Sequel: On and On

The Good Life

Chapter 29

The next few days I was busy training Quin, she was taking my spot and she wasn’t exactly the brightest crayon in the box. I found myself getting frustrated with her…a lot. I felt bad because I was taking out my aggression on her, the aggression that was caused by Joe and this stupid tour. Even though it was a month, I still wasn’t happy about it but Joe was my everything and I knew this had to be done.

Joe had been in the larger studios upstairs rehearsing for the tour, we hadn’t seen much of each other because of both of our work and it was starting to take a toll on me. I was tired and restless and when I was with Joe, which wasn’t very often, I felt myself trying to pull myself away from him so, hopefully it wouldn’t hurt me as bad when he left.

I came home from work late, as usual, and Joe still wasn’t home. I climbed into bed and thought about things, and I found myself crying. All the stress from work and worrying about what I was going to do when Joe left and just Joe in general, how I’d been pushing him away when he was about to leave for a month.

Joe’s P.O.V.

I was pissed.

Here I was, leaving the studio, it was entirely too late or me to be here, and I just wanted to be with Kayden. I knew she’d be home by now, but I wasn’t sure she wanted me there. Ever since we decided I was going on tour without her, she was distant. Something in her snapped and I felt like when we were together, she didn’t want to be with me. I know she was upset about the whole thing but she was upsetting me.

I walked in the back door of our house and turned off everything downstairs. I was walking up the steps and I heard light sobs echoing through the empty hallway. I felt a pang hit my heart and I slowly made my way into the room and over to the bed.

“Kayden.” I said climbing onto the bed. She rolled over, “Joe.” She croaked out, she started crying harder and I laid next to her and pulled her close to me softly running my hands through her hair. “Shh…it’s okay, Kay, what’s wrong?”

Kayden’s P.O.V.

I didn’t know what was wrong, I felt terrible, I was pushing Joe away when I should be holding him close. I finally regained my composure, “Joe, I’m sorry.” I said between light sniffles. He pulled back to look at me, “For what?” he asked, even though I’m pretty sure he had an idea why. “Ignoring you.”

He sighed, “Kay, I know your upset, it’s okay.” I shook my head, “No, it’s not okay, you show me nothing but love and I turn around and ignore you because I’m upset that you’re leaving. It’s selfish and I was being stupid. I’m just so stressed with work and you leaving and I just didn’t know what to do.” The tears were streaming down my eyes, “I know babe, I know your upset , I am too.” He softly wiped my face. “Look at me.”

I picked my face up to look at him, a small smile settled on his lips, “How much do you love me?” He asked lacing our fingers together. I smiled a little, “A lot.” He moved his face closer to mine on the pillow, “Do you know what love is?” He asked me. I was taken aback by his question, “What do you men?” His eyes penetrated mine, like he was looking into my soul, “You helped me discover love you know that?” I smiled up at him, my eyes never leaving his, “Kayden, you taught me how to love, you showed me what love is, and I love you more than anything or anyone.”

I pulled myself closer to him and snuggled into him, “That’s how I know.” He whispered into my ear, “Know what?” I asked. “That we can make it, the love we have for each other is strong enough. I have faith in our love, wanna know why?” I smiled into his neck, “Why?” I asked dragging my fingertips along his arm. “Because it’s real.” He stated simply.

I lifted myself up and looked at him, just taking him in, “I love you.” He wrapped his arms around me, “I love you too.”

Joe and I spent the rest of his days here spending as much time together as possible, just being together, I decided I wasn’t going to dwell on the fact that he was leaving, this is something he had to do, it was his job, and I was proud of him.

The day before he left I woke up to movement next to me, “Joe, stop moving, it’s too early for this. I heard his voice from across the room, “It’s not me.” I could practically hear the smile on his face. I instantly sat up and looked over to see a small Dalmatian puppy rolling in the sheets on our bed. “Joe!” I squealed. He walked over and sat on the bed with me, “Do you love him?” I nodded over enthusiastically, “He’s perfect.” I laughed as the puppy licked all over my face, “I love him.” I smiled, “I love you.” I said pecking Joe’s lips. I couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face, “What’s his name?” I asked him. “It’s up to you. I just wanted you to have someone to keep you company while I was gone. He’s yours.” He smiled. I studied the small puppy that was staring up to me with his tiny blue eyes, “Hmm. I like Kipp.” Joe picked up the puppy, “Hey Kipp.” He said in a baby voice rubbing his nose with the nose of the small puppy he held above his head, “You gunna take care of my girl?” Kipp let out a small bark, “Good boyyy.” I laughed at the two as Joe laid down next to me laying Kipp in between us, “I can’t believe you.” I smiled at Joe. He grinned back at me, biting his lip, and stroking the small puppy as it lulled off to sleep, I watched Joe as he stared at Kipp with a smile on his face, He looked up at me, “I love him.” He said softly. I laughed a little, “You’re so cute.” I said picking up his hand and kissing his fingertips, “I love you.” He smiled, “I love you too, Joe.”

