God Bless the Broken Road

Are you okay?

Chapter 12: Are You Okay?

Leigh Ann woke up with one thought in her head; she did not feel good, she did feel good at all. She had a headache, her throat was sore and as she stood up she became unbelievably dizzy, but the boys had a full day scheduled, meaning so did she. There was no time for her to be sick, so she ignored the feelings as best she could and headed for the shower in hopes that it would make her feel better.

Leigh Ann stepped out of the shower feeling no better than she did when she stepped in as she began to get dressed she heard a knock at the door connecting her hotel room to Joe and Nick’s, she quickly threw on a robe and went to open the door.

She opened the door to Joe’s smiling face, “Morning beautiful,” he said as he leaned down to kiss her.

Kissing was something Joe and Leigh Ann tended to do a lot these days, along with holding hands, cuddling, and well you get the picture. Other than Kevin, who had witnessed their first kiss, no one else was supposed to know. They hadn’t told anyone yet, but based on the knowing looks Mrs. Jonas had been giving them lately; Leigh Ann was willing to bet she knew that something was going on between them.

Officially Joe hadn’t asked her to be his girlfriend yet, but to her it really didn’t matter. She loved spending as much time with Joe as she could, an official title as his girlfriend would be nice but the time they spent together is what mattered, and the title of girlfriend or boyfriend wouldn’t change that. As long as they were happy together she didn’t care; nothing else mattered.

She tried her best to smile as she returned the kiss. As Joe pulled back, he placed his hand on her forehead, “Babe, are you feeling alright? You look a little pale.”

Leigh Ann grabbed his hand and kissed it, “I’ll be fine. I don’t feel quite right this morning but once I eat something I should be okay.”

Joe smiled, “Guess it’s a good thing I ordered us room service then huh?”

Leigh Ann stumbled a little and grabbed onto Joe’s arms to steady herself, knocking her rode open a little in the process.

Joe frowned down at her, “Leigh Ann are you sure you’re okay?”

She tried smiling once more, “I’ll be fine, I’m just a little dizzy; that’s all.”

Joe frowned even more, “Are you sure, because I can get mom to call a doctor if you want me to.”

“That won’t be necessary. I’m feeling a little bit better already; I just need to eat something.”

“Alright, if you’re sure,” He replied as took the chance to look her over once more. What he saw made him blush.

“Umm, Leigh Ann not that I don’t like the sight of you in a hotel bathrobe or anything, but I think maybe you should go finish getting dressed.”

Leigh Ann looked down and caught site of her exposed bra causing her to blush beet red, “Yeah, so I’ll go do that,” she said as she headed to the bathroom.

As he waited for her, Joe made himself comfortable on her bed. He had been working up the nerve to ask her something for a while now and every time he thought he could, he just couldn’t seem to work up the courage to do it. After today they had the next few days off and he knew he wanted to ask her, he just wanted the moment to be perfect.

“Hey Leigh Ann,” He called.

“Yeah?” Came her muffled reply.

“You know after today we have the next few days off right?”

“And?” She asked as she came out of the bathroom fully dressed.

Joe rubbed his neck nervously, “And, I was kind of wondering if you maybe wanted to go to dinner with me sometime?”

Leigh Ann dropped the shoe she had been trying to put on with a loud thump.

“You mean like a date?” She nervously asked.

Joe stood up, grabbed her hands and looked down at her, “Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Will you go on a date with me Leigh Ann?”

Leigh Ann didn’t have to try with this smile, it came natural despite the fact that she felt ill, “Joe, I would absolutely love to.”

Joe let out a nervous laugh as he hugged her to him, “That’s what I was hoping you would say.”

As Leigh Ann pulled back she looked up at Joe nervously, “I’ve never been on an official date before.”

Joe looked down at her in shock, “Are you serious?”

Leigh Ann nodded in response.

“So your first date is going to be with me?” Joe clarified.

Leigh Ann smiled a little, “I guess so.”

Joe smiled, “Guess that means I need to make sure it’s extra special.”

Leigh Ann scoffed, “You don’t have to do that for me.”

“Yes I do, you deserve nothing less,” Joe said as he leaned down and kissed her.

As they broke apart from the kiss a knock sounded at the door along with a call of “room service”.

“Guess it’s time to eat,” Joe said as he went to open the door.

XXXXXXXXX

Leigh Ann followed behind Big Rob as best she could as they followed behind the boys. The day had been pretty hectic so far, for some reason the fans seemed to be in greater numbers than usual making it especially hard to get from place to place, putting more strain on their already time strained schedule; which had made them late for two out of the four interviews they had done that morning.

