudly. They didn't care about her. They would let her starve if they wanted. Suddenly the huge door clicked open and a female nurse walked in with a needle, pills, and her meal. She looked up with scared eyes. She wasn't use to people. The nurse unbuttoned her jacket and gently grabbed her arm. She whined and tried to scoot back, but, she was under her strong grip. "It's okay..." she whispered. Finally a voice she can hear. She started to cry, tears sliding down her face. She opened her mouth, but, no words could escape. "I won't hurt you.." she said. "Why do you have such a long needle then...?" she thought. She relaxed and she pushed the sharp end onto her flesh. It dug into her skin and stung. A whine fell from her lips. It slid into a vain as she emptied the liquid into her system. She pulled the needle out of her smooth skin and taped cotton to her arm to stop the bleeding. She then, held the pill bottle, unscrewing the cap and taking out three pills. The nurse bent down and placed a pill at the entrance of her mouth. "Open up." she said. She squeezed her eyes shut and looked down. She felt a soft hand lift her chin up. She opened her eyes to see soft, blue ones staring back at her. "Please Yana?" The patient blinked. How did the nurse know her name? Yana nodded and slowly released her jaw. The nurse slid two pills inside her hot mouth and handed her a cup of water. Yana swallowed and did the same to the last pill. The nurse stood and picked up the tray of food. She handed Ayana the tray. "I'll sit over there and wait untill you're finished." The nurse spoke, walking across the room, sitting in the chair. Yana sat there. She was out of the dreadful straight jacket. She could wave her arms about if she wished to. She looked around, her eyes landing on the door. This was it. She could escape this horrid place. She looked at the nurse who was looking at her shoes. Probably giving her the privacy to eat. She stood and ran to the door, knocking her tray over in the process. The food landed on the floor making a loud crash. The nurse looked up as Yana desperately clawed at the door, trying to get it open. The patient failed, miserably landing on the floor. She sobbed and banged at the floor. The nurse in surprise, ran to Yana. She held her back from the door and held her close, rocking her back and forth and shushing her. She brushed her hair. "Shhh...it's okay now.." The nurse purred. Yana stopped crying and slowly, her breathing bacame normal as she layed in the unknown nurse's arms. The nurse stood and held Yana whom looked very sleepy. She walked the patient back over to her bed and pulled the blanket over her torso. The nurse picked up the strewn food and tray, and, opened the door with her key. She pushed the door open and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is our first story. Yay us. =]
D[me], thought of this story.
Comment please. =]