God Bless the Broken Road

Part of Joe's Plan

After they arrived back at the beach house Leigh Ann and Kirby brought Frankie to the beach while the boys had a band meeting. Little did Leigh Ann know that meeting just so happened to be all about her.

Joe cleared his throat “Okay so we need to leave here by no later than five, that should give mom plenty of time to set up and then dad will call to give us the all clear.”

“What about her presents?” Kevin asked.

“Their in mom and dads room; mom wrapped them this morning while we were picking Kirby up.” Joe answered.

“What about tomorrow, how’s everything looking with that,” Nick asked.

Joe smiled, “I’ve got everything squared away.”

“Are you even going to tell us what you have planned,” Kevin asked.

“Not a chance; I don’t want to jinx it.”

“Jinx what?” Leigh Ann asked as she came into the room toweling her hair dry.

“W-what are you doing here; I thought you were at the beach?” Joe stuttered as he stared at his bikini clad girlfriend.

“I was but the waves sort of ate my sunglasses so I ran in to get another pair; you guys almost finished in here,” She asked as she wrapped the towel around her body.

“We just finished,” Kevin answered as they all stood up.

Leigh Ann smiled, “Good, now get your butts upstairs and change; Frankie wants to build a giant sand castle and we need you guys to help shovel the sand.”

“Yes mam,” Joe mock saluted as he and his brothers headed upstairs to change.

XXXXX

Leigh Ann’s p.o.v.

The sand castle didn’t take near as long as Leigh Ann thought it would. With everyone working together they were able to build a decent looking sand castle in a little over two hours.

As everyone stood around admiring their handy work, Leigh Ann started to get really sleepy causing her to loose her footing in the sand and stumble, effectively catching Joe’s attention.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he placed a steadying arm around her waist.
Leigh Ann nodded, “Yeah just a bit tired is all.”

“Do you want to head back in, maybe take a nap?”

“Yeah that would probably be a good idea,” She stated as they started the short walk back to the house.

As they walked back Leigh Ann found herself concentrating more on the hand resting lightly on her bare hip than on where she placed her feet, which worried her a bit; she was falling and she was fast.

XXXXX

Joe’s p.o.v.

Once the made it to her room Joe found himself regretfully letting go of her waist. As she climbed into comfy looking bed Joe hesitated in the door way taking in the essence that was Leigh Ann.

As he stared at her he couldn’t help but admit that he found her beautiful both inside and out. She made him feel things he had never felt before. The closest thing he could compare it to would be the rush he gets every time he touches the stage; with her that rush was twenty four seven. One smile from Leigh Ann could set his heart racing in such a way that he never wanted it to stop. She was someone he could see himself being with for a very long time.

At that thought Joe widened his eyes. This was the first time he admitted to himself exactly how hard he had fallen for her. Was he falling in love?

“Joe, will you lay with me till I fall asleep?” Leigh Ann asked, jarring Joe from his thoughts.

As he climbed into the bed with her he leaned in to place what was supposed to be a light kiss on her lips. He was surprised at the intensity he was met with.

Leigh Ann’s kiss was both passionate and hard. Joe happily returned the intensity as she dug her fingernails into his bare shoulders. Gently flipping her over so that she was now lying on top of him, he began to trail his kisses down her cheek. When he reached the place just below her ear he heard her gasp. Smirking he gently nipped her once more as he continued his trail of kisses only hesitating as he reached the hollow of her throat. He kissed her there once more before he pulled her to him.

Lightly dropping a kiss onto the top of her head, he stated, “Now get some sleep; we have a busy night ahead.”

“Oh?”

“Go to sleep Leigh Ann.” Joe laughed.

“Spoil sport,” Leigh Ann said as she closed her eyes.

XXXXXXX

“I’ll get you for this Frankie Jonas!” Leigh Ann jokingly yelled as Frankie flew past her in his go-cart.

They were currently at the track and Frankie had just successfully wrecked Leigh Ann out. Joe had been right, their night had been busy. So far they had played two rounds of mini golf, been beaten horribly by Frankie at the bop a mole game, gotten completely soaked at the bumper boats, and now they were racing each other on the go-cart track.

Leigh Ann just rolled her eyes as Kirby, Nick, Joe and Kevin flew past her waving. She had to admit, she was having an absolute blast.

Once someone came to pull her car off the wall she headed over to the pit area where everyone else was waiting for her.

“Took you long enough,” Joe joked as he helped her out of her car.

“Ha, ha you’re so funny.” Leigh Ann said as she brushed herself off.

“Well I try,” Joe joked as his phone began to ring.

As Joe answered his phone Leigh Ann turned to Frankie and ruffled his hair, “And you, how could you? I thought I was your favorite.”

“Nope, Kirby is,” Frankie said as he tried unsuccessfully to swat Leigh Ann’s hand away.

“But you’ve known me longer?” Leigh Ann added with a mock pout.

“But Kirby doesn’t have a boyfriend and you do.” Frankie added causing everyone to laugh.

When the laughter died down Joe spoke up, “Alright everyone, that was dad. He thinks we should start heading back now.”

XXXXXXX

Once they made it back to the beach house everyone started heading inside. When Joe was half way up the stairs he turned back around.
“Hey Leigh Ann, I think I left my phone in the car, can you get it for me.”

Leigh Ann glance up at Joe oddly, “Sure no problem.”

Leigh Ann ran back to the car, grabbed the phone and headed back up the stairs. When she reached the open door way she found it odd that the lights were out; after flipping them on she received quite a shock.

“Surprise!”

Leigh Ann laughed as she looked around at the decorations through tear filled eyes.

“Happy birthday baby,” Joe stated as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a kiss.

Leigh Ann was indeed having a happy birthday; she had never felt so loved as she did right at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehhh, I'm noty to crazy about this chapter.... The next one should be interesting because Joe reveals the rest of his plan....

I love you guys so much, I am now up to 79 comments, so thank you all!!!!! As always comments are greatly appreciated!!