Sequel: On and On

The Good Life

Chapter 26

The next day I woke up next to Joe and smiled to myself.

That was real. I was going to marry him; the man of my dreams.

I just laid there and watched him sleep, and couldn’t take it anymore, I lightly pressed my lips against his and moved my hand up to push the hair away that fell around his eyes. His eyes fluttered open and squinted at the sunlight that poured through the windows.

He smiled at me, “Morning.” I moved closer to him and stifled a yawn, “Morning.” He kissed the top of my head and we sat in silence for a few moments. “I want to get you a ring today.” He said. “I moved and my eyes met his and I smiled, “You don’t have to right away.” He shook his head, “Oh you know you want it, he said flicking my nose, plus I want to, then everyone will know your mine, all mine.” He said and then let out an ‘evil laugh’ while rolling on top of me, I squealed and he began to tickle me, I immediately started flailing my arms and legs and bursting into fits of laughter. I watched Joe’s amused face hover above me and I managed to sputter out, “Joe! Quit!” He shook his head, “You have to say, “I can’t wait until I marry Joe Jonas so I can have his musical love children.” He stopped tickling me and waited, I laughed harder and he gave my waist a squeeze, “Fine!” I screamed, “Just stop.” He nodded his head for me to continue, “I can’t wait to marry Joe Jonas so I can have his musical love children.” I said in a monotone voice and I scowl on my face.

He got closer to my face, “You don’t want to have my musical love children?” He asked appalled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his lips to mine, “Of course I do.” Now get your musical ass up and lets get ready and go get my ring.” He cocked his head at me and smirked, “I thought you didn’t need it right now.” He said mocking me, I shrugged, “Fine, then I’ll go shower by myself.” I got up and walked to the bathroom door and turned the shower on, I turned around and he was standing there, “Can I help you?” I asked. “Oh well why you were gone, I decided to go green, so we have to shower together to save water.” He explained while pulling his shorts and boxers down and walked into the shower, “Unbelievable.” I chuckled under my breath. He stuck his head out, “What was that?” I pulled my clothes off and stepped in after him, “I think I said, I love you.” I said while pressing myself against him and letting my lips graze his.

Two and a half hours later we were in the car on the way to Rodeo Drive, Joe had insisted we went to Tiffany & Co. to buy it so, to Tiffany’s we went.

We got to the store and walked inside, immediately to be grabbed by a woman that worked there, “Hi, I’m Wendy, can I help you? Ooh are you two getting married?” Joe nodded, “Ah! I knew it.” She squealed. “Follow me.” She said as she rushed in front of Joe and I and I looked at him with wide eyes, he stifled his laughter and we were practically jogging to keep up with Wendy. She abruptly stopped in front of a long case, “Here,” she said running her hands along the top, “The engagement rings.” I turned my attention to the case and a huge grin spread across my face, this was real, I was really getting an engagement ring, oh my God. I looked over to see Joe leaned over the counter with his eyes squinted, examining the rings, I didn’t want to know what it looked like, I wanted it to be something he did on his own for me. I gave his hand a slight squeeze, “Hmm?” He asked no looking away from the case. “Babe, I’m going over there I sad pointing in a random direction.

He turned to me, “What, why?” I pecked his lips, “Because I want you to pick, I want it to be a surprise.” He nodded and pecked my lips again, “What size?” He asked running his fingers along my ring finger, “Six.” I replied to him, “Don’t go overboard, please.” I asked as I turned away. He just smiled and let his eyes wonder back to the case.

I walked around the store, gazing into random cases at the beautiful jewelry, I found myself looking at wedding bands, I’d have to get Joe one soon, I smirked at the idea and asked to see a few. I felt to arms snake around my waist from behind. “Looking for me now?” He asked. I shook my head, “Maybe.”

“Come on.” He said grabbing my hand and leading me back to the car. We climbed in, “You hungry? He asked. I looked at the clock, 2:37, it was late and we hadn’t eaten yet, “Yeah, I actually am.” He picked up my hand in his and set it on his thigh, “Chinese?” he asked hopefully. I smiled, “Of course.” He smiled and directed his attention at the road, he still hadn’t said anything about the ring, but I figured he had something up his sleeve, so I didn’t ask.

He called his mom on the way to the restaurant and asked he to make everyone stay home tonight because we were coming over and wanted to hang out with everyone. She tried to ask questions about us but he quickly got her off the phone. I laughed, “You are something else.” I told him as we pulled into the parking lot.

After we were done eating, we walked to the car and I expected Joe to take us back home but we went the opposite direction. “Joe, where are we going?” I asked. He picked up my hand and kissed it and interlaced his fingers and smiled, never taking his eyes off the road. I smiled and looked out my own window, he was up to something.

