Breathe

Nights In White Satin

Image

The thick silence was penetrated as the loud blaring of the Moody Blue's 'Nights in White Satin' began playing, causing Rachel to immediately jump up.

"Excuse me one second," She smiled, backing up into the bedroom, where her jeans laid in a crumpled pile.

"I knew it, man. You couldn't keep away."

Questioning eyes stared at the grinning six-four man.

"And why would you say that?"

"She's Rachel." Is all Jared gave as an explanation.

"I'm still in the dark, here," Jensen said, eyebrows raised.

"Even Sandy sees it. I can't believe you don't."

The man on the couch jumped as he heard rustling in his own bedroom, and then his gaze turned back to Jared.

"I still don't-"

"Okay, ever since you've met her, it's been glued to the hip. You two are like fucking Sonny and Cher, minus skiing accident."

"Oh, you're saying we look good in skimpy jumpsuits?"

"Okay, I'll be there soon, I promise!"

The two men's conversation was cut short as they both turned to the flustered brunette. She had all clothes in her hands, and was desperately trying to turn the stove off without catching herself on fire.

"Dammit all to hell!"

She smiled as hand grabbed the knob, turning the HIGH to OFF. Green eyes met with her own, and without the other person being in the room, it probably would've been end of story. Which meant no going home.

"I have to go watch Lilly today, Mom's working," She sighed, giving a small smile, "I'll make ya'll breakfast sometime else."

Both men stared at her for a moment, and she just stood there, looking confused.

"What's up, fellas?"

"You said 'ya'll' in a southern accent," Jared answered.

Rachel smirked, shrugging.

"Bet you didn't know I was from South Carolina, did ya?"

"I'm beginning to get overwhelmed by the things I learn in these short amounts of time," Jared said, a slight grin on his face.
___________________________________________________

"Alright, Lil. I'm tired as shit. So what movie may I fall asleep to?"

A pillow hit the brunette in the face, and she coughed, choked by the sudden amount of cloth in her mouth.

"Okay, what movie may I watch attentively?"

It wasn't ten minutes after the disc was put in place and started playing did the blonde sister notice the body beside her wasn't moving. Not really knowing what her sister had done the night before, she didn't want to push her luck and just left her there. Instead, she tried to enjoy the wonderful-ness of Johnny Depp. Three hours later, the movie was over and her sister was still, well, still. So, she did the nice thing and covered her with a blanket and went upstairs.

Rachel woke up hours later, her head pounding as she realized the phone in her hands was vibrating and ringing in her ear. Fumbling to open the damn thing, she finally managed to flip it.

"Hello?" She grumbled, disoriented and sore from the hours on the couch.

"Did you go home and sleep?"

A small smile creeped on her face as she heard the voice.

"I might have. It was better than enduring my sister drooling over Johnny Depp."

She heard a chuckle and then a "Hey, listen. I want you to do something for me."

"Oh-kay," She responded, as he gave her straight instructions for her to get out of the living room and to the bay window in the kitchen.

Blankly, she followed his voice until she was at the locked windows, and rubbed her eyes to make sure she was getting the full image.

"I can't believe you're outside my fucking house."

"Well, you know I couldn't let you go today after what happened in the shower. And just because Jared came didn't let you off the hook."

"Oh, okay. So, uhh, how are you going to get to me?" She teased, her hand on the lock of the door, as he stood as close as he could on the other side.

"I'm still working on that plan. Actually I was going to ask the lady inside if she would be so kind to unlock the door for me?"

"You're the talented one, Ackles."

The phone was dropped from her hands as he walked inside, and her arms were carelessly thrown around his neck.

"You came all the way over here to kiss me?" She questioned moments later, out of breath.

"Actually, just to ask you the tiniest detail."

"I'm all ears, Mister," She laughed, still hugging tightly around his neck, backed up against the woodframed window.

"I don't think I can go another fucking morning without you sleeping beside me."

She stared at him, searching his eyes for the least bit of humor, and found none.

"My how we move swiftly, Ackles."

"Put me out of my misery and say yes," He pushed, that lone puppy dog look etched all over his face.

"I put you out of your misery," She mumbled, the air being cut off between them as her lips met with his.
______________________________________________________

"Hey, Rachel! Mom's on the phone and she wants to know if-" The girl in the doorway froze, seeing a man with her sister in her sister's bed. She had a feeling she knew this man, and then she felt the sudden urge to hurl.

"Oh, shit. Okay. I'll tell her no, then..." The blonde backed out of the room slowly, slamming the door as she ran down the hall.

"We have a knack for getting caught in awkward situations, don't we?" Jensen questioned, smiling at the girl hovering over top him.