We were sitting on the loveseat in the Jonas’ leaving room, watching TV with everyone. Frankie was passed out on the floor with Kipp tucked under his neck, sleeping; they had worn each other out throughout the day. We had come over here after a very expensive trip to PETCO so everyone could hang out with the boys before they left tomorrow.

We were watching ‘Deal or No Deal’ and everyone was pretty into it. I was staring at the TV screen, there were 4 cases left. I felt Joe’s hand slowly moving up my thigh under the blanket, I bit my lip and a few moments later he started rubbing small circles on the inside of my thigh over my jeans. I ripped my eyes from the TV and looked at him and narrowed my eyes, ‘Don’t.’ I mouthed to him. He smiled and leaned over to my ear, “Can we leave?” He whispered to me letting his tongue roll over my ear. A chill ran down my spine and I just nodded at him.

Joe stood and stretched his arms over his head causing his shirt to rise revealing his perfectly carved muscles on either hip forming a V that disappeared into his pants. That one glance was all it took for me to want to pounce on him right there. “We’re gunna go, I have a few more things to pack up.” Joe announced to the room, Mrs. Denise muted the TV, “Okay, see you two tomorrow morning.” We said our goodbyes and I went to pick up Kipp, “You can leave him if you want.” Denise said watching Frankie sleep with the small dog, “Are you sure?” I asked looking up at her, “Yeah, Frankie would love that, “We’ll all meet up before it’s time for breakfast, you don’t need to worry about him while your trying to get him packed.” She said gesturing to Joe who was standing by the door, bouncing on the balls of his feet, ‘Come on!’ he mouthed to me. I scowled and turned back to Denise, “Thanks, I’ll see you all in the morning.” I said walking over to Joe who grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. “Bye guys!” He shouted over his shoulder.

Joe sped the entire way to our house and we got there in five minutes instead of the usual ten, I got out and walked through the back door with Joe behind me, he hadn’t said anything since we left his parent’s house, “Joe—” I turned around to ask him what was up with him but he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine, I wrapped my arms around his neck and parted my lips, granting him access to my mouth. He walked backwards pulling me with him to the stairs, we got half way up and he finally broke the kiss, breathing hard, he reached down and pulled the shirt over my head, he pushed me against the wall and rubbed his body onto mine, kissing down my neck, causing a low moan to escape from my throat. I grabbed the hem of his shirt and pushed it off of him and onto the floor, our lips found each other again and he picked me up and walked up the rest of the stairs, where my bra was left and into our bedroom.

He laid me down on the bed and crawled over me, layering kisses down my neck and stomach, I kept my hands knotted in his hair, he sponged one last kiss right below my belly button and unbuttoning my pants, he leaned back, resting on his heels and pulled my pants off one leg at a time, his eyes never leaving mine. He stood up and shimmied out of his pants, and threw them on the floor, I propped myself up on my elbows and watched his eyes as he hooked his fingers around his boxers and let them fall to the floor. I bit my lip and let my eyes linger on his perfect body. I braced my shoulders in the mattress and lifted my hips up of the bed, “Joe.” I said in a low raspy voice. He crawled back on to the bed and slowly scooted my black lacy underwear down my legs. I sat up and grabbed his face pulling it to mine and pressed our lips together, I parted my lips and he massaged my tongue with his. His hand trailed down my chest and in between my thighs gently passing his hand over me, making me squirm.

I threw my head back and let out a moan, he continued to tease me, watching my face, I couldn’t take it anymore, I grabbed his shoulders and flipped him over, hovering above him and planting small kisses on his chest. I leaned back and lowered myself onto him, I groaned in pleasure and Joe sat up and attached his lips onto my lower neck. I moved slowly and pressed myself against Joe, he moaned onto my neck and flipped me over so I was blow him, I wrapped a leg around his waist and he moved into me, I gripped at his back and picked my head up to whisper in his ear, “Joe…more.” I panted out. He reached underneath me as I arched my back he settled a hand on the small of my back keeping me in place as the thrusts harder into me, my mouth gapped open and I screamed his name. I tried to listen to him over my own signs of pleasure as his breathing got short and rugged and he groaned into my ear. We were both getting louder, wanting it more and more, and I felt as Joe’s whole body tensed up and he thrust into me harder, I screamed his name as I felt my body tighten and then release itself, he slowed down and then collapsed next to me.