Speaking of interviews, thanks to those none of the boy’s were in the greatest of moods. Poor Nick had to deflect questions about Selena all day. To Leigh Ann it didn’t make any sense at all. Both Nick and Selena had said numerous times that they were just friends so why couldn’t the press just take it as it was; just a simple friendship.

She especially felt bad because she knew Nick had asked Kirby to listen to one of the interviews and that just happened to have been the fourth and hardest interview for him.

The woman had persistently pestered Nick about Selena and Leigh Ann could tell by all three boy’s responses that they were getting angry. They were never openly rude, but she knew them well enough to know that the woman’s line of questioning was getting to them.

As Big Rob ushered them into the awaiting SUV Leigh Ann’s phone began to ring.

She pulled it out of her bag and slid it open, “Hello?”

“Oh hey Kirby, yeah his phone’s probably still off because of the interview, he right here I’ll hand him the phone.”

As Leigh Ann listened to what Kirby had to say she began to laugh, “I’m with you on that one. They wouldn’t let me in the actual room with the boy’s during the interview and it’s probably a good thing too because I have a feeling I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut.”

Leigh Ann looked up at Nick and began to laugh, “Alright Kirby, I think Nick really wants to talk to you because he keeps motioning for me to hand him the phone, impatiently I might add,” She said as she reached up and handed the phone to Nick.

Leigh Ann watch Nick as he spoke into the phone quietly, ever so slowly a smile began to creep onto his face. It was the first genuine smile she had seen on his face all day and she was happy that Kirby was the one that caused it.

Even though Leigh Ann hadn’t officially met Kirby, she would happily call her a friend. Just from the few times they had spoken on the phone, Leigh Ann knew Kirby was someone she could really get along with; and besides anyone who could make Nick that happy must be a pretty special person.

As Leigh Ann sat back in her seat she leaned her head on Joe’s shoulder.

Joe looked down at her and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, “You still don’t feel well do you?”

Leigh Ann just shook her head in response.

Joe sighed, wrapped his arm around her and leaned down and kissed the top of her head, “Well try to get some sleep. It will take awhile to get to the venue and maybe it will help.”

Leigh Ann just closed her eyes in response.

XXXXXX

Leigh Ann awoke to Joe whispering in her ear, “Wake up sleepy head, were here.”

Leigh Ann yawned and stretched, “ugh, already?”

Joe laughed, “Yeah, and it’s packed. This has got to be one of the biggest meet and greets we’ve had in a while.”

Big Rod Knocked on Kevin’s window signaling for them to get out. Leigh Ann climbed out first so the boys could get out together. As she stepped onto the street she stumbled backwards causing Kevin to have to catch her.

“Hey are you okay?” he called over the noise of the crowd.

Leigh Ann shook her head as if to clear it, “yeah, I’m fine,” She yelled back as she stepped off to the side so the fans could get pictures of the boys.

As the boy’s headed in Leigh Ann stayed behind and got her back and cooler from the back.

One of the security guys stepped forward and helped her with the cooler, “are you sure you’re alright? You don’t look so good.”

“I’ll be fine,” she snapped as she threw her bag over her shoulder.

XXXXXXX

Leigh Ann rested her head in her hands. She felt even worse than she had that morning. The boy’s were currently on stage and she was camping out in their dressing room. Usually, she liked to watch them perform but today she just couldn’t take it. Her headache was back full force, she was constantly nauseous, her throat was throbbing and she kept getting dizzy. She didn’t know why she was feeling this way but she was glad she was getting the next few days off, she needed them.

Leigh Ann looked up when she heard someone open the dressing room door. As the boy’s sweaty bodies poured through the door Leigh Ann jumped up in shock and looked at her watch.

“Guys I am so sorry, time got away from me. I’m sorry for not having your water waiting like I usually do.”

“Don’t sweat it, Dad had your back,” Kevin said as he held up his water bottle.

As Leigh Ann looked up at Kevin and nodded as she felt her world begin to spin.

‘Umm guys, I don’t feel so well,” She said before her world turned black.

Joe reached her first, “Leigh Ann wake up,” He said as he shook her a little bit.

“Come on Leigh Ann, I need you to open your eyes for me,” he said as he lightly slapped the side of her face.

When she still didn’t stir Joe felt for a pulse and paled, “Kevin call 911, Nick go get Dad now,” he yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, what's going on with Leigh Ann, who want's to take a stab at it?? In other news, what do you think of the new banner?? I love it!! If anyone wants to make me another, I would realy appreciate it!! If I can get enough I would like to put one with each chapter...... comments?? they are always appreciated! 8 stars, 51 comments, you guys are amazing!!