Friday, I'm In Love

Thursday

Thursday
I had to get up early this morning, mostly because I was meeting Gerard in the art room for help with my canvas but partly because I hoped I’d get to see you if I went to breakfast early. I didn’t see you though. Which sucked, by the way.

I got to the art studio to see Gerard already at work on one of his many masterpieces. His works have been dotted proudly around the school for as long as I can remember. He’s always been a protégé when it comes to art.

“Wow,” I sighed, staring up at the figure he seemed to be painting. It was an angel.

“Whoa, hey, you scared me,” he smiled, warmly.

“I move quietly,” I grinned, almost laughing at my own ‘joke’ before remembering Gerard had no idea who Curley or his wife was. I am such a dork.

He smiled, “You are perfect for him…”

“Hm?”

“Don’t worry.”

I hate it when people say that. Of course I’ll worry if you say don’t worry.

“Don’t worry Phoebe, I’ll be fine at home alone, you go to school, don’t worry about your old mom.”

I always worry.

“So, where’s your canvas?” Gerard asked and I gestured to the poor excuse for ‘art’ sitting on its lonesome in the far corner of the room.

“It’s ugly. It belongs in the ugly home.”

“I’ll see about that,” he said, placing my canvas on the desk and staring intently at it. The silence was so perfect I almost had a heart attack when he broke the silence, “You’ve drawn my brother.”

That’s a new one.

“You what?”

“You’ve. Painted. Mikey. And not just once… your sketchbook is filled with him,” Gee stated, as he began to flick through the pages of my sketchbook.

“No I haven’t…” I began, but sure enough you face was plastered across nearly every page, “Oh my God, it is him…”

“Is that normal?” Gerard mused, “Why on earth would you draw Mikey?”

“He’s beautiful?”

Gerard choked, “Aww! You love my brother!”

“Do not!” I replied, childishly, but I knew I was found out. Damn you, Gerard Way!

“I knew it! But I never thought I’d get it out of you so easy! How long?”

I glared at him, “Since I was about eleven…”

“Phoebe. You are just about the sweetest girl I’ve ever met,” Gerard giggled, ruffling my hair, what is with the Way brother’s and hair-ruffling? “Now, how will we get you together?”

“Get who together?” you asked from the doorway. Nice timing.

“No one,” Gerard said before sniffing, “Dude, did you bring coffee?”

“Yeah, want some?” you smile, passing Gee a cup and then passing one to me, “Wow! Who painted that?”

You gestured towards my canvas and I immediately panicked, sending Gerard a look of pure fear.

“Oh, I did,” he said quickly, “I drew it of you, baby brother!”

You grin, “Aw, I love it!”

I blushed as you embraced your brother before settling yourself astonishingly close to me on the table.

Gerard grinned at me knowingly and I sighed before you piped up.

“Hey! You guys are speaking!”

Gerard grunted, “Dude, you know I was on my Man Period yesterday, I was just a little pissed off, Pheob’s knows I didn’t mean to upset her.”

You stared at me for a moment and I suddenly felt naked; and extremely cold. I knew it had been a bad decision to wear a sleeveless shirt today; I shivered noticeably, my, finally straight, hair falling over my face as I stared intently at my shoes.

You grunted in derision, jumping up from the table and pulling Gerard by the sleeve out of the art studio. I instantly felt scared. What was running through your mind? Why were you mad? Were you mad?

Gerard returned alone and my eyebrows knitted together.

“Where’s Mikey?” I asked, but he ignored me, shaking his head incredulously, “What?”

“Mikey thinks there is something is going on between me and you,” I snorted, thinking he was joking.

“A-are you serious?” I spluttered, my eyes wide as he fought back a smile.

“Completely serious, he was all like ‘Are you two dating?’ and I was like “No dude, she’s not my type,’ and then he went all silent before going ‘I don’t believe you’ and walking off. It was weird. Which brings me on to my next point – ”

“Oh my God! This is terrible! He can’t think that! What will he think of me?”

“Calm down, honey, this only means it’ll be easier to get you together!” Gerard squealed, yet I could still not see the upside of the situation.

I grabbed all of my canvas’ and shoved them back into their dark corner, much to Gerard’s distaste as he murmured ‘They’re not as bad as you think they are…’ and grabbed my sketchbook, shoving it into my bag.

“Where do you think he went?” I asked Gerard, my words almost unintelligible.

He shrugged, “My best guess is the dorm, he doesn’t have many lessons today. What are you gonna do?”

“I’m gonna tell him we’re not together and then – ”

“You’re gonna kiss him?” Gerard interjected and I frowned. I’d never ever kissed anybody before. I didn’t really want to be the one to initiate it. This thought made me wish that you’d kissed me on Tuesday night. I frowned as memories of hair ruffling filled my brain.

“No, I’m gonna talk to him.”

“Actions speak louder than words, Phoebe.”

I nodded, “I’ll remember that.”

♣

I made a good attempt at running with coordination, bearing in mind that I’m not the most physical of people. I can barely walk without tripping over my own feet, but I seemed to be doing a pretty good job… until I got to the stairs of the boy’s dorms and decided not to risk running and falling all the way back down.

My shoes were squeaking as I walked hastily up the stairs. I wanted to be inconspicuous but I doubted that would work. If you couldn’t hear my shoes you could almost definitely hear my laboured breathing. God, I’m so unfit.

I knew for a fact that your room was on the 3rd floor and was glad to find an index of all the rooms by the 3rd floor manager’s office. I quickly located your room and ran to it, not thinking before banging haphazardly on the door.

Tiffany Andrews answered the door..

Her hair was all messy and she was wearing the shortest skirt I’d ever seen.
I was pretty sure she could hear my heart breaking, but if she did, she didn’t let on. I could tell because she didn’t give me a sympathetic smile, because not only is she popular, she’s nice.

“Oh, hey…”

“Phoebe,” I muttered, quietly.

“Phoebe, who were you looking for?” her make up was smudged. Her make up’s never smudged. Why is her make up smudged?

“Um, Mikey,” I said tentatively, almost as a question. She sucked in her breath and smiled. I know what’s going on between you and her…

“Sure, I’ll go get him, he’s in the bathroom,” I cut her off as she turned.

“No! It’s fine, I’ve forgotten why I wanted him now…”

She looked at me and I knew what she was thinking. She was thinking there was something wrong with me as I stumbled my way back down the hall, back down the stairs and straight back to my dorm where I’d probably lie in a pool of my own self loathing for at least a week, trying not to imagine you with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Parce que, je t'aime.
Comments/Reviews?
I'm sorry it took so long.
And doesn't Tiffany Andrews sound exactly like Tiffany Blews? Haha, nice one, I'm a pretty good psychic.
This is the second to last proper chapter, because the chapter for Friday is sort of the end, and then the epilogue is gonna be EPIC. Seriously, I want to make something really amazing happen in the epilogue, as a sort of high five to all my readers.
Oh, and if you are awesome, could you read one (or two) of my new oneshots?
You're A Classic and Eyes.
I might do a sequel of the first one...