We said nothing, he didn’t have to, I didn’t have to, we just showed each other how much we loved the other. Joe just pulled me to him and stroked my arm, as i slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next thing I knew I heard a voice booming up the stairs from the kitchen, “Joe! Kayden! I taught Kipp how to sit!” I groaned and turned over. “Oh shit!’ I bolted upright covering myself with the sheet, “Joe!” I shook him, “Joe, get up! Your family is here.” He shot up and looked around, the bed was messed up, our clothes from last night were all over the floor, “Shit.” He said running a hand through his hair. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, “Shit!” I ran into the bathroom and grabbed a robe, Joe followed with all our clothes from the floor and pulled on a pair of sweatpants from the hamper. We walked back into our room as Kevin was lightly knocking and coming in.

“Hey Kev—oh shit.” Joe said watching as his older brother held up our shirts from last night and my bra, “Ugh.” I groaned covering my face. Joe attempted to explain, “Oh we—uh—we were just—uh—you know.” Kevin threw our clothes on the floor, “Yeah you’re were just lucky mom didn’t come to wake you up.” He said raising his eyebrows in amusement, “We’re all downstairs with breakfast.” He said laughing as he walked out the door.

“Oh my God.” I said shaking my head, “That was embarrassing.” Joe shrugged, “They already know.” I looked at him, “Joe, that’s going to be awkward now.” He shook his head, “What? Your hot, I’m hot, we got it on.” He said thrusting his hips in the air. I laughed and picked up a pillow and started hitting him with it. He ran forward and tackled me onto the bed and started tickling me, “Oh you think your funny?” he said attacking me with his fingers. “Joe stop!” I giggled. He actually listened and lowered his face right above mine and rubbed his nose against mine, “I love you.” He said seriously. I lightly pressed my lips against his, “I love you too.”

We got ready and drug all Joe’s suitcases downstairs, we were greeted by the entire Jonas family and Starbuck’s…yum. “Morning everyone.” I said as I picked up Kipp from Frankie’s grasp, “Hey little guy, I missed you.” I said kissing his tiny, wet nose. We ate and loaded Joe’s stuff into my car. We drove to the studio, where the bus was parked and unloaded everything. We stood outside and made sure everyone had everything and Mr. Paul, Mrs. Denise and Frankie told the boys bye while I played in a patch of grass with Kipp. I saw Joe sauntering over to me, hands in his pockets while Nick and Kevin hugged their parents and little brother, “You’re not joining in the family hug?” I asked when he was within hearing distance, he came and wrapped his arms around me, “This is my family hug.” He whispered into my ear. I pulled back, smiling, and wrapped my arms around his neck playing with his long hair, “I’ll miss you.” He said softly. I laid my head on his chest, “I’ll miss you too.” We stood there just holding each other for a while until I heard Mr. Paul calling Joe’s name, I detached myself from him and scooped up the puppy that was jumping at my feet. Joe grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers and sighed, “Time to go.”

We got to the bus and Joe pulled me to him kissing the top of my head, “I love you.” I smiled up at him, “I love you too, Joe. Have fun. Make me proud.” He smiled down at me and kissed me one last time, I turned my head and he deepened the kiss, I heard the bus start and we finished the kiss with a few slow pecks. “See you later, Kayden, I’ll call all the time.” He winked at me as Frankie jumped off the bus followed by Mr. Paul and Mrs. Denise, he hugged his parents and little brother one more time before starting up the steps to the bus. I joined the three of them and watched him climb the stairs, he turned when he got up the fourth step and turned to look at the group of us, “I love you guys.” He called out, then he locked his eyes with mine and laid a hand on his heart and pointed at me with that adorable grin on his face. I smiled back at him and returned the gesture.

I watched as the door shut and the bus pulled away, I said bye to Mr. Paul, Mrs. Denise, and Frankie, as I got into my car and turned on the radio half way through a song, I listened to the words and smiled to myself as they perfectly described Joe and I with this tour, i rolled the windows down and allowed the wind to flow through my windows;

It's going to be alright
It's going to be alright

I believe you'll outlive this pain in you heart
And you'll gain such a strength from what is tearing you apart
Oh, oh I believe I believe that

It's going to be alright
It's going to be alright

When some time has past us, and the story if retold
It will mirror the strength and the courage in your soul
Oh, oh, I believe I believe,

I believe
I believe

I did not come here to offer you cliche's
I will not pretend to know of all your pain
Just when you cannot, then I will hold out faith, for you

It's going to be alright
It's going to be alright

(Sara Groves – It’s Going To Be Alright)

It really was going to be alright. I thought, smiling to myself.