God Bless the Broken Road

Falling

Chapter 11: Falling

Leigh Ann smiled as she watched Nick happily text away. If that smile was any indication she would have to guess that whoever was on the other side of that phone was someone that Nick liked.

With Kevin and Joe happily snoring away in their bunks and Nick happily occupied, she picked up her notebook and decided to write.

20, June 2008

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve written hasn’t it. Life’s been… crazy, to say the least. We’ve been on tour for a little over two weeks now and I’m just settling into the hectic lifestyle. That first week was completely overwhelming; I honestly don’t know how they do this.

It doesn’t help matters, that things between Joe and I have been more than awkward since the almost kiss. We are finally starting to get back to normal, and all I can say is thank God. For those first few days I couldn’t even look at him without blushing, and he wasn’t much better himself.

Poor Kevin, apparently he had to hear about it from both Joe and I because on about the fourth day of the tour he finally snapped. He told me that Joe was just as confused as I was and we really needed to just work it out and leave him out of it.

Obviously Joe and I haven’t really worked it out; it’s more like we’ve mutually agreed to ignore it and go back to the way things were. But do I honestly want that? I’m just so confused right now that it’s ridiculous…


XXXX

Leigh Ann looked up as Nick’s phone went off once more; curiosity got the better of her.

“Okay Nick, you have to tell me; just who is it that can put that smile on your face this early in the morning?”

Nick blushed, “N-no one special.”

Leigh Ann’s eyebrow rose, “Oh really?”

Nick ran his hand through his curls out of nervousness, “Okay, so it is someone special.”

Leigh Ann grinned, “Of the female variety?”

Nick suddenly found the passing scenery interesting, “Maybe.”

“Nick, spill it. You know you can tell me.” Leigh Ann said as she tossed her forgotten notebook on the couch beside her.

Nick sighed, “Her name is Kirby. I met her last year while we were on tour. I bumped into her at the mall and we ended up having the most amazing conversation while we were waiting in line and I stupidly forgot to get her number; so by the time the concert rolled around I was really kicking my-self about it. But as we made our way on stage and I got a look at the first row and there she was. Needless to say I didn’t forget a second time.”

Leigh Ann smiled, “You like her don’t you?”

Nick sighed blissfully, “She’s amazing. She really seems to get me, and she doesn’t like me because I’m Nick Jonas. She likes me because I’m Nick, the guy she met at Barns and Noble. She doesn’t treat me like I’m famous and she understands my schedule and doesn’t mind if I call her a three AM because she knows it’s the only time I’ve had to call. She just, she’s amazing.”

“Who’s amazing?” Joe asked as he plopped down beside Leigh Ann with a yawn.

Nick blushed once more, “N-no one. I-I’m gonna go ask the driver when we are stopping for breakfast.” Nick said as he hurried to the front of the bus.

Joe laid his head in Leigh Ann’s lap, “What was that about?”

Leigh Ann grinned as she unconsciously began to run her fingers through his hair, “Oh nothing.”

Joe rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Nick’s phone ringing. He had left it in his chair.

Leigh Ann jumped up trying to beat Joe to the phone, but he was to fast.

“Ya?”

“Nick? I don’t know no stinking Nick” Joe said into the phone as he held it as far out of Leigh Ann’s reach as he could.

Leigh Ann groaned as she reached helplessly for the phone.

“Who am I? I don’t know; who are you?”

Joe smirked down at her in victory.

“Kirby?”

Leigh Ann did the only thing she knew to do. She tackled him to the couch and straddled him. This caught him by surprise and rendered him speechless, for the time being anyways.

Leigh Ann took his silence as an opportunity. She stole the phone away from him and slapped her hand over his mouth to keep him quiet.

“Hi, Kirby? Yeah this is Leigh Ann, Nick’s assistant. He left his phone in the back of the bus, if you just hold on a second I’ll get him for you.”

As Leigh listened into the phone she laughed, “Yes that was Joe you were talking to. Hold on just a second and I’ll go... Never mind here he is.” She said as she held the phone out to Nick who had just walked back in.

“It’s Kirby.” She said as she handed him the phone.

Nick just shook his head at him as he stuck the phone to his ear and headed back to the front of the bus.

As she watched Nick’s retreating back she felt something wet on her hand. She crinkled her nose in disgust.

“That’s just gross Joe,” She said as she wiped her spit filled hand across his chest.

Joe smirked as he wrapped his arms around her waist effectively trapping her where she was, “You know you love me.”

Leigh Ann froze as he continued to stare up at her. As she stared into those chocolate brown eyes Leigh Ann found herself in a free fall with no way to stop herself. As he brought a shaky hand up to her cheek she shivered. God the way he made her feel was amazing. As her face inched towards his she took in a shaky breath. Her eyes fluttered closed… it was really going to happen this time.

As their lips connected Leigh Ann felt a rush surge through her, she had honestly never felt anything like it before. As Joe pulled her closer, she brought her hand up to rest on the base of his neck.

As his kiss became more demanding Leigh Ann lost the process of thought. Everything faded away; nothing existed but him and her. Nothing mattered but the feeling of his lips on hers. As she felt his tongue dart across her bottom lip, she gladly allowed him entrance. She moaned in bliss at the feeling of his tongue dancing with hers. He smirked into the kiss as he pulled her even closer.

“Hey what’s all the, oh. Umm don’t mind me, I’ll be in my bunk,” The sound of Kevin’s voice caused them to break apart breathlessly.

As Kevin retreated back to his bunk Leigh Ann and Joe looked at each other and broke into laughter.

Leigh Ann rested her forehead on his shoulder, “Did you see his face, priceless.”
Joe hugged her to him and nuzzled her neck, “Do you know how long I’ve wanted to do that?” He whispered.

Leigh Ann pulled back a little and looked at him with a grin, “Do you know how long I’ve wanted you to do that?”

Joe laughed, “So where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?”

Leigh Ann smiled shyly, “I don’t know, could you remind me?”

Joe laughed, “I think we were right about here,” He said as he leaned forward and captured her lips once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, I finally got the chance to update!! And I introduced a new character who you will be seeing more of soon. Comment please!!