We arrived at the beach, I smiled as I stepped out the car and threw my shoes in and rolled up my pants. I looked through my door to see Joe doing the same. He came to my side and grabbed my hand, “Ready?” I nodded and we made our way down the pier to the sand, I let the sand squish between my toes as a light breeze brushed through my hair. We walked a little ways, hand in hand, just staring out at the ocean. We came to an old lifeguard chair. Joe stopped and pointed, “There.” He said as we walked towards it and he climbed up sticking his hand down and pulling me the rest of the way up.

I curled into his lap and his arm lay around my shoulders. I looked out at the ocean and watched the waves lap up the beach; the sun was starting to set so there weren’t that many people out. I shut my eyes and smiled letting the fresh breeze cool my face. I opened my eyes and looked over at Joe, “I love you, you know that, I really do…a lot.” I told him. He smiled and kissed the side of my head, “I know Kay, and I love you too.” He fished in his jacket pocket and pulled out a little blue box tied with a white ribbon.

My heart fluttered at the sight of it and my smile grew, he pulled the ribbon and let te wind take it. He opened the box and slipped the little white box out and tightened his grip on it. “Kayden.” He said softly while grabbing my left hand and staring into my eyes. “This past year, well, almost a year, has changed my life. I met you and my whole outlook changed, I found myself wanting to better myself for you, like I had to impress you, but then I realized that didn’t matter to you, you loved me for me, you are by far the most amazing, fascinating person I have ever met in my life. Every day I find myself wanting to know more about you and when I discover something new it only makes me love you more, I want it to be that way every day.” I heard him open the box but I couldn’t pull my eyes away from his, I was lost in them. He lightly fingered my ring finger, “Spend your life with me?” He asked softly. I grinned at him and nodded my head as tears welled in my eyes, “Yes, there’s no one else I could imagine spending it with.” I felt him slip the ring on my finger and he nodded his head to it. I slowly let my gaze drop to it.

My breath hitched in my throat, I couldn’t breathe, “Oh my God, Joe.” I whispered. It was huge, at least four karats. “Oh my God.” I looked at him and he just grinned, “I told you, I want everyone to know your taken, you’re mine, and I bought you that.” I smiled, boys and their pride. “I love it.” I said while pecking his lips. “It’s more than I expected, but I love it, because you picked it.” He smiled and pressed his lips against mine, and pulled back a few moments later leaning his forehead against mine, “I love you, Kayden Alexis Bryant.” I smirked and stared into his eyes, “I love you too Joseph Adam Jonas.” I laid my head on his chest along with my newly decorated finger and just stared at it. We stayed there a while before Joe whispered, “Wanna go tell my family.” I looked up to him and smiled, “Yeah, let’s go.” I moved over and let him get down I climbed down and he picked me up bridal style and spun me around, “WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!!” he yelled. I began laughing and heard applause I looked over to see and old couple walking near the water, smiling at us, I lightly waved and Joe set me down and we walked back to the car.

We arrived at the Jonas’ and I was getting nervous, Joe turned off the car and opened the door, “Joe.” I said grabbing his hand, he turned and looked at me, “Yeah, babe?” I worriedly looked at the house, “What if they’re mad?” He climbed back in and shut the door, “Kay, they won’t be mad, are you crazy? They love you. They’re going to be happy for us.” I gulped, “Are you sure.” He pecked my lips, “Promise.” He came over to my door and helped me out placing his hand on the small of my back as we walked to the front door.

We walked in to find everyone in the living room watching Transformers. Joe cleared his throat, Mrs. Denise looked up, “Oh hey you two, we were just wondering where you were, come sit down.” We were making our way to sit on the love seat when Kevin spoke up, “So are you two okay now?” We were now standing in front of the TV and everyone’s eyes were on ours, Joe was holding my left hand and looked at me and smirked.

“Actually,” he said lifting my hand up, “We’re more than okay.” I smiled back at him and turned to look at everyone. Kevin and Nick had huge smiles on their faces I looked to Denise, she looked shocked, but happy shocked, she jumped up and wrapped us both in a hug, “Oh, this is so exciting, let me see that ring.” I lifted my hand into hers and she brought it close to her face examining it, “Wow, this is beautiful.” Mr. Paul walked up and hugged Joe and then came over to me hugging me as well, “I’m really happy for you two.” He said as he pulled back grinning at me. I looked around smiling at everyone, who was smiling back and talking amongst each other about the wedding and how exciting all of this was. Why would I ever doubt that they wouldn’t be happy for us, they were amazing people, and...

My new family.