God Bless the Broken Road

A New Friend

12 July 2008

Wow, sometimes life can just be rough. It’s been a week since I was released from the hospital and yet I still feel like crap. I don’t get it, I thought having my thyroid taken out would make me feel better, but it seems like all I ever do now is sleep too much or not enough. It is currently twelve in the morning, I should be asleep right now yet here I am wide awake writing in this journal. I feel a bit better than I did before but I’m still no at a hundred percent.

My doctor said that it would take my body a while to regulate itself to the medicine but goodness this is just getting ridiculous. I mean for the past two concerts I didn’t even get off the bus. I don’t even know what city we’re headed to right now, how pathetic is that? I’m their assistant and I don’t even know what city there’re playing in.

Joe keeps telling me to stop worrying about it that they could manage a few days with out me, and that he didn’t want me working until I felt better; I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever feel better again. I keep praying that I’ll have that day where I wake up and feel normal again, so far that hasn’t happened.

On another note, Joe and I are doing wonderful. We still haven’t gotten a chance to have that first official date yet but I don’t mind. Just spending time with him is enough for me.

He finally told his family about us and for the most part they seem pretty happy; Kevin of course already sort of knew and well I guess all of them pretty much had an idea because none of them seemed too surprised. Mrs. Jonas seemed the happiest; she grabbed me in a big hug and told Joe that it “took him long enough,” I found it funny but Joe didn’t.

Also my eighteenth birthday is in two days, I haven’t told Joe yet. I mean he knows it’s in July but he doesn’t know that it’s so close. I just really don’t want to make a big deal out of it because the boys have a concert that day and they need to worry about that not me…


XXXXXX

“Birthday, Leigh Ann why didn’t you tell us your birthday was this week?” Nick voiced from behind her causing Leigh Ann to jump.

“You know it’s not polite to scare people so early in the morning. It’s also not very polite to read over their shoulders either,” Leigh Ann stated as she closed her notebook and turned towards him.

Nick had the decency to look sheepish, “Sorry, I couldn’t sleep and saw the light on; thought you might could use some company.”

Leigh Ann patted the spot beside her, “Well, in that case take a seat.”

As Nick plopped down beside her he checked his cell phone.

Leigh Ann laughed, “Ah so the real reason you’re bothering me is because Kirby won’t answer her phone, right?”

Nick grinned, “Am I that obvious?”

Leigh Ann rolled her eyes, “Nick, when are you going to make things official with her? Your practically girlfriend and boyfriend anyways, so what’s stopping you?”

Nick ran a hand through his hair in frustration, “Leigh Ann, I want to be with her so bad; so bad I can almost taste it, but we’re not like you and Joe. We don’t get to see each other all the time, and no matter how much I want her to be my girlfriend; I just don’t think it would work. I mean it’s not fair of me to ask her to be my girlfriend and expect her to wait around for me while I’m on tour; especially with all the rumors that tend to get started. I would end up hurting her and that the absolute last thing I would ever want to do.”

Leigh Ann laughed, “Nick you are one of the smartest people I know, but sometimes you can be so dense. First of all Kirby has no problem waiting for you, I mean isn’t that what she’s doing now? And second of all I have to ask you; what month is it?”

“It’s July, what does that have to do with Kirby?” Nick asked confused.

Leigh Ann rolled her eyes, “And what season does July fall in?”

“The Summ… Leigh Ann you’re a genius,” Nick yelped as he threw his arms around her.

Leigh Ann laughed as she returned the hug, “To quote your mother; it took you long enough.”

“Do you think dad will let her stay with us?” Nick asked

“I don’t see why not.”

XXXXXXXX

13 July 2008

I feel so much better today. I guess the doctor was right; I just had to get use to the medicine. It also helps that Joe woke me up with a kiss this morning. I don’t know what it is but I know that boy is up to something. I have a feeling a little birdie named Nick may have told him what tomorrow is. Either way, I’m not worrying my self over it because we are currently at the airport to pick Kirby in get this Orange Beach, Alabama.

I knew the boys had a concert in Alabama but I guess I over looked the fact that it would be in Orange Beach. When we pulled up to the beach house in Fort Morgan where we would be staying in for the next few days, I about had a cow. I love this area, heck I practically spent every childhood of my summer here. I absolutely can not wait to hit the beach with Kirby, I just….


Leigh Ann smiled as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

“Kirby? What about me? You don’t want to hit the beach with your boyfriend?” Joe asked as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Well, you didn’t let me finish my sentence; I was going to say that I just hope the boys can join us to because they deserve a bit of a break.”

Joe pulled Leigh Ann in his lap, “Well then I guess that’s my cue to tell you that since the next concert isn’t until the nineteenth I was able to talk dad into letting us stay on for a few extra days to celebrate your birthday.”

Leigh Ann wrapped her arm around his neck, “Guess that means Nick told you huh?”

“Baby, why didn’t you tell me your birthday was tomorrow?” He questioned.

“Because I knew you had a concert tomorrow and I really just didn’t what to make a big deal out of it; its just like any other day, I’ll just be a year older.”

“But it is a big deal, at least to me. It’s your eighteenth birthday and I don’t even have a gift for you,” Joe stated as he began to play with her hair.

“I don’t need a gift Joe, getting to spend my birthday with you is enough for me.” Leigh Ann replied as she leaned in for a kiss.

They broke apart at the sound of hydraulics which signaled the bus door being opened.

Nick walked in with a huge smile on his face, followed closely by a girl Leigh Ann assumed to be Kirby, “Guys, I want you to meet Kirby.”

Leigh Ann looked up at the blond haired blue eyed beauty that had such a pull on Nick’s heart and smiled. Jumping up she pulled her into a tight hug, “I’m so glad to finally meet you!”

Kirby laughed, “I know, it good to finally be able to put a face with the voice.”

And so the conversation continued between the two girls with Nick sometimes getting a word or two in every now and then as they headed back to the beach house.

When Joe was sure Leigh Ann wouldn’t hear he leaned towards Kevin, “So, is everything set?”

Kevin grinned, “Yep, dad has a rental waiting for us back at the beach house and he got the track to shut down early for us so we won’t get jumped by fans.”

Joe smiled, “Do you think she’ll fall for it?”

Kevin thought for a minute, “As log as you can keep from blabbing, we shouldn’t have any problems.”

Joe glared at his brother, “Hey!”

Kevin laughed effectively catching Leigh Ann and Kirby’s attention. Leigh Ann sent the two brothers a questioning glance while Kirby looked strait a Joe with a grin and winked.

Ah, so Nick filled her in on the plan….

One thing was for sure the next few days would be mighty interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmmm..... Joe has a plan, this could get interesting.......

You guys I am sooooo sorry for taking so long to update, life and school are absolutly crazy!!!!

10 stars and 69 comments?!!! you guys are amazing!!!

and as always comments are greatly appreciated and if any one is any good at making banners , I would love it if you could possibly make one for this story